Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  'Brinksmanship' inside Sikh temple (United Kingdom)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
'Brinksmanship' inside Sikh temple (United Kingdom) by rinselberg
Started on: 09-11-2016 12:06 PM
Replies: 20 (307 views)
Last post by: Boondawg on 09-14-2016 06:58 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just thought it would be nice to have some variety, so...

Armed [police] officers were called to a Sikh temple in Leamington Spa on Sunday morning after more than 50 men, some carrying blades, entered the building to stop an interfaith marriage service.

For around eight hours, the group, described by a trustee of the Gurdwara temple as “fanatical extremists”, occupied the foyer, forcing the postponement of a wedding between a Sikh bride and a Hindu groom that had been scheduled for Sunday. . . .

All but one of the weapons seized so far have been kirpans, ceremonial blades which it is often considered legal for Sikhs to carry in public, Warwickshire police said. Police are investigating initial reports about the involvement of other bladed weapons. . . .

The complete news report is online at The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com...leamington-spa#img-1

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-11-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you/we keep islam out of our radar today please?

Edit: Thank you. I have zero intentions of arguing with you fine folks today. Going to concentrate my energy on making others smile. I am sickened by this date, but I use laughter and humor to "forget" that which bothers me. It is much more productive than walking around with an itchy vagina.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-11-2016).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK.

I really should be focusing more of my energy elsewhere.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

This is how you choose to remember 9/11.
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rinselberg,
The title to every one of your threads should be "Do Not Click On This".

Because there are certain people who click on them, knowing full well they ain't gonna' like what they read within.
And than they dog you for them reading it.

This would help those that just can't help themselves.

What is someone looking for when they click on a Rinselberg thread on 9/11...

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I put "variety", I wasn't particularly thinking about this being a 9-11 anniversary. I was thinking about it as just another day. It's a post I could have made on any on any other day.

I accept the negative feedback on my having posted it today, instead of waiting until tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thanks.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I accept the negative feedback on my having posted it today, instead of waiting until tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thanks.

I assume it's a matter of taste....but is it the readers, or the posters?

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Rinselberg,
The title to every one of your threads should be "Do Not Click On This".

Because there are certain people who click on them, knowing full well they ain't gonna' like what they read within.
And than they dog you for them reading it.

This would help those that just can't help themselves.

What is someone looking for when they click on a Rinselberg thread on 9/11...

Ugh.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I assume it's a matter of taste....but is it the readers, or the posters?

"Taste"?

Ask the same question of the guy who dropped the turd in the punch bowl or of the people who unknowingly dipped their cup into it.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-11-2016).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

"Taste"?

Ask the same question of the guy who dropped the turd in the punch bowl or of the people who unknowingly dipped their cup into it.

Taste, as in "Should one censor news (not opinion) on 9/11/16 because it might offend someone else?"
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Censor is a strong word. No one but Rinselberg and Cliff Pennock can censor his posts. All we can do is ask . And IMO, we have just as much right to do that as he does to start this thread.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 09-11-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

...what about people's opinions regarding Rinselberg's post? Should they be censored?

They should not.
But I think the question is taste.

Or at least the subjectiveness of it...

To Your Edit: Censor, as in "Should someone NOT post news (not opinion) on 9/11/16 because it might offend someone else?"
I was referring to censoring oneself.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 09-11-2016).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked. He complied. It was/is all good. Actually nice of him. I took that from it Boondawg.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2016 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I asked. He complied. It was/is all good. Actually nice of him. I took that from it Boondawg.

I'm always glad for that.
I was merely exploring.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "rinselberg variety hour" continues...

"Beef about beef turns ugly in India"

A Muslim woman from one of India's Muslim-majority areas alleges that she was gang-raped after her attackers accused her of eating beef "because she was a Muslim."

After reading this online report from the Kathmandu Post, I have more questions than answers.

If any of India's Muslims eat beef, is it against the national law of India? Or is it "merely" frowned upon by the [perhaps more ardent] practitioners and adherents of Hinduism? Do the "beef laws" that India's state and municipal authorities are formally authorized to enforce vary from one locality to another across India?

The woman, [age] 20, told the BBC that four men brutally raped her and her 14-year-old cousin two weeks ago, even though they had denied consuming beef.

She said the men also beat her uncle and aunt to death in their home in Mewat, a Muslim-dominated district.

The suspects have been arrested and charged with rape and murder.

This report does not explicitly characterize the woman's alleged attackers or those who were charged and arrested as "Hindu".

It's enough to make any self-respecting human carnivore's head spin. Oh, by the way, could someone please pass me that bottle of A.1. Sauce?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-12-2016).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Next up... Syria, the vacation destination of your dreams.

Are you looking for a relaxing vacation on a sun-dappled beach surrounded by lush green valleys, pristine azure waters, and exciting nightlife?

How about Syria?

The Syrian Ministry of Tourism just released a series of YouTube videos that depict the war-torn country as a paradise of jet-skiing adventures, ancient citadels and hilltop villages. The tagline: Syria: Always Beautiful. (Or, actually, "Beatiful.")

NBC News reports. Includes a "Syria, Always Beautiful" YouTube video promo from the aforementioned Syrian Ministry of Tourism.
http://www.nbcnews.com/busi...ct-spot-your-n644096
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Armed [police] officers were called to a Sikh temple in Leamington Spa on Sunday morning after more than 50 men, some carrying blades, entered the building to stop an interfaith marriage service.

For around eight hours, the group, described by a trustee of the Gurdwara temple as “fanatical extremists”, occupied the foyer, forcing the postponement of a wedding between a Sikh bride and a Hindu groom that had been scheduled for Sunday. . . .

All but one of the weapons seized so far have been kirpans, ceremonial blades which it is often considered legal for Sikhs to carry in public, Warwickshire police said. Police are investigating initial reports about the involvement of other bladed weapons. . . .

The complete news report is online at The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com...leamington-spa#img-1

The underlying message here is that... had these people been Islamic, there would have been multiple deaths. In this case, it was a fundamental disagreement between Sikhs and Hindus, and no one died. I mean, look at what happened:

"They pushed around a couple of people, grabbed a tie, grabbed someone's phone and they were trying to threaten people."
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Smokey (the) Imam"

Indonesia's highest Islamic council has issued a fatwa on burning land and forests, a government official said on Wednesday, in an effort to halt the toxic smog that blankets the region each year.

The fatwa is not legally binding but is aimed at discouraging plantation companies and farmers from clearing land using slash-and-burn methods in Southeast Asia's biggest economy. . . .

Every year, Indonesia faces criticism from its neighbors Singapore and Malaysia over the smog, euphemistically known as "haze", and its failure to stop the fires from being lit. . . .

(Excerpts from Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/arti...e-idUSKCN11K102?il=0

Variety Show will continue after this commercial break
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PSA

REMEMBER, ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES by getting rid of the forests

we now return you to your program in progress

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-14-2016).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

REMEMBER, ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES by getting rid of the forests

we now return you to your program in progress

Dang... why did you clear out all those trees?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2016 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Dang... why did you clear out all those trees?

That's actually really smart on a few different levels.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 09-14-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock