Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  UN Security Council passes non-binding resolution Israel's settlements U.S. abstains

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
UN Security Council passes non-binding resolution Israel's settlements U.S. abstains by rinselberg
Started on: 12-24-2016 02:49 AM
Replies: 17 (316 views)
Last post by: jmclemore on 12-31-2016 06:06 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the path cleared by the Obama administration's decision to abstain from voting Yes, No or Veto, the United Nations Security Council passed a non-binding resolution that focuses on the issues and impacts of Israel's "settlements"; i.e., of residential housing and living and working facilities that are reserved for Israelis, that are sited on land in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

This is the full text of the United Nations Security Council resolution.
Click to show

This is the full text of the declaration of abstention by the Obama administration's top level representative at the United Nations, Samantha Powers.
Click to show

These transcripts are sourced from the online version of the well known Israeli news and opinions venue "Haaretz".

Sourced from:
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/LIVE-1.760936
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.761030
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.761017

I am posting this as a convenience for those who may want to "talk" about this front page news story.

It's already become part of the discussion in one other recently active discussion thread that I was involved in.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-24-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.aol.com/article/...-settlemen/21641282/

Anyone that doubted who Obama favors should note that even his former supporters have turned on him.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

You can't do much about the length of your life, so focus on the width and depth. When Life throws you a curve, lean into it and roll that throttle!!

If, you wish to piss off a Conservative, lie to him.
If, you wish to piss off a Liberal, tell them the truth.

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
I am posting this as a convenience for those who may want to "talk" about this front page news story.

Well thank you for that. I will post about a bunch of crap you may want to talk about.

I will talk about ... what you want to talk about. I will be glad to indulge you.

Forget about what happened. Think about this. A failed President with no staying power, setting a future agenda.
He is not the Messiah.

It's already become part of the discussion in one other recently active discussion thread that I was involved in.

Which one was that ? I am fixing to get to one also, I don't want to slight you.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Which one was that ? I am fixing to get to one also, I don't want to slight you.

It came in towards the very end (the end, as it stands currently; pending any additional posting) of this one:

"109 reasons not to believe Rinse and friends"
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/118776.html

I did not originally reference this Security Council resolution within that thread; it was someone else that dun it.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is again, Obama trying to set fire to everything he can reach on his way out the door. As I have said before, he needs to sit down and shut up, but we all know he will not.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sooooooo, a nonbinding resolution, huh?

Meh.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obama setting himself up for a stint as UN SecGen at some point down the road.....

His dream, King of the World......
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

This is again, Obama trying to set fire to everything he can reach on his way out the door. As I have said before, he needs to sit down and shut up, but we all know he will not.

This, I would agree with, Obama's legacy is trash, he knows it and is trying to impress someone. It most surely isn't me.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

You can't do much about the length of your life, so focus on the width and depth. When Life throws you a curve, lean into it and roll that throttle!!

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

This is the full text of the United Nations Security Council resolution.
[HIDE]

This is the full text of the declaration of abstention by the Obama administration's top level representative at the United Nations, Samantha Powers.
[HIDE]

This is Samantha Powers calling for a military invasion of Israel:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-24-2016).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

This is Samantha Powers calling for a military invasion of Israel:

They think they had a fight in Iraq and Afghanistan...Israel will not stand down, theyre not afraid of anyone including the US. Ask an Egyptian how it worked out for them ? If you want foreign invaders on US soil, start something with Israel. From what I seen, they are not going to care about the UN resolution...they will do what they want on their own soil. They only LET Palistinians there at all because they allowed it.

Trump has already said the UN is a joke and I agree completely...its outlived any usefulness. The US and Israel provide 1/4+ of the UNs funding. We also supply nearly ALL of the manpower and equipment in every skirmish in the world. Trump will move to dismiss the resolution the first week in office. That or he will pull out of the UN, and take the US funds with it. Israel will also pull out if it hasnt already. The UN will then become even more worthless, with the powers of a city police department. Trump would buy the UN building in New York to turn it into condos (after his terms of course).

Obuma is also trying to race thru a bill to close down any arctic oil exploration permanently. Trump will also get that thrown out.

Expect Obuma to try and do lots of this crap, clandestinely if necessary, for the rest of his term.

Hes also pardoned or commuted sentences for 1200 convicted criminals, most of which had long or life sentences, and a lot of gun crimes. One guy I think had like 300 years for operating a gunrunning ring. Glad hes getting him off... Most other presidents have done a handful of them in their terms...usually like drug offences.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone would like to "video" the complete declaration of abstention from Samantha Powers, this is the video record of the Security Council meeting of December 23. The statement begins at 19 minutes and 45 seconds after the video starts. This moment (19:45) can be accessed directly by moving your screen cursor onto the video to reveal the timeline. Then you can cursor directly to the right until you are at 19:45. Powers yields to the next speaker at 34:30, so it's just about 15 minutes on the nose, from the opening cadenza to the final, fading chord progression that signals the end of the finale.

click here for video

This is the link to the full text of the Security Council resolution, directly from the United Nations website.
http://www.un.org/en/ga/sea...bol=S/RES/2332(2016)

PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems we are in the midst of getting rid of bad tenants in the White House.

Metaphorically trashing the place on the way out the door.

From other threads I know some of you have tenants and now I can sympathize.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Seems we are in the midst of getting rid of bad tenants in the White House.

Metaphorically trashing the place on the way out the door.

From other threads I know some of you have tenants and now I can sympathize.

Unfortunately, this happens often to land lords who have tenants that have failed to keep up their end of the bargain when their lease is up or they are evicted.

Let's hope they aren't like the last ones evicted, they took most of the furniture and valuables with them. Remember when Bill and Hillary departed?
Is this a Dem thing or what?
------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 12-24-2016).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BNet calls out the new Security Council resolution that passed, as a behind-the-scenes collaboration (or conspiracy) of President Obama, working hand in hand with [the] Palestinians.

"Friends don't take friends to the Security Council."

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Summons U.S. Ambassador After U.N. Vote
http://www.nbcnews.com/news...or-after-u-n-n700051
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw on Fox News last nite, that Charles Krauthammer, said exactly what I did. Trump will buy the UN and convert to condos....lol.

Israel says IT WILL NOT honor the decision of the UN, and will do as it pleases in its own territory. Netanyahu says by passing this, they lost their bargaining position with the Palestinians who now would have to do nothing to stay in the west bank. So there is no reason for them to meet to come up with a peaceful solution. Palestinians are still under threat of Israeli military.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Let's hope they aren't like the last ones evicted, they took most of the furniture and valuables with them. Remember when Bill and Hillary departed?

Including all the "W"s off of the typewriters, .
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im guessing the Obumas will rob the White House bare the day they move out...just like the Clintons. Im sure Trump dont want any of the Obuma junk they might leave there. Democrats will be dumpster diving for a week.
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was the one thing Obama did that
I do not think was aimed at Trump personally.

This one is much deeper and darker as it
clears the way for Palestinians to attack
Israeli settlements while any retaliation would
be considered an act of offense and aggression.

This effectively labels Israel as an occupier
of Palestinian territory. Which could only be
true if a Palestinian state existed. This
was Obama's UNESCO version of deem and
pass. Think of it as the Palestinians receiving
modified version of domestic partnership State's Rights
instead of being recognized as real marriage State.

Unfortunately, this gives every supporter of the Palestinian
claim to territory the legitimacy needed to justify an
attack on Israel as merely defending Palestine from
Israeli aggression....

This was a carefully calculated move on Obama's
part to secure a legacy that includes his being instrumental
in the push toward a 2 state solution. This was also a stupid
and callused decisions made purely as selfish endeavor.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock