Started on: 11-17-2015 06:54 PM
Replies: 37 (552 views)
Last post by: Formula88 on 11-22-2015 08:09 PM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.washingtontimes....op-issue-final-year/

President Obama hopes to make gun control the top issue of his final year in office, saying Americans aren’t more violent than other people but they “have more deadly weapons to act out their rage.”

In an interview published Tuesday in GQ magazine, Mr. Obama said easy access to guns is “the only variable” between the U.S. and other developed countries.

“The main thing that I’ve been trying to communicate over the last several of these horrific episodes is that, contrary to popular belief, Americans are not more violent than people in other developed countries,” Mr. Obama said. “But they have more deadly weapons to act out their rage.”

Asked by interviewer Bill Simmons of HBO if gun control will be the “dominant” issue on his agenda next year, Mr. Obama replied, “I hope so.”

“We have this weird habit in this culture of mourning and, you know, 48, 72 hours of wall-to-wall coverage, and then … suddenly we move on,” Mr. Obama said. “And I will do everything I can to make sure that there’s a sustained attention paid to this thing.”
“We knew it was a stretch, just because of the politics of Congress and the NRA. But we had to try,” Mr. Obama said. “In the absence of a movement politically in which people say, ‘Enough is enough,’ we’re going to continue to see, unfortunately, these tragedies take place.”

The interview was conducted in the White House, apparently sometime in October. Mr. Obama said in his seventh year in office, he feels “looser” and more confident.

“There’s no doubt that the longer I’m in this job, the more confident I am about the decisions I’m making and more knowledgeable about the responses I can expect,” he said. “And as a consequence, you end up being looser. There’s not much I have not seen at this point, and I know what to expect, and I can anticipate more than I did before.”

He said when he leaves office, he doesn’t want an appointment to the Supreme Court, but would be interested in becoming part owner of an NBA team or the league commissioner.

In other words, yes he wants to take your guns away and he wants to be a Supreme Court Justice after leaving office. If either Hillary or Bernie get elected, there's a good chance that would happen.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Won't happen...yet anyway. Too many pissed off people know what that goof is up to and going on...and what is possibly coming economically.
People mostly know he's the emptiest of suits, making it up behind fake confidence.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, he plans on keeping sorrow in the fore front to further an agenda? Enough of this 48 - 72 hour mourning, he plans on keeping Kleenex in business. Time to move stocks.

*I ain't got no stocks.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No gun stocks?
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Capital idea!

Let all the nutjobs into the country that want to kill us, then take away our guns.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

So, he plans on keeping sorrow in the fore front to further an agenda? Enough of this 48 - 72 hour mourning, he plans on keeping Kleenex in business. Time to move stocks.

*I ain't got no stocks.

I'm more worried about this statement.

Mr. Obama said. “And I will do everything I can to make sure that there’s a sustained attention paid to this thing.”

Everything he can? The IRS putting pressure on right wing supporters... The south of the border weapons... I wonder what "everything he can" includes?
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Imagine that.
A liberal against guns.
Hard to imagine anything other than this.
Never mind the FACT that guns don't even kill people, people CHOOSE to kill other people.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
never let a crisis go to waste
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:

Won't happen...yet anyway. Too many pissed off people know what that goof is up to and going on...and what is possibly coming economically.
People mostly know he's the emptiest of suits, making it up behind fake confidence.

You mean it won't happen legally.
That has nothing to do with his pen and phone, not to mention administrative pressure that destroys gun related businesses like Operation Choke Point. Make no mistake, he may not be able to get anti-gun legislation passed ... today ... but that isn't stopping him from doing stuff behind the scenes that still hurts the industry and individuals. The biggest losers lately have been the small gun shop owners.

He demonstrates continuously he has no problem going around the Constitution when it gets in his way.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You mean it won't happen legally.
That has nothing to do with his pen and phone, not to mention administrative pressure that destroys gun related businesses like Operation Choke Point. Make no mistake, he may not be able to get anti-gun legislation passed ... today ... but that isn't stopping him from doing stuff behind the scenes that still hurts the industry and individuals. The biggest losers lately have been the small gun shop owners.

He demonstrates continuously he has no problem going around the Constitution when it gets in his way.

Every cycle the press wants to make the lame duck President the focal point of those against their type of agenda, as if he's the root of all our problems. It's a distraction they always use.

I didn't say we don't need to stay vigilant. Yeah, I already considered the pen. The grabbers thought Sandy Hook would be our Port Aurthur Massacre, but the NRA was never more powerful in my memory than in response to their grabbing attempts. There were and are too many Democrats who wouldn't sign on and won't again. They want to stay in office. Our government has been doing illegal things to masses of Americans especially since the 1860s. Obama isn't the long term problem. The gun grabbers who will continue to be the problem after he's gone are named: Bloomberg, Feinsein, Boxer, Waxman, Rangel, Wasserman-Shultz, Soros.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good to know we have a honest President.....

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 11-18-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to put a bumper sticker on my car that says: I'M VOTING FOR THE LIAR
Nobody will be able to narrow it down to know who it would be..
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Imagine that.
A liberal against guns.
Hard to imagine anything other than this.
Never mind the FACT that guns don't even kill people, people CHOOSE to kill other people.

a leader, leads by example..
maybe he should dis arm the secret service men and women guarding his family and his back sides.. and see how that goes..
funny those that want to ban guns are the ones with an army of people with guns covering their @$$e$..

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

he wants to be a Supreme Court Justice after leaving office.

Of course he does, he is acting supreme already.

article: "“Supreme Court justices, obviously, are hugely important,” Mr. Obama said. “I don’t have the temperament to sit in relative solitude and just opine and write from the bench. I want to be in the action a little bit more.”

Its interesting to me, does he think judges "writing from the bench" is normal or a good thing? Or is he referring to legislature?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-18-2015).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would be good for Obuma getting a court seating would be its for life, he dont get voted in and he still has quite a bit to do with running everyones life as HE sees fit.

I think it would be a TERRIBLE idea. I think he should go back to Chicago and organize neighborhood watches again.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say the prez should go for it full tilt.

Hell, on this issue even half of Democrats don't agree with him.

It's a loser right out of the gate and that's the end of his "legacy".

Well that and dragging the entire Democrat party into the dumpster.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Obama wants to end his presidency with a bang. Unfortunately for him, that bang will be the (proverbial) sound of birdshot being fired at the lame duck.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He makes this announcement on the world stage, to send a message that if he gets the support he wants, the UN will face a less dangerous US population.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He wants to make it easier for terrorists to enter the country and disarm the American population.
ISIS couldn't have a better ally.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

He makes this announcement on the world stage, to send a message that if he gets the support he wants, the UN will face a less dangerous US population.

Agreed, and then maybe the "powers that be" can arrange it.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait.

The same folks who say it would be impossible to round up 15 million illegal immigrants think it would be possible to round up 300 million guns from 100 million gun owners?

Heh.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cash for guns, taxing bullets, holding sellers responsible for what happens, lawsuits, fines, turning in your neighbor, propaganda etc.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Wait.

The same folks who say it would be impossible to round up 15 million illegal immigrants think it would be possible to round up 300 million guns from 100 million gun owners?

Heh.

Well, now you know where their priorities are. Protect the illegal immigrants, but go after the law abiding citizens.
The administration works harder to punish law abiding American citizens than outlaws and terrorists.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'88,

It was a rhetorical question.

My point was more about an obtuse president who thinks he can actually succeed with this.

Think Obamacare was a face plant?

It ain't healthcare he's messin' with now, it's the folks armament.

Personally, I can't wait to see him try it because one more debacle would probably seal his fate as "worst president ever".

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

'88,

It was a rhetorical question.

My point was more about an obtuse president who thinks he can actually succeed with this.

Think Obamacare was a face plant?

It ain't healthcare he's messin' with now, it's the folks armament.

Personally, I can't wait to see him try it because one more debacle would probably seal his fate as "worst president ever".

The sad thing is it doesnt seem to matter how much of a failure it is if enough folks are told/believe/want to believe it isnt. After BO got elected again...seems like alot of bets are off.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-20-2015).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 0bama ego is Too Big to Fail™.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think so guys.

Have you looked at a map of the US lately?

Getting redder every year.

That's not to say that we don't have to be vigilant but we're doing OK.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't think so guys.

Have you looked at a map of the US lately?

Getting redder every year.

That's not to say that we don't have to be vigilant but we're doing OK.

Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you not get to the last line of my post before responding?

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh,Come on.

Show me proof that someone really cares anyway.

You show me someone that cares and I'll show you a domestic terrorist.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They only way the government, or anyone else will take my guns is hot and empty from firing from my cold dead hands.
I don't care if that makes me a criminal, hell I have been called worse by better people than those who are going to be taking my guns away.
But then I just had an accident on a fishing trip up north and all my guns fell overboard and are lost forever.
Time to buy some more.
Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-20-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one knows for sure how many I have or where they are. I wont surrender them peacefully. I have years worth of ammo, and I do buy more when its a bargain, but I doubt I could use up what I have before I die of old age anyway.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

No one knows for sure how many I have or where they are. I wont surrender them peacefully. I have years worth of ammo, and I do buy more when its a bargain, but I doubt I could use up what I have before I die of old age anyway.

Sniffing all those paint fumes, bondo dust and rust over the years that shouldn't be that much longer.

Steve
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually my doctor says he cant believe my age. Everything is equal or better than men 25 years younger than I am. I dont even need glasses. Funniest part about the body work stuff, is I never wear a mask except to spray urathanes and Ive been doing it since mid 1960s.
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Actually my doctor says he cant believe my age. Everything is equal or better than men 25 years younger than I am. I dont even need glasses. Funniest part about the body work stuff, is I never wear a mask except to spray urathanes and Ive been doing it since mid 1960s.

Please will your body to Science so they can figure out why you are so special ...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is actually a pic of Roger.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it interesting that our "fearless" leader is more concerned with gun control when Daesh should be #1 on his to do list.
I'm thinking all those guns he's so concerned with might be useful when Daesh comes a calling.

Just my opinion, not worth much but, it's all mine.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock