Started on: 11-17-2015 01:27 PM
Replies: 30 (417 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 11-18-2015 01:49 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EU has been (for a while now) trying to bring in anti-linking legislation (just posting a link would be seen as a copyright infringement). YEH, smells like enforced silence of critics to me too !!

https://savethelink.org/yourvoice?src=158734

That link is how to get in on the F-U feedback bandwagon.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would be a good way to make false info easier to spread, without links all we have is hear-say and made up things.
hmm. Wait. As opposed to made up news with links.

But really, it wouldnt be good.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's gradually moving in that direction here as well, as more and more websites require subscription.
Certainly copy/pasting just parts of an article without attribute will soon be gone, and I can't really blame them.
Already I see "copyright property of and not to be reproduced or used without..." .
I really can't fault people who create stuff at their own expense, and others surf right in, copy/paste and 100s get it for nothing...
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Links are a big part of what makes the internet so powerful. Without links, it is done. I wonder what will replace it.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

It's gradually moving in that direction here as well, as more and more websites require subscription.
Certainly copy/pasting just parts of an article without attribute will soon be gone, and I can't really blame them.
Already I see "copyright property of and not to be reproduced or used without..." .
I really can't fault people who create stuff at their own expense, and others surf right in, copy/paste and 100s get it for nothing...

I can stil remember the feeling I had when I got my 1st real computer--IBM Aptiva--in 1994. The Internet was like having both a university and public library system right at home and it was all free for the reading. I ate it up and for months spent every spare second web surfing. Damn I miss the good old days.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Links are a big part of what makes the internet so powerful. Without links, it is done. I wonder what will replace it.

Exactly. They have no idea that they're killing the goose that lays golden eggs. May as well outlaw card catalogs as well.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Censorship
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But, but......
https://compulsorymeatraffl...decimal-system-jack/

Suddenly, my whole intellectual world was shook. I’d never thought about it this way before, but maybe Ingram was onto something: maybe the Dewey Decimal System was responsible for the ongoing repression of millions of homosexuals worldwide, every young black man who gets sent to prison on a trumped-charge, the Iraq War, Gordon Brown’s painkiller addiction, Karley Sciortino, our troops, and so on. (?) In all those little points, a little evil is done- another pro-western imperialist little act-token of repression. So I did some research. And just a cursory glance saw some stunning facts come to light.

or.....
http://www.hyperorg.com/bac...-sep03-04.html#dewey

There seems to be a disturbing message hidden in the Dewey Decimal Classification system, the organizational scheme first published in 1876 and now used in 95% of US schools: Of the hundred numbers set aside for topics concerning religion, 88 — numbers 201-287 — are reserved for Christianity. Jews and Moslems get just one each. But those single-digit religions are still doing better than Buddhists (294.3) who share a decimal point with the Sikhs (294.6) and Jains (294.4), looking up enviously at Christian "Parish government & administration" which gets its own whole number (254).

I guess it's back to the dark ages for us.

(I just knew it had to be there, so I typed into Google, "Is the Dewey Decimal System Racist?")

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-17-2015).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not the system--it's the librarians....
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Knock off the Jew librarian hatred.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither Leonard nor DeGroot are Jewish surnames.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neither Leonard nor DeGroot are Jewish surnames.

Gee, another anti-Semite remark. Am I supposed to be scared of your threat?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would have to answer that yourself, tho to be honest, I don't see any threat.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I thought I was just supposed to return an irrelevant assertion to you after you made one to me.
I'll remind you that you don't know my ethnicity.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:

Although it seems very important to you, to most people it means nothing.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I thought I was just supposed to return an irrelevant assertion to you after you made one to me.

Feel free to make any kind of assertion you wish, relevant or otherwise.
A person's specific ethnicity means nothing to me. Everyone is the same--always.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-17-2015).]

mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, in today's world an Arab can be an anti-Semite, despite the fact that Arabs are Semites. And as I witnessed said on this forum, a person changes race when born of a woman who converted to a religion.

And you made the mistake of stepping off with a statement that you still can't support. It took all of one post in one thread the first day I was here and you went into emotive Politically Correct outburst.

Although it seems very important to you, to most people it means nothing.

Unless they want to try to call you an anti-Semite. And you weren't involved, so I'm positive I didn't ask you for a response that means nothing to me.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 11-17-2015).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, in today's world an Arab can be an anti-Semite, despite the fact that Arabs are Semites. And as I witnessed said on this forum, a person changes race when born of a woman who converted to a religion.

And you made the mistake of stepping off with a statement that you still can't support. It took all of one post in one thread the first day I was here and you went into emotive Politically Correct outburst.

Unless they want to try to call you an anti-Semite. And you weren't involved, so I'm positive I didn't ask you for a response that means nothing to me.

Anyone of any background, race, religion, nationality, age or any factor can be an antisemite.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And you weren't involved, so I'm positive I didn't ask you for a response that means nothing to me.

I am involved in this forum and this discussion. And you didn't have to ask, I volunteered. I figured it might help with your social development as you begin to venture out into the outside world and interact with adults. You're welcome.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know any adults?

Anyone of any background, race, religion, nationality, age or any factor can be an antisemite.

No. That only works in Politically Correct world. An anti-Semite is someone who hates Semites. A Semite is someone who is originally from the Near East which is roughly the Arabian Peninsula region, the Levant. "Anti-Semite" is a made up term in Europe from a time before we had the scientific ability to determine the genetic DNA of a person.

If you bash Arabs, you're an anti-Semite.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure that it it does indeed mean exactly that in your world.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what's the modern term for anti-everybody ?
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlin would've known it. Wish I knew.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gee, another anti-Semite remark. Am I supposed to be scared of your threat?

What is going on with you?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

What is going on with you?

bath soaps
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

**** you!

There. Didn't even have to follow the link.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:Well, I thought I was just supposed to return an irrelevant assertion to you after you made one to me.

Human?, 51% or more. This is the internet mental floss, there is no valid threats unless there is intent. Just words and ideas.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

EU has been (for a while now) trying to bring in anti-linking legislation (just posting a link would be seen as a copyright infringement). YEH, smells like enforced silence of critics to me too !!

https://savethelink.org/yourvoice?src=158734

is it, just killing the cickable links, that automaticly send you to what ever it might be??
if so, that is fine..
as you can rename a bad web address to Fiero history and people unknowingly will click it..
so we'll be back to copy and pasting web addresses, instead of live links..
not sure if this is such a bad thing, as they can't change the site address, like they can rename a link..
so http://www.trogan installer.com can't be renamed to http://www. Fiero history.com and trick folks..

killing live links won't kill the internet.. now if you had to manually type in a web address, then maybe..
but copy and paste into a brouser , not a big deal..
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Human?, 51% or more. This is the internet mental floss, there is no valid threats unless there is intent. Just words and ideas.

I know. I was mj's his tactic of saying a thing and pretending it's true.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Be quiet now.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay