Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Anybody here done any study on WWII and war crimes trials/claims?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anybody here done any study on WWII and war crimes trials/claims? by mental floss
Started on: 11-18-2015 08:56 PM
Replies: 20 (376 views)
Last post by: Marvin McInnis on 11-19-2015 06:58 PM
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize there are two people here who like to lash out by calling people names, but try to control yourselves for a bit. So I'm curious about some of what my classes were told in school about this episode, but what are the popularly understood specifics of the major points of how the Germans treated the people deemed 'undesirable' in WWII? As an adult I've been doing a little casual reading for the past few years about some of the claims against Germany in WWII and discovered that there are plenty of claims that scholars, even those employed by and living in Israel, are still working on revising issues?

A specific item would be the lessons told in grade school about human lampshades and human soap that have been proven to be Allied counter-intelligence creations. Is this actually true? I never knew it was proven a fabrication in school if so. Not long ago I discovered that an Israeli employed official made an announcement back in the 1990s that the stated numbers of dead are no longer considered even possible by the state of Israel. Found that that was actually a fact, but earlier this year I discovered that there were executions as a result of trials but at least one person was absolved of wrong doing, but then no apology was allowed to be given for executing him.

So just what are the major claims that are taught today? Was everyone told about human lamp shades and soap? Regarding the revisions being made, is this a result of science catching up to claims, records being declassified in the West or the Soviet Union Ally being dissolved and opening their closed records?

I'd like to know your thoughts on the topic, not the names you call people for asking. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lamp shades?
I'm 58, and that's the first time I've ever heard that.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you asking what's being taught in schools and colleges about the holocaust? That may vary depending on the institution doing the teaching and you'd need to talk to people who've participated in holocaust classes recently. I'm sure some teach that it was all fiction and never happened. There has been a resurgence of antisemitism in recent years, and yes I've been around long enough to see the shift in attitudes. Someone in college today may not know it because they've grown up with the growing antisemitism.

If you want to know about the holocaust itself there are still living survivors.

Currently reported figures are about 11 million deaths, 6 million of which were Jews, in the period of 1933-1945. Killing 1 Million people a year isn't a number that is beyond belief. I'd be interested in your source for the Israeli employed official who said it wasn't considered possible.

There were lots of records seized when the various camps were liberated but even those camps weren't the total numbers. That's just the bare minimum starting point.

I don't recall ever hearing about human lamp shades and soap, but it's long been reported that prisoners were used for experiments.

If you challenge something enough and tell people it didn't happen, people will start to believe it. There are otherwise intelligent people who claim the moon landings were faked and that happened more recently than the holocaust. It's no surprise that some would believe attempts to cast doubt that the holocaust ever happened.

Originally posted by mental floss:

I realize there are two people here who like to lash out by calling people names, but try to control yourselves for a bit

You must be one of the the two because I read your name calling in other threads as well. It works both ways.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 11-18-2015).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lamp shades?
I'm 58, and that's the first time I've ever heard that.

I'm older than that Raydar, but like you, have never heard of the lamp shade thing outside a few internet boards in general discussion, but certainly didn't hear it in school or read it in any textbooks.

I spoke to and listened to many WW2 veterans when I was a lot younger, and the war was still very fresh in their minds and I never heard any of them or their civilian counterparts speak of this subject.

Fierochic88 has done extensive study regarding the holocaust and other Nazi atrocities, has worked on a documentary, traveled to Poland and Israel in her studies and research, so perhaps she will pop in and comment.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/097476.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-18-2015).]

FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember seeing the tattooed skin lampshades. I do not remember if they taught it in school or not because I tend to self study anything that I find interesting. I had learned from a WW2 veteran that his group was chasing German technology for the US and the captured new land. After he had seen one of the concentration camps, he did not mind shooting a German any more. It sickened him and said it left a mark on his soul. That was in the late 70s.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard the story many times and assumed it to be true.
Holocaust deniers now dispute that this ever occurred.

No physical evidence of this has been found, AFAIK.
But it seems to be a reasonable claim to me.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have heard of the lamp shade but I believe it was a part of a documentary, not in school.
http://tvblogs.nationalgeog...a-holocaust-mystery/
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come to Canada and you will hear it all...lampshades, soap, fertilizer, sci-fi level medical experiments and don't DARE question or research, much less open your mouth to challenge anything regarding it (well, unless you like prison) just accept what you are told and hand over money and more money. It's a regular relegion here and anybody who refuses to fall in place, bow and worship (and hand over money) can be treated anywhere from ostrizisaton to jail/deportation to a regular Spanish Inquisition just like the heratics they are.

Google Earnst Zundel. They WILL get the heritics no matter how long it takes or what they have to do. Ahhhhhh, the joys of a thought and speech controlled liberal society.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-19-2015).]

mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There us video of claimed experiments the US officials parading Germans from a nearby town to a camp. In the tour is a table with claimed experiments. Also in Russian displays there was soap.

The article regarding the Israeli official I found was when I discovered that the Auschwitz plaque had been changed from over 4 and a half million to 1.5 million. The explanation was that our Soviet ally had created the number when they built the gas chamber mock at Auschwitz and the number was lowered when Israel made their statement I mentiined.

I understand this conversation is illegal in most of Europe.
Firmula88, I will eventually retaliate to instigators with theur own tactics. You won't see me start such.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 11-19-2015).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like everything else on the net take it with a grain of salt the size of my suburban, I never heard anything about this in school and I am between Radar and Don age wise.

I Don't like using Wikipedia but did find this,

Lampshades made from human skin

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nazi era[edit]

After the defeat of Nazi Germany, claims were circulated that Ilse Koch, the wife of the commandant of Buchenwald concentration camp, had possessed lampshades made of human skin, and that she had had tattooed prisoners killed in order to use their skin for this purpose.[2] After her conviction for war crimes, General Lucius D. Clay, the interim military governor of the American Zone in Germany, reduced her sentence to four years' prison on the grounds "there was no convincing evidence that she had selected Nazi concentration camp inmates for extermination in order to secure tattooed skins, or that she possessed any articles made of human skin".[3]

Jean Edward Smith in his biography, Lucius D. Clay, an American Life, reported the general maintained that the leather lamp shades were really made out of goat skin. The book quotes a statement made by General Clay years later:
There was absolutely no evidence in the trial transcript, other than she was a rather loathsome creature, that would support the death sentence. I suppose I received more abuse for that than for anything else I did in Germany. Some reporter had called her the "***** of Buchenwald", had written that she had lamp shades made of human skin in her house. And that was introduced in court, where it was absolutely proven that the lamp shades were made out of goat skin.[4]
The charges were made once more when she was rearrested, but again were found to be groundless.[3]

Ed Gein[edit]

Ed Gein was a killer, active in the 1950s, who made trophies of his kills. When he was finally arrested, a search of the premises revealed, among other disturbing artifacts, a lampshade made out of human skin.[5] Gein appears to have been influenced by the then-current stories about the Nazis collecting body parts in order to make lampshades and other items.[6]

In the media[edit]

In 1995, August Kreis III was kicked off the set of The Jerry Springer Show after telling the host "Your relatives — weren't they all turned into soap or lampshades?... I've got your mom in the trunk of my car".[7]

A human lampshade appears in the 2007 film A Kitten for Hitler, which was made by Ken Russell as a deliberate exercise in extreme bad taste.[8] In the film, an American Jewish boy, who has a swastika-shaped birthmark, tries to soften Hitler's heart by giving him a kitten, but when Hitler sees the birthmark he has Eva Braun kill the boy to make him into a table lamp for their bedside. The swastika later miraculously transforms into a star of David.

In 2010 author Mark Jacobson published The Lampshade: A Holocaust Detective Story from Buchenwald to New Orleans. In it he described how after Hurricane Katrina he uncovered a lamp which he believed to be made of human skin, and which may have come from a Nazi concentration camp. Initial DNA testing appeared to show that the lamp Jacobson found was in fact made of human skin,[9] but later more sophisticated testing showed that it was in fact cow skin.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi..._human_skin#Nazi_era

Can't find anything on Snopes about it, not that that husband and wife team are any better.

So what should we call you, WD88, Shaun, Stimpy, or just ass hole?

Steve
------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-19-2015).]

mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hadn't seen the Wiki posting about this but thanks for posting it. I read about charges that she would pick out specific tattoo numbers, have the detainee killed, skin harvested and decorations made to display the tattoo.

Btw, I haven't searched any other camp roles, because they didn't seem to be easily found, except Daucau. There are many of my family's surnames on the Daucua roles. Most all deceased within months.
This will be less embarrassing for most trolls if they stop trying to display their ignorance and brainwashed status to the rest of us. Eta: Don't give kfcu who some other poster is, in other words.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 11-19-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hadn't seen the Wiki posting about this but thanks for posting it. I read about charges that she would pick out specific tattoo numbers, have the detainee killed, skin harvested and decorations made to display the tattoo.

Btw, I haven't searched any other camp roles, because they didn't seem to be easily found, except Daucau. There are many of my family's surnames on the Daucua roles. Most all deceased within months. This will less embarrassing for most trolls if they stop trying to display their ignorance and brainwashed status to the rest of us.

I'm basking in the glow of your intellect.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This will be less embarrassing for most trolls if they stop trying to display their ignorance and brainwashed status to the rest of us. Eta: Don't give kfcu who some other poster is, in other words.

Then stop posting Troll !

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-19-2015).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Firmula88, I will eventually retaliate to instigators with theur own tactics. You won't see me start such.

WHAT?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Lampshades, no lampshades, is it just morbid curiosity? For what they did do, there wasnt enough justice or punishment possible administered.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.5, you saw the other posters saying they saw the same. That's the chit they had us learning in grade school. We believed it. Scars a child's mund. Wheb you later learn it was faked, you start asking"what else". Then looking at sites in Europe I discovered people go to prison for as that questiin.question. It's not PC and punishable by prison.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.scrapbookpages.c...wald/Atrocities.html
http://www.theblaze.com/sto...h-holocaust-victims/

Be mindful that there are plenty of revisionist now that are trying to convince the world that the holocaust and any of the atrocities commited didn't happen at all.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 11-19-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2.5, you saw the other posters saying they saw the same. That's the chit they had us learning in grade school. We believed it. Scars a child's mund. Wheb you later learn it was faked, you start asking"what else". Then looking at sites in Europe I discovered people go to prison for as that questiin.question. It's not PC and punishable by prison.

Where in Europe will you go to prison for asking if Nazis really made lamp shades? I dont like censorship and am glad I live in the US.
But I dont need lamp shades made of the skin of the people they butchered to know how messed up it was. What they did do, what there is video of, should scar peoples minds enough.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I realize there are two people here who like to lash out by calling people names, but try to control yourselves for a bit. So I'm curious about some of what my classes were told in school about this episode, but what are the popularly understood specifics of the major points of how the Germans treated the people deemed 'undesirable' in WWII? As an adult I've been doing a little casual reading for the past few years about some of the claims against Germany in WWII and discovered that there are plenty of claims that scholars, even those employed by and living in Israel, are still working on revising issues?

A specific item would be the lessons told in grade school about human lampshades and human soap that have been proven to be Allied counter-intelligence creations. Is this actually true? I never knew it was proven a fabrication in school if so. Not long ago I discovered that an Israeli employed official made an announcement back in the 1990s that the stated numbers of dead are no longer considered even possible by the state of Israel. Found that that was actually a fact, but earlier this year I discovered that there were executions as a result of trials but at least one person was absolved of wrong doing, but then no apology was allowed to be given for executing him.

So just what are the major claims that are taught today? Was everyone told about human lamp shades and soap? Regarding the revisions being made, is this a result of science catching up to claims, records being declassified in the West or the Soviet Union Ally being dissolved and opening their closed records?

I'd like to know your thoughts on the topic, not the names you call people for asking. Thanks.

war crimes, really.
war is hell.
the reason we have on going wars today is because of this crap..
"the softer side of war" sorry, no flucking thing.
you if you go to war have to be 100% in, nothing is off limits..
not you
not the leaders
not your people..

What hitler did was crimes against humanity,, not war crimes..
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by 2.5:

Where in Europe will you go to prison for asking if Nazis really made lamp shades? I dont like censorship and am glad I live in the US.
But I dont need lamp shades made of the skin of the people they butchered to know how messed up it was. What they did do, what there is video of, should scar peoples minds enough.

yup...

but you see, those from WWII are passing on, making it easy for many to claim ,it didn't happen.
and this bothers me,, as the way liberals have rewritten history text books, and facts in movies, and in programs on channels like the "history channel"

if they keep rewriting it, we are doomed to repeat it..
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen and touched a book bound in human skin, but it has nothing to do with the holocaust. It was done with the permission of the donor ... a medical bequest made prior to his death.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-19-2015).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock