Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  13 Discontinued Cars Their Manufactures Stopped Selling Way Too Soon!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
13 Discontinued Cars Their Manufactures Stopped Selling Way Too Soon! by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-21-2015 10:49 AM
Replies: 7 (413 views)
Last post by: California Kid on 07-22-2015 10:53 AM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this list looking for something else, as I always do. I think number 4 gets my vote, how about you. And number 11,

But in the long run I don't think any of them should have been discontinued, Except maybe the number 10 the Pacer? WTF why would anyone want a pacer, has anyone ever actually owned one here?

13 Discontinued Cars Their Manufactures Stopped Selling Way Too Soon!

What was your favorite Hot Wheel growing up? Do you still have that bucket list of dream cars that you’ve always wanted? Mine was a 1969 Mustang GT 500. Remember all of those Ferraris, Porsches, and all of those muscle cars like the Mustangs, Carmaros, GTOs, and even the Corvettes — that you still want.

Well, The Corvettes are mostly still available, as are the Mustangs, and the Camaros, but what about those cars that they don’t make anymore? Here is our list of the 13 discontinued vehicles that they ought to bring back now. Which cars would you add to this list? If we have left off your favorite car just let us know in the comments.

http://americaloveshorsepow...elling-way-too-soon/

What ones get your vote?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got one of them, my 88 GT sitting in garage.

Basically the one's on this list would all be fun to drive today. 2 Cars not on the list that I wouldn't mind owning today are the 66 Nova SS, and the 72 Duster 340. Both cars are attractive and wouldn't take much to make them real fast.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That writer is daff..
The ford was just a name change
the car/trucks from ford and g.m. is still make as a ford and holden down under (tho. both are said to be closing shop there)
say'n the v.w. was killed off because of need of mpg was comical

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 07-21-2015).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of them, should never have been built IMO--Ranchero and Pacer. Ranchero, even here in East Texas was a heck of a rust bucket and seems the suspension began sagging the minute it was assembled.

Ford Ranger (yeah, I know--it's a truck--not a car) should be on the list tho for US market.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I test drove a Pacer when they came out. Nice car, good driver. A friend had one that I drove a lot.
Wish I had bought one when new.

I had an L79 66 Nova. They didn't need any work to make them fast....
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some nice cars there. I've considered getting an Avanti. That was my dream car as a kid.

The "Nova" meaning Doesn't Go is still stupid. The people that think that don't speak Spanish.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Some nice cars there. I've considered getting an Avanti. That was my dream car as a kid.

The "Nova" meaning Doesn't Go is still stupid. The people that think that don't speak Spanish.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

Not Going is from one of the many deferent dialects of Spanish, Portuguese Spanish I think. look at how many people speak Spanish all over the world and some of them are not even Spanish themselves. All have some differences and some many for the same or similar words. I remember when the Nova came out and Dad came home from work, At GM at the time and said that it meant something in Spanish but I can't for the life of me remember. Maybe one of the Portuguese guys he worked with.

The pacer all I can think of is a giant fish bowl as a way to describe it.

Steve
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I test drove a Pacer when they came out. Nice car, good driver. A friend had one that I drove a lot.
Wish I had bought one when new.

I had an L79 66 Nova. They didn't need any work to make them fast....

I know the 66 was fun and fast off the showroom floor, but I was referring to real fast with a few today's parts, here's a video from 5 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lhUeDIu2Uk

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock