Started on: 01-21-2016 02:40 PM
Replies: 176 (3296 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-14-2017 10:00 AM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boys, I've got them done, but Jenny won't be by USPS until tomorrow when she goes to vote. Try and get you both trackers or whatever the heck they give you. Expect them shortly and enjoy.
IP: Logged
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These didn't go out until yesterday. I sent you both tracking as well as instructions on first boot up. I didn't mention any of the other programs and their uses, but there are DOZENS. Music on demand. TV shows live. Sporting events including Pay-Per-View live. TONS of soccer if that is your bag. I think every event is available. Local news channels are hard to find, you will likely still want an antennae for that, but otherwise we have cut the cord. $60 a month is all we pay now.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine on Saturday. Finally got to play with it, some, last night.

Nize!
Lots easier than it sounds.

For the technophobes...
You have to have an HDMI port on your TV
(You don't need a smart TV. Our TV is almost ten years old - 720P - and it works fine with this. Of course, the quality would be better with better resolution, but that's only the TV's fault.)
You have to have wifi. You will have to log in to your wi-fi router with your password. (You do have your wi-fi secured... Right?)
After that, it's just a couple of clicks with the included remote. It's all menu driven.

I probably haven't found 10% of what this will do, and I'm already impressed.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-14-2016).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Got mine on Saturday. Finally got to play with it, some, last night.

Nize!
Lots easier than it sounds.

For the technophobes...
You have to have an HDMI port on your TV
(You don't need a smart TV. Our TV is almost ten years old - 720P - and it works fine with this. Of course, the quality would be better with better resolution, but that's only the TV's fault.)
You have to have wifi. You will have to log in to your wi-fi router with your password. (You do have your wi-fi secured... Right?)
After that, it's just a couple of clicks with the included remote. It's all menu driven.

I probably haven't found 10% of what this will do, and I'm already impressed.

Glad to see a good review. I just got done watching the walking dead. I'm so over that show. Ready for it to end. Sports are the tricky one. Everyone wants to watch them and I don't like sports so I am never any help. Sports devil, that's all I know. As I've said, everyone who has purchased one won't ever go back.
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm excited to try mine out when I get home next month. Thanks again.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2016 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
....but otherwise we have cut the cord. $60 a month is all we pay now.

I'm probably going to get one of these.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I'm probably going to get one of these.

You'll never regret it bud. I've got a dozen showing up today. Like I said, I gave these as Christmas gifts last year, everyone thought it was a lame gift until I fired them up. Half my family wants to give them a gifts this year.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Ed and Trivet both of your sticks went out today USPS.
I don't have tracking yet, as Jenny just took them.
ED's85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ed and Trivet both of your sticks went out today USPS.
I don't have tracking yet, as Jenny just took them.

Thank you!

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ED's85GT:

Thank you!

I like to get them out as fast as I can. The more people talking about how great they are the more I sell.

Boony I just got 9 more in today. Get your name on one pal.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2016 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hiya! Yeah, still absolutely awesome.

What is already loaded is only the tip of an iceberg. There are many more channels that can be downloaded. My Wife seems to be the expert. She has all the NFL sport downloads. If one is unavailable, there is always another feed.

Well worth it.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boony I just got 9 more in today. Get your name on one pal.

P.M. me the particulars.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

P.M. me the particulars.

YGPM.

Basically it turns your TV into God Mode. Doesn't matter if you have a SmartTV or not. Just need HDMI.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YGPM.

Basically it turns your TV into God Mode. Doesn't matter if you have a SmartTV or not. Just need HDMI.

I know, just need to know how much & where to send it.

P.S. I imagine I need one for every TV I want to have this feature?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 11-14-2016).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know, just need to know how much & where to send it.

P.S. I imagine I need one for every TV I want to have this feature?

Yeah. Unless you want to move it. I've got 4 or 5. Paid for itself after the first month without cable.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darth yours went out yesterday priority. My wife has the tracking number I'll get it to you when I see her.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Replied to your PM 2.5, but for anyone else curious.

YES. Amazon Prime Exclusive content is available/will be available. This particular one does air until the 18th though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9...%20tour%201.jpg?dl=0
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested, but I'm not really up to speed on a lot of this new stuff (actually just got a low end 'smart phone' recently). Does this work kind of like a roku, but way better? So you don't get local channels, but basically everything else? Does it have a delay on it? Say that a Thunder basketball game was on, would it be in real time?
And maybe another dumb question, but is this a one time cost? It's not a monthly subscription or anything?

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Adam (edited 11-18-2016).]

bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

Interested, but I'm not really up to speed on a lot of this new stuff (actually just got a low end 'smart phone' recently). Does this work kind of like a roku, but way better? So you don't get local channels, but basically everything else? Does it have a delay on it? Say that a Thunder basketball game was on, would it be in real time?
And maybe another dumb question, but is this a one time cost? It's not a monthly subscription or anything?

I will answer the best I can, hopefully lsmach will/can fill in anything I miss.

Yes, this would be a Roku on steroids, as for local channels, if your local stations stream and some one online is streaming them you can watch it. Delay is dependant on the stream, LIVE TV feature on mine the delay is nominal, I compared several channels (A&E, cartoon network, AMC, ESPN etc) all were between 5-15 seconds behind the cable side, not enough for me to care. The last UFC fight that was on was about a minute, again not enough for me to care. No monthly cost unless you want to have amazon prime, Netflix, hulu, etc.. Basic answer is, if it is on the internet via streamable you can watch it.

dan
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

I will answer the best I can, hopefully lsmach will/can fill in anything I miss.

Yes, this would be a Roku on steroids, as for local channels, if your local stations stream and some one online is streaming them you can watch it. Delay is dependant on the stream, LIVE TV feature on mine the delay is nominal, I compared several channels (A&E, cartoon network, AMC, ESPN etc) all were between 5-15 seconds behind the cable side, not enough for me to care. The last UFC fight that was on was about a minute, again not enough for me to care. No monthly cost unless you want to have amazon prime, Netflix, hulu, etc.. Basic answer is, if it is on the internet via streamable you can watch it.

dan

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

What part of Oklahoma? You can come over.

Around a 20-30 second delay is what I've experienced with live sports cast. 1 time fee. Tons of paid services if you want, but I get all my stuff free and this will allow it.Yes will do anything Roku or Chromecast can do.

Dan nailed it down pretty good. I will PM my cell.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Hiya! Yeah, still absolutely awesome.

What is already loaded is only the tip of an iceberg. There are many more channels that can be downloaded. My Wife seems to be the expert. She has all the NFL sport downloads. If one is unavailable, there is always another feed.

Well worth it.

Just got mine - still trying to figure it out. Quick shipping and great communication!

Tony, any suggestions on NFL? That's the main reason I got it. I'm a huge Chiefs fan, want to be able to watch them every week.
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:
Just got mine - still trying to figure it out. Quick shipping and great communication!

Tony, any suggestions on NFL? That's the main reason I got it. I'm a huge Chiefs fan, want to be able to watch them every week.

I just asked my old boss. Tony is the guy for NFL his wife Vanessa is a junky. Jenny does food network. There are live streams I've found for Food Network, but it isn't our market, so she just waits for the show to air.

H just text me back

Adthenet I think it's first one on live sports or dims ports

I like pointless shows myself. Nothing I have to follow too closely as I fall asleep easy when TV is on. I use it to shut my brain up.
Specto being my favorite. Exodus 2nd. My friends like SALTS and The Royal We.
For music I just use Pandora. You can also stream anything on your network including photos or mirror your phone or tablet. Computer too, but that really defeats the point of it all.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT

Was really sick most of last week. Darth if you are having issues still call or text me on my cell.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2016 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lonzo... Please check your PMs. Thanks.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Lonzo... Please check your PMs. Thanks.

My wife and I had some kind of miscommunication after my fall. It is for sure in transit, I will try and get tracking and PM or text it to you. I think it will be there tomorrow.

BUMP

Can't get anyone one by Christmas without an NDA. I only have 1 left. If anyone wants to get in an order I will have more just after Christmas. Lame I know. I had a buddy come in and buy about 10 to give as gifts to all his friends.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My wife and I had some kind of miscommunication after my fall. It is for sure in transit, I will try and get tracking and PM or text it to you. I think it will be there tomorrow.

Thanks man!
I hope you're okay, after your fall. Nothing serious or permanent, I hope.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2016 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lonzo... Got my stick today. Thanks!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Lonzo...

Is there a good feed to find the Packers games?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2017 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here is what you got to do...

There is an Amazon fireTV app for your smart phone. Down load it. It isn't that amazing, but it is easier to type in the search category with the addition of a useful keyboard. Nice when firing up a movie or show, but I went back to just the OG remote due to not wanting my phone to stay on. A good app though in general.

Forget all of what I just told you though. This is not my reason for posting. This app has greater forces than what originally was envisioned during download. You see ladies and gentlemen, having the power of remote unbeknownst to one's spouse is a thing of great enjoyment. Whilst she is watching programs detrimental to the testosterone level in the male species, you merely need to pull up said app. A dual control scenario takes place sure, but only one of you has an understanding as to why.

Start off slowly. A little "glitch" here and there. Over the course of several tv sessions, increase the activity of said "glitch". A few "hmm?" moments every once in a while. Good form is to not be in the same room all the time while driving another bat shat crazy. The throne room is a great time. How can it be you if the remote is in their hands? Surely we "Must contact Lonzo!" And "WTF is gong on here?!" The expletives fly. Then, when the timing is right, and she is on her third "system reset", you tell her about the new app for the Firestick.

A note of warning: It is probably better to pull this off in the warmer months.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-10-2017).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2017 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, here is what you got to do...
A note of warning: It is probably better to pull this off in the warmer months.

If memory serves your goose was in the fire for awhile with the wife yet it seems you enjoy burning the edges of your feathers!

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2017 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

If memory serves your goose was in the fire for awhile with the wife yet it seems you enjoy burning the edges of your feathers!

I think that was with Amy? His current wife Vanessa is super nice, at least for the hour or 2 I've spoke with her. That app isn't bad. I've lost a few remotes. Better than buying a new one.
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If momma is not happy, NOBODY is happy. Don't mess with momma.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2017 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for looking out Pokey.

I am happily married. Heck, even Amy has turned out to be an amazing Mom to our Son. I may be money poor, but I am stupid happy.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2017 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for looking out Pokey.

I am happily married. Heck, even Amy has turned out to be an amazing Mom to our Son. I may be money poor, but I am stupid happy.

LOL...Stupid happy may be the best kind of happy!!!
On topic:
How much total shipped to far East bay 94513?
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your still doing these i would like to get one.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top....
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

IMHO, the best way to watch them is in the order they were released which would be: IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII (4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7). The original trilogy is THE story. The second trilogy (1, 2 and 3) are the prequels or back stories. The Force Awakens (VII or 7) is set 30 years AFTER the end of VI (or 6).

Man, I tried to go back and watch all of them - I can't help it, but I really feel that 1,2,3 are completely inconsequential - I *wish* they were better, but it's just... so bad :P

7/force awakens... is it just me, or was the first thing to talk about post-watching something *cool* that happened in the first 5-10 minutes? That was such a OMG THE DARK SIDE IS F(luffing) AWESOME!
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these the same thing that Amazon is selling for $40 with remote?

I mean you can purchase it there, download Kodi and a build (you tube instructions) for free.

What's the difference?

[This message has been edited by RotrexFiero (edited 01-19-2017).]

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, tonight has been interesting. Lost my remote, so decided to download the remote app for my phone. I was trying to remember a pin that I used, then realized it was displayed on the screen. Anyway, opened kodi, and everything is gone! All it shows when I open kodi is basic stuff, like settings, system, etc. I have no idea what happened. I used it just a few days ago before I lost my remote. That wouldn't have anything to do with the original remote would it? Why would everything be gone?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2017 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kodi updated for us the other day. Things are set up differently I found. Still there, just blue background, and a new format.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock