Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. by maryjane
Started on: 04-21-2016 01:31 PM
Replies: 505 (10586 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-04-2024 09:44 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "What I'm Seeing Today" thread...I've seen it done elsewhere, and gives us a little insight of what our friends' lives are really like.
1 post, of one or two pictures/day please, that YOU personally took with camera or cell phone cam of what you are seeing or saw in your daily personal or work environment life that day. If you see something more 'interesting later in the day, please go back and just edit your original daily post. (and "Please" ...don't do a google image search to embellish your life) Each person's real and actual life has it's own story to tell, and tho 'you' may find it somewhat boring or mundane, that doesn't mean the rest of us will..

self explanatory--'SSDD' here--my poor garden:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And your Christmas lights.

Good thread idea!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just haven't been able to get up on a ladder and take those down yet.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I just haven't been able to get up on a ladder and take those down yet.

Understandable, just a talking point

Garden going to survive?
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Good thread idea!

I agree.
My day has been pretty standard, so far. I just got back from my bicycle ride and will probably go for a motorcycle ride here in a little bit, but I have posted plenty of pictures of both, before.

edit: I took a ride around the back side of Luke AFB and a pair of F-35's landed right over me. I was staring straight at their intakes.

Me and the pygmy pony over by the dental floss bush cactus.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-21-2016).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SSDD applies here as well.

Sitting in my office at home with the blinds closed. Working on writing a 510(k) submission to the FDA for a new medical device, (hip fixation pin).
Goofing off for a few minutes looking at Don's new thread on PFF.

Just to my left of my computer desk shown above is another 6' desk that I use as a sort of "mini lab" for my medical device work.

On the glass is a digital caliper and a titanium hip fixation pin, (just like one used to fix Grandma's hip when she falls and breaks it)
The small silver metal "gizmo" in front of the black coffee cup by the desk lamp is a 5X scale model of a medical valve I invented and patented.
To the left of that is my "muslim alarm clock"

This is what I'm seeing for about the next 6-8 hours today...

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-21-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Understandable, just a talking point

Garden going to survive?

After last year's garden drowned twice in 2 months, I planted this one on high rows, so it may, but usually all this rain leaches all the nutrients out of the soil and the leaves yellow and stop growing. we'll see

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69626 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by randye:

Sitting in my office at home with the blinds closed. Working on writing a 510(k) submission to the FDA for a new medical device, (hip fixation pin).

Your desk is so very tidy and neat compared to mine. What is the metallic looking instrument on the left side of the display in front of the pen cup? It looks "medical"

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your desk is so very tidy and neat compared to mine. What is the metallic looking instrument on the left side of the display in front of the pen cup? It looks "medical"

Thought you were goiong to say "can I borrow that"
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like one of those things a doctor uses to look into your ear.
I looked it up: otoscope

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-21-2016).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is a (now "old fashioned"), D battery powered Otoscope. The thing the Dr. uses to look in your ears and nose.

I will show the wife your comment re: my comparably "tidy" desk. She says all the "FLYNs" that I have stuck everywhere looks messy.

("FLYNs" = *Friggin' Little Yellow Notes*), They have become my "short term memory" as I have gotten older.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-21-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Just to my left of my computer desk shown above is 6' desk that I use as a sort of "mini lab" for my medical device work.

On the glass is a digital caliper and a titanium hip fixation pin, (just like one used to fix Grandma's hip when she falls and breaks it)
The small silver metal "gizmo" in front of the black coffee cup by the desk lamp is a 5X scale model of a medical valve I invented and patented.
To the left of that is my "muslim alarm clock"

This is what I'm seeing for about the next 6-8 hours today...

Now you are beginning to scare me is your real last name Frankenstein ?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stupid employees dropped a 400 dollar ladder today. I was HOT enough to melt hell.

screen capture
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After last year's garden drowned twice in 2 months, I planted this one on high rows, so it may, but usually all this rain leaches all the nutrients out of the soil and the leaves yellow and stop growing. we'll see

Maybe switch to growing rice? Just an idea...
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got rid of our 1998 - 26' camper and bought this 31' one last week. I've come to the realization that I'm not getting a boat, so this will do. (Got the H-D, so I can't complain too much.)

Actually, it's a nice change of pace and scenery. The time appears to slow down a bit which is nice. And we don't sleep in someone else's bed. We have one daughter left at home, but this sleeps 9 so I'm sure the kids and grandkids will make their way on our weekend trips. Heading to Assateague Island next weekend!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by FieroTony (edited 05-04-2016).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

View from across the "lake" at the house I am trying to get my bid in on.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks tranquil, and beautiful. I hope you get it!
Which lake is that?
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that your house, MJ?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With that many trees? Not likely.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I saw WalMart. I didn't like it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Today I saw WalMart. I didn't like it.

Walmart probably saw you as well--they have eyes everywhere. You'll be on Youtube tomorrow.
PFF
System Bot
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Walmart probably saw you as well--they have eyes everywhere. You'll be on Youtube tomorrow.

Better than ending up on peopleofwalmart.com

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
View from my front porch at 6:00 AM this morning. Guess I got up before the moon went to bed.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see spring greenup has begun in Ill too.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG! It looks like a dandelion farm out here. Have to mow every 3-4 days this time of year
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting green here too.

Going today to get some stuff to start a bit of landscaping around the sidewalk we put in last fall. Photobomb by my toaster DD since the Fiero and the wife's car take up the garage.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jane--hold my beer and watch this.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Got rid of our 1998 - 26' camper and bought this 31' one last week. I've come to the realization that I'm not getting a boat, so this will do. (Got the H-D, so I can't complain too much.)

Jealousy is getting the best of me with that pic..........

Was seriously looking at getting an RV with slide outs, wanted to cut a door way in the back side of the slide out and then install a ramp so I could put my Valkyrie up in the slide out. Was a decent plan but, no one makes a slide out wide enough for the Valkyrie.

So, I just bought a fifth wheel with the ramp in back.......... The slide out idea would have been much more efficient had it worked out.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went for a ride today. Not as long as I hoped. We were planning on doing about 150 miles, but I got about 20 miles down the road, coming down the off ramp from AZ303 to US60 I went to downshift and I was just pedaling air. My shift lever was gone. Another rider went back and found it and while I was waiting, I found some wire. There is always wire on the side of the road!? I did some redneck engineering and went home.

Let the Harley jokes commence........
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I have that old wire?
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's showtime here. Have five of these purple bushes in the back yard, four have already dropped their blossoms and this one soon will.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 04-25-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
azaelas?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can I have that old wire?

Sure. I gathered a small pile at 303 and 60. Just follow the motorcycle tracks.
33°40'43.8"N,112°24'08.9"W
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2016 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Let the Harley jokes commence........

Lol.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Jane--hold my beer and watch this.

It only swung off to the side once while pulling it up with the ropes and blocks. (I am not partial to that gardenia bush anyway)

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see dead people bikes.

Everywhere.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks tranquil, and beautiful. I hope you get it!
Which lake is that?

It is called Twin Lakes. Man made. More of a pair of ponds if you ask me. About a 50x100 area behind the house that I am bidding that is private lake front. Fire pit there already. HUGE deck on the back of the house. 3 French doors to access it from Living, Kitchen, and Master.

For sure has Black Bass as I saw a sign with the slot on it. 10+ inches I think is what it said, so I am guessing it is heavily stocked. They are gating it within a year, which no one would know from the listing unless they spoke with the HOA president. As of last week I was the only person he had spoken with.

3500SQFT. Garage is only 500-600 and 2 car, but at that size it kills my ~400sqft one now. Has a safe room installed already. Honestly I prefer the storm shelter I just had installed, but no need to rush out and drop another $7000. Parking is a horseshoe place 2 double car areas. It is a cobblestone type material. Not really sure what I'd call it. Only complaint I have is I wish it had less storage and another bedroom. There are 2 huge storage closets, plus 2 attack areas. At least 300SQFT of storage. I would've preferred another room. No biggy, I am buying it for the addition and the backyard, plus parking. They also are banning renters from the area, so that is stellar as the house across from me has a renter and it is a **** show.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002

With that many trees? Not likely.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2016 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watching the trees slowly destroy my spare truck before I can get it customized...

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why are leaves falling at the beginning of Spring?

(I do not have that specific problem for obvious reasons)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-25-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock