Started on: 10-28-2015 05:20 AM
Replies: 32 (569 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 10-31-2015 12:17 PM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally they have cancelled it...No tears from me..

I liked the show in the first few seasons,but then they just started the cliff hanging crap in the middle of the show more and more...don't even get me started on the Fiero hatred they have shown.
Then the myths seemed to start coming more and more from SciFi/Action movies and even video games.,,glad to see this show go.

the bad thing is all the dang reruns we will have to suffer through for years to come.

I wished they would bring back Junk Yard wars..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2015 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Finally they have cancelled it...No tears from me..

I liked the show in the first few seasons,but then they just started the cliff hanging crap in the middle of the show more and more...don't even get me started on the Fiero hatred they have shown.
Then the myths seemed to start coming more and more from SciFi/Action movies and even video games.,,glad to see this show go.

the bad thing is all the dang reruns we will have to suffer through for years to come.

I'd not call this awesome, as they'll most likely replace it with some reality show..

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked it.... it was at least interesting to see what they came up with. The explosions were getting old, but otherwise, good, fun TV. Of course, if I didn't like it, I would simply turn the channel.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
I'd not call this awesome, as they'll most likely replace it with some reality show..

you got a legit point there
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, I hadn't thought of that show in years. That was a great show wasn't it?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably the last show ever to get school aged kids interesting in thinking. I am sure that I am wrong, but I do know that Mythbusters did a shat ton for education. My hat's off to them for that.

I read about the dislike of the two between them. The concept of the show is what kept it a great working relationship. Neither have ever talked outside the workplace.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Neither have ever talked outside the workplace.

I haven't heard this, but I did hear from someone who was on a plane from Traverse City (flying out) and the two of them were in the seats behind and they were joking about the event they attended (making fun of people).

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It started out good. I havent watched in years now after it just started getting silly.
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was better than Smash Lab.

I loved Junkyard Wars, but I have a feeling that their experts were let in on the build beforehand, so they could devise a plan and let the producers plant crucial parts around the junkyard. Other than that, I liked the creativity and rat-builds.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you think about it, there are a finite number of myths that can be "busted". So the show had kind of a built-in shelf life. I could tell that, after a few seasons, they started reaching for material... stuff like movie scenes, viewer suggestions, etc. Some of my favorite episodes were their physics demonstrations.

But like Tony said, the show was actively involved in getting kids interested in science. Hopefully, the show's presenters will continue doing that.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2015 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what could possibally go wrong, is different, but gets you thinking..
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tuna Helper:

It was better than Smash Lab.

I loved Junkyard Wars, but I have a feeling that their experts were let in on the build beforehand, so they could devise a plan and let the producers plant crucial parts around the junkyard. Other than that, I liked the creativity and rat-builds.

Yeah, somehow they found these "magical" parts....
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree that the show got a little stale in the middle. However, once they fired the "build team" and revamped the whole format the show drastically improved. Instead of ding 3-6 myths an episode, they only did 1-2. This allowed them to show a lot more making and building, troubleshooting and research. I loved the new format. They got to test things on a bigger scale and show more of their process. I'm sad to see them go, however they still have to air the final season.

If you are interested in Mythbusters, Adam Savage (and Jamie once in a blue moon, but never together) is on a website called Tested.com. They have awesome podcasts talking about movies and TV, amazing one-day builds with Adam and others where we can watch them make great stuff from scratch. They also have cool tech reviews and lots of coverage on 3D printing, VR technology, Drones, Laser Cutting, Model making, Movie FX and makeup, and lots more. I can't recommend the website enough.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watched the first few seasons but I got tired of all the "fillers" where they would show something and then show the exact same thing again and again.

I do watch it the odd time still, after I download it, if it is something of interest (which is actually very little) - that way I can skip through all the crap.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Discover like TLC and others is moving to all "reality" shows.

Losing the "three mythcateers" was a sign was going to end soon.

Plus all reruns are on Sci channel and you need best package from Comcast and others to get that.
Only a few reruns are on On Demand and some old ones on Netflix.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Side note -

Grant Imahara built Geoff Petersen, Craig Ferguson's side kick.

Craig's opening standup was the funniest 10 minutes on TV.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They will be missed.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote for its show replacement to be called,

"Hold my beer and watch this !"

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not surprised. After all, they tried to convince us that an airplane could take off against a conveyer belt running the same speed in the opposite direction.

I mean... seriously???

fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

They will be missed.

Yeah, there always was something about her.....
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Side note -

Grant Imahara built Geoff Petersen, Craig Ferguson's side kick.

didn't know that,cool
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They will be missed.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been claimed that the current estimate of Kari Byron net worth is 1.5 million dollars
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll miss her too. This was one of her first "jobs" as Mythbuster:
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well this thread is getting very interesting.. ...Hey Jake any thing you want to add
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I'm not surprised. After all, they tried to convince us that an airplane could take off against a conveyer belt running the same speed in the opposite direction.

I mean... seriously???

Was there ever any debate on whether or not it would work? I can't imagine there being any sort of disagreement about it.
But anyway, I felt like the show jumped the shark a long time ago and have not watched it in years.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well this thread is getting very interesting.. ...Hey Jake any thing you want to add

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2015 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I mean... seriously???

welp... they can.. just depends on what type airplane.. a prop. no..
a fighter jet.. yes in deed
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THIS and other shows from before TLC became all about trash and who can out-populate the other reality show.
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I originally watched just for the experimental challenges, but
lost interest because the show just didn't feel the same.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmclemore:
I originally watched just for the experimental challenges, but lost interest because the show just didn't feel the same.

Likely Part because people behind the show doing "research" of many myths just don't care.

Examples:
Car AC "myths" came from old systems that kill power and eats fuel when AC is on.
Old York compressors used on Ford and other cars till late '70s and early '80s where very bad. Bad enough they can easily stall most 4 and 6 cyl engine when have a bad or just miss-adjusted idle solenoid on the carb.
New cars use Sanden, V5 and V7 from GM/Delphi, etc, compressors that are allot more efficient.
A Fiero L4 w/ V5 you can't tell most time compressor is on. H6 and DA6 have a noticeable power draw for L4 and v6 every time the AC clutch is engaged. ECM are program to bump the idle too but H6/DA6 types are often a big pain to drive in the city.

Gas/Fuel explosions in normal toilets etc mainly comes from Internet/Youtube (and many to most are fakes) and Emergency! TV series.
Emergency! had 1 ep when worker didn't put a valve between gas and water to flush a line. Paraphrase: Worker, gas/fuel only ___ psi... Fireman, But hydrant only has 80psi. IE ___ psi is higher then water system. (I think is s2 e5 "Peace Pipe." I'll look a Netflix when I get time.)
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It has been claimed that the current estimate of Kari Byron net worth is 1.5 million dollars

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock