Started on: 01-21-2016 02:40 PM
Replies: 176 (3296 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-14-2017 10:00 AM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All PMs returned. Everyone can expect theirs to go out tomorrow UPS. Will update anyone who hasn't received a tracking number.
IP: Logged
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All purchases have shipped and tracing numbers PMed.
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today...

Now with walking the wife through this over the phone...

Brad
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still a little confused on what this is I think or maybe I get it but just making sure.

It's a little stick that plugs into hdmi port in tv and runs on wifi. Uses amazon fire software sort of? With extra software on it? Free to stream anything and has up to date current shows on it. You can use amazon fire remotes with it?

So is that about right or am I way off?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

you get what you pay for

Sometimes even more.

Received ours this morning. Fired it up just before dinner. Much more than was offered in our opinion. Thanks!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

Originally posted by Riddick85:

I'm still a little confused on what this is I think or maybe I get it but just making sure.

It's a little stick that plugs into hdmi port in tv and runs on wifi. Uses amazon fire software sort of? With extra software on it? Free to stream anything and has up to date current shows on it. You can use amazon fire remotes with it?

So is that about right or am I way off?

You are on target.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-28-2016).]

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
recieved, will try it out this evening hopefully

dan
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All hooked up, movies work great, still trying to figure out how to stream the live tv. Says loading pvr and never does, then get an error when trying to pick the stream feed form the guide. any suggestions. Very happy with it so far.

dan
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have comcast wifi and a smart tv with hdmi ports. Would I have to subscribe to Amazon to use this?
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no, you can if you want but it is not neccessary

dan
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

All hooked up, movies work great, still trying to figure out how to stream the live tv. Says loading pvr and never does, then get an error when trying to pick the stream feed form the guide. any suggestions. Very happy with it so far.

dan

That's the problem I now have with cutting the cord. Due to terrain blockage, I can receive only one network station and one PBS station reliably OTA. Network station streams are locked down and solutions like USA-TV through a VPN are clunky at best.

If you can receive local stations a small antenna should work for OTA.
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

That's the problem I now have with cutting the cord. Due to terrain blockage, I can receive only one network station and one PBS station reliably OTA. Network station streams are locked down and solutions like USA-TV through a VPN are clunky at best.

If you can receive local stations a small antenna should work for OTA.

Yep, we get a grand total of 0 OTA stations at home.

Yay Digital...

Brad
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan you got PM. Dratts no Amazon required. I do have it, but only for the free 2 day shipping. Amazon video is good and all, but not needed. Tony glad you are happy. Brad hope you got it working and all is good to go.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As an update to anyone that has got one of these. There is a Genesis fork (updated build that isn't the original author) I can give you a link to the zip, but it requires SMB support. It makes HD streaming a bit smoother on slower connections. It is still in beta, so on future units I am only installing it, but not making it a menu option. Not sure if it is going to get continued support and such and don't want to get hooked on something that dies.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've yet to even see the device. The Wife loves it though. I'll be home in another month, then I can finally play with it... And the Fire Stick.

Brad
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

I've yet to even see the device. The Wife loves it though. I'll be home in another month, then I can finally play with it... And the Fire Stick.

Brad

Glad to here it Brad. There is a Genesis mod that is making HD streaming much smoother. Have to have SMB support to install the zip file as the repository has been down for over a week. We love ours. Everyone hears I am watching something and wonders how such wizardry exist. Seriously the best money I've spent. Probably cutting my cable off soon as a result. That'll be like $100/month savings. Gotta build an attic antenna first though...and get the kid one for her room.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got home where I can play with this thing and it is awesome.

There is a learning curve, but it's not bad.

Is there a way to get it to operate on Motel Wifi? You know, where you have to open a browser to get online. If so I may want one for over the road.

Brad
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally got home where I can play with this thing and it is awesome.

There is a learning curve, but it's not bad.

Is there a way to get it to operate on Motel Wifi? You know, where you have to open a browser to get online. If so I may want one for over the road.

Brad

You need a bridge router. I have one for my Chromecast called the Hootoo Tripmate Nano. Was only $15 on Amazon.

Here's a quick vid on how it works:

Cliff's notes if you can't watch the video. The HooToo will use the browser of the first device connected to it to get to the Hotel Wireless's logon screen. You connect the HooToo to the Hotel wireless. The HooToo takes that wireless and rebroadcasts as its own little hotspot. Then connect the Firestick and your phone to the HooToo's hotspot and there ya' go.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 03-15-2016).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

Ordering that now. It'll make my life much better.

Brad
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks.

Ordering that now. It'll make my life much better.

Brad

Its also very useful if you ever stay at hotels that have a limit to the number of free devices you can connect to their wifi (stayed at a hotel where it was 2 devices for free, more at... I don't even remember, but it was more $$ at any rate. Between my phones, laptop and my Chromecast, I have 4). This way you connect the HooToo to their wireless and all other devices to the HooToo and as far as the Hotel is concerned you've only connected 1 device.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Its also very useful if you ever stay at hotels that have a limit to the number of free devices you can connect to their wifi (stayed at a hotel where it was 2 devices for free, more at... I don't even remember, but it was more $$ at any rate. Between my phones, laptop and my Chromecast, I have 4). This way you connect the HooToo to their wireless and all other devices to the HooToo and as far as the Hotel is concerned you've only connected 1 device.

It's very similar to what I used the DD-WRT router for, but it's too much hassle to carry all of that in and out of the truck all the time.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump this to the top. I know I've had a few people who have been pushed out updates. I've had some unexpected medical things come up. Anyone who has PMed me, expect a PM later today or after my CT scan tomorrow. I will get everyone who this affected fixed up.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent but no answer to date. Are you still around and selling these Fire Sticks?

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 04-21-2016).]

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent couple weeks ago

dan
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent a couple days ago. You ok?
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard from ls3mach lately?

He hasn't answered my PM's either.

Hope everything is ok.

Brad
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs returned. Sorry for the delay everyone. Thank you for the concern. Anyone who may be having an issue, I sent a solution, will gladly fix anyone's who isn't functioning properly. Amazon put out some stuff to stop the "HOME" key double click from working. I just pop it up in my "RECENT" on the home menu and it loads from there.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has anyone heard from ls3mach lately?

He hasn't answered my PM's either.

Hope everything is ok.

Brad

Brad did we ever get you resolved. Give me a call. I can walk you through the newest update takes about 10 minutes.

To anyone else interested. I've sold a few dozen, was actually banned from buying them for a bit. I am sure at least Tony can attest this newest update is the cat's pajamas. I sent my 80 year old grandmother one and she can even work and she is about like Steve as far as computer stuff goes.

Anyway. I have 2 or 3 left ready to go, been selling a ton locally. $70 shipped USPS priority. Auto updates and as Tony knows I don't mind including my phone number and helping people if they have any questions. Him and his wife are quite the pleasure to talk to, even if he is a jerk on here (j/k) bud.

Here is a pretty decent video of the UI you'll end up with.

I don't want to misrepresent like I am doing something that a good number of you couldn't pull off, but the learning curve kind of sucked and this is a chance to not have to learn my mistakes and it helps a Fiero guy who got shot out. Yeah, sympathy card, plus I know my crap and this won't show up bricked and will auto update and be ready out of the box.

Thanks boys. PM me if you want my number to talk and me to better describe.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2016 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm confused at what it does.. p.m. me if you don't want to explain it here..
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I'm confused at what it does.. p.m. me if you don't want to explain it here..

Nah, I'll explain it here. It is a firestick with a modded operating system. It retains all firestick capabilities. It turns any HDMI monitor/TV into a smart TV. The modified OS takes it even further. With just the firestick you can watch youtubue, prime, netflix, hulu, pandara, hbogo and TONS of other paid/free services. The additional OS makes all the content of those services free. It isn't illegal, but it certainly would be considered a gray area by many. The content is out there to stream for anyone in the world already, but this makes it confined to a nice tidy searching device. If you subscribe to Netflix and have used it, you can work this. It just has ALL the content in the world. Even live TV, albeit some of it out of your time zone. For live things that aren't time sensitive (sports events ESPECIALLY PayPerView) I wait an hour and it is streaming for everyone without any hassle. PayPerView events I don't watch, but all my friends do. It varies what sport you want, mostly they want the UFC. If you've ever used Reddit you know someone is streaming it for everyone in the world to watch it free on their PC. This allows you to do that too, Same with ESPN and the like The UK blokes are WILD into this. They have BBC sporting event in HD on this thing. I didn't know they got this into the crap and I've seen drunken Americans at NFL/NCAA games. I can tell you where the sports/live stuff is, but I don't mess with it, so I can't tech support you on it really. I just put ESPN on a couple of my TVS for buddies when they come over to play pool and drink beer. Then I through music on through my sound system. I have a bunch of them in my house and from my pool table you can see 3 or 5 TVs depending on where you are standing. Typically someone is playing Golden Tee so that cuts one screen out. Anyway, wife loves it, kid loves it (though she only uses it for Youtube).

That sounded like a huge sales pitch, I'm not gonna lie I make around $20-25 for doing them and they take about 30 minutes to an hour each, but someone with some tech savvy and time CAN for sure do them and wouldn't need me. I've been at it over a year, so I have had the trails and tribulations of the best builds and know a few tricks and such. I'm by no means getting rich here. Plus you get my number for help and I don't mind throwing down a message when I find something that is MUCH better, which happens from time to time.

Now if I could just find a way to charge family, they think my time is free for their friends who I've never met. Look I know my aunt doesn't have 10 TVs in her 900sqft home (I have a key). I hardly have that many including my 2 quad screen computer rigs.

PM me if you want my number and to text or talk and get more specific.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2016 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, basically it is a small package with a GIANT heart. 😃 The amount of content cannot be explained. You really do get all that is advertised, and much, much more.

Enjoy...
PFF
System Bot
phreakboy4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you still selling these? If so, how much?
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2016 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

Apparently they are only shipping the more expensive VOICE ones now. Same price as before, but basically a $10 upgrade. I haven't had mine long enough to tell you if there is any benefit, I just know it was the more advanced model previously.

EDIT 11/10/16
Out of the Alexa version (voice) if you get one it is just an added bonus for you, but expect it to be the standard as a general rule. Will send Alexa version if that is what I have though. Just don't want to mislead anyone. Personally, I think the voice is a joke. Doesn't interact with the software mods I am doing anyway so a moot point.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 11-10-2016).]

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

BUMP

Apparently they are only shipping the more expensive VOICE ones now. Same price as before, but basically a $10 upgrade. I haven't had mine long enough to tell you if there is any benefit, I just know it was the more advanced model previously.

Did a build on the new stick Thursday, new stick is lightning fast compared to previous version. LSmach, what build are you using now (the one I got from you was Schism I believe). I have been using firetv.

dan
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

Did a build on the new stick Thursday, new stick is lightning fast compared to previous version. LSmach, what build are you using now (the one I got from you was Schism I believe). I have been using firetv.

dan

Pulse CCM. It is the Pajamas. Schism I don't think is supported anymore? I don't know I found pulse and it was game over. If you want it

Settings>Applications>Manage>Kodi>Clear Cache and the other one. This will put you on vanilla.
Inside Kodi
System>File Manager>Add>http://areswizard.co.uk. Name it ARES
System>Addons>Install from Zip>Ares>Ares Wizard
Programs>Program Addons>Ares Wizard
Builds>Pulse
Get the PIN
Choose Pulse CCM, you won't need a fresh as you already cleared app data and cache. I don't back up the skin. Let it run. Hit OK. It won't close. Hit home. Force close Kodi. Launch Kodi.
Send me money for changing your life.

You can give me a call if you have any problems or questions. Those steps are from memory. I did about 10 today so damn close to exact.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one. Don't have the slightest idea what I'm doing, but I want one.
Please shoot me payment info, and etc.

Thanks!
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2016 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too want one. Send me payment info?
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs sent.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm positive I still don't know what this thing does, but i am just getting swept right up in the excitement. Swept. Right. Up.

------------------

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2016 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I'm positive I still don't know what this thing does, but i am just getting swept right up in the excitement. Swept. Right. Up.

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying yours Tony. Hell, I don't even know their full potential. I just watch TV shows and movies. Pandora it on the big stereo. YouTube is good if that is your thing. It's what our kid prefers and has it running as soon as she gets home from school.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock