Started on: 06-20-2015 08:00 PM
Replies: 4 (549 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 06-22-2015 07:33 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every spring, for a few brief years back in the '80s, the sleepy, Mayberry-esque business district of the tiny desert town of Eloy, AZ would, for one weekend, magically transform itself into a bustling racetrack, as it hosted the ASRA (Arizona Sports Racing Association) Eloy Gran Prix.

I used to look forward to the event all year, and would spend the entire weekend watching as the normally quiet streets would fill with thundering Corvettes, Porsches, Formula Vs, Alphas and Austins.

The town, which had a population of around 5,000 would quadruple in size and take on a carnival-like atmosphere, with street vendors selling everything from tacos to ceviche, sombreros and beer.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 06-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and just for mrfiero.....

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should tell you that I love these threads. History is awesome to me. Seeing those cars, and the era they ran in is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

My Dad had a white Chevy Luv pickup like the one in the background there back in the mid to late 80's when I was in high school. I dreamed of getting it and lowering it until I got a job and bought my 84 Nissan king cab instead.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone posted a Youtube video of the Eloy Gran Prix

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock