Would you vacation in Paris right now? by 2.5
Started on: 11-18-2015 01:05 PM
Replies: 21 (300 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-30-2015 12:20 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know someone who has a planned trip to Paris for the middle of next week, they've never been there, they already paid for much of it. It woudl be Tourist stuff on the main drag. Their family is telling them they think its too risky and saying they are concerned for their life. But this person is wanting to go and doesnt necessarily want the terrorists to affect their plans, and also reasons that it just happened and security is high, so this seems like a better time than before or possibly even later. They are asking me what I think.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't buy travel insurance? Well, depends on how much will be lost, if they don't go. For the most part, they should be safe. What if they went a week ago.... hmmm
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It isn't likely to happen again in the immediate future. Now would probably be the safest time to go!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know someone who is there now. If your friend already paid for it, they should go.

*** the terrorists.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How tough are they? I would go but, I would not any of my family to go so, no. I might have some deeply ingrained deathwish so, what I personally would do is not a good measurement stick.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
What if they went a week ago.... hmmm

Exactly the point of their reasoning on timing...
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would immagine this would be a good time to to from a seeing the sites perspectie, as I would expect others to be affraid and the lines at the sites to be shorter than usual. Additionally I would immagine that most of the citizens would be friendly/united now to Western tourists.

I would look at it this way, the odds are the person goes and thers it no issue. I would say that the odds woudl be higher for ther person to be run over buy a bus in Paris than be in a terrorist attack. Addtionally I would also say that they odds would be higher if they stayed at home they would be hit by a bus than being caught in a terririst attack.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
They are asking me what I think.

Wait a min. you think? This is news to me !

Me I wouldn't go, but then I have never even wanted to go there.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure.
I wouldn't fly because I don't want to go through the hassle we have at airports these days. But if getting there wasn't the issue, I'd be less likely to travel in France due to their restrictive gun laws. I'd probably still go, though. The threat of terrorism isn't a deterrent.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Wait a min. you think? This is news to me !

Me I wouldn't go, but then I have never even wanted to go there.

Steve

Well, I did ask you guys

heh
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is probably the safest time ever. Police are everywhere looking for bad guys. Just stay in the tourist areas.

Things I learned from my travels to Paris. If you can convey a little advice from me.... When first meeting someone, even the lowly McDonalds counter person, always say good day/morning/evening in French. Then try to ask for whatever you are asking for in French. They will then answer you in English. If you try to speak English first without so much as a hint of French they will immediately act like they cannot understand you.

Parisians are known as some of the most rude people in this world. What people do not understand is that they think WE are the most rude people because we do not use greetings or try to speak French while in France. So they act rude in return. Simply by giving a formal greeting and trying to speak French your friend will get treated very well. So easy.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Well, I did ask you guys

heh

Your second mistake.

Steve
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could afford to travel, I really want to visit Israel. So the threat of terrorism doesn't bother me.
The only other place I seriously want to see is Ireland, but there are too many places in USA I still haven't seen yet, and those are higher on my list.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

If I could afford to travel, I really want to visit Israel. So the threat of terrorism doesn't bother me.
The only other place I seriously want to see is Ireland, but there are too many places in USA I still haven't seen yet, and those are higher on my list.

This
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had no interest whatsoever to visit France before the attacks. I now have no more and no less interest in visiting France because of the attacks, but if I did have the urge to go eat some snails in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, I would not be deterred by radicals with guns and explosives.
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the Soros types pushing the Muslim invasion on Europe, if a person doesn't go meow, it might be too late to see what one of the oldest, most culturally significant and important countries (historically, anyway) is like. France is one of the oldest nations and how many other nations did the North American nations form out of in part? It might be fairly meaningless to us now, but they should go.

900 to 2200 Americans are murdered by illegal aliens every year. That's nearly (or just over) a 9-11-01 terror attack every other year or so.
Odds of being killed in a terror attack? So rare, that it won't happen.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 11-18-2015).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:
900 to 2200 Americans are murdered by illegal aliens every year. That's nearly (or just over) a 9-11-01 terror attack every other year or so.
Odds of being killed in a terror attack? So rare, that it won't happen.

You mean by members of the standing army, invasion force, of South Americans? Yea, I have been concerned about that for years. Many come here as refugees from the terrible places they come from and live on our government benefits, never learning the language, and hanging on to their old culture.

So, there is this thing of religion.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last time in Paris was a little strange,
Had time to myself,
Headed out to see the city sights.
Met a little thing on the Champs-Elysees,
Stole my heart away,
You know I never could pronounce her name.
She didn't mind at all.
We were sitting there,
Seemed like hours
Pass the day away,
Till they said we had to pay,
Or do the dishes or something,
I don't know.
Living at the plaza Athenee,
Got to rest for the show.
Man at the front desk knew my face.
Said he had a room with a view for two.
But he forgot to say,
Renovation next door starts today.
Can't find another room.
All day long they banged,
14 hours.
Show time on my mind,
And wringing somebody's throat,

Last time in Paris
Last time in Paris
Last time in Paris was strange
Last time in Paris
Last time in Paris

Overslept, missed the bus to the show
Had to find my own ride.
Took the metro out to Avingnon.
Man at the backstage, didn't know my name.
Said hey, I'm with the band!
You and everyone today.
What is this guy new?
15 minutes fly,
Someone sees me.
Inside let me go
Hey Geoff, we need photos
Before the show!

Last time in Paris
Last time in Paris
Last time in Paris
Last time in Paris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They fly out to Paris today.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck to them. It's a very dangerous place and I wouldn't go there for all the $$ in the world.
(I'm talking about Paris Texas--my mother in law lives there)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-25-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Good luck to them. It's a very dangerous place and I wouldn't go there for all the $$ in the world.
(I'm talking about Paris Texas--my mother in law lives there)

Two Secret Santa head bobbers bobbing at different times, its crazy!
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2015 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

They are back on American soil. The Paris trip went amazingly well, no crazy airport detainings, nothing scary, and BONUS... no lines for any museums or landmarks while there.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock