Started on: 03-19-2017 02:34 PM
Replies: 11 (222 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 03-27-2017 05:11 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And if one of the little nanobots needs a computer reboot, exactly how are we to do that? And what if a hacker can reprogram the little bots? Designer executions or assassinations? Can they speak to us internally so those voices telling us to rob that bank actually did tell us? So many fun questions to answer.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why would anyone want to live forever?

I want to see what the next level is like when that time comes.

YMMV
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The nanobots will be available on a subscription-based system, 90% of your income a month if you want to continue living.

Also no chance whatsoever of a 3rd world despot using them to enslave his people, or anyone connected to the internet. No, none at all...

Be more interesting to see if they can repair and replace tissue to the point someone who's say 50 could look and feel 25. Or are you stuck at whatever age they figure out the technology?
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Why would anyone want to live forever?

I want to see what the next level is like when that time comes.

YMMV

Take away religion, and people get scared to die. :/

Well, more scared to die.

Brad
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Afraid to die, afraid there might be judgement, or afraid it will hurt?
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2017 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Afraid to die, afraid there might be judgement, or afraid it will hurt?

From personal experience. I'd say a little of all three.

There is a reason people tend to "find Jesus" when they are suddenly faced with death for whatever reason.

Brad
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't want to live forever, but sure would like to have my body be "alright" as I age. I'd rather live to be 90 and have a decent body (joints and such) than live to be 200+ and be all old and crippled and such.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

There is a reason people tend to "find Jesus" when they are suddenly faced with death for whatever reason.

Brad

I think its more along the lines of actually having a real reason to think about something besides the here and now.
Everyone has their reasons, reasons to believe, reasons not to.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rejuvenating elderly mice with an experimental drug... scientists report experimental results from the Netherlands.
from BBC News Online
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39354628

THIS IS THE ACTUAL SCIENCE JOURNAL PUBLICATION

Targeted Apoptosis of Senescent Cells Restores Tissue Homeostasis in Response to Chemotoxicity and Aging
http://www.cell.com/cell/fu...0092-8674(17)30246-5

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-26-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:
Don't want to live forever, but sure would like to have my body be "alright" as I age. I'd rather live to be 90 and have a decent body (joints and such) than live to be 200+ and be all old and crippled and such.

My Grandma died, four days ago. 108 years old. Two days after her birthday. I last saw her two weeks ago. Two years ago before that (she lived in Florida, I Texas).
She was pretty spry at 104 years old, joints and such, but getting old is ... I don't know ... just as trouble some as getting than young.

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

X2

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock