Started on: 04-16-2015 01:39 PM
Replies: 24 (787 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 05-03-2015 02:01 PM
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I popped into the local gun shop today for the first time in 3 years...they had a Model 59 9mm for sale, used (but looks like its never been shot, bluing is perfect still on the firing pin and feed ramp). Comes with Hogue wood grips pre installed, 2 aftermarket mags (rhino mag iirc) and a Sig hard case. Out the door for just shy of $380. Handled it a bit, love the feel in my hands, its a bit heavy but thats not such a bad thing (should make this lil 9mm feel like a .22 mag recoil wise). What really grabs me is the trigger break on this gun. In both SA and DA it is just crisp and clean as hell, like butter its so smooth (really rivals that of my FNP-9 that I had, and I'd almost say is much better....almost)

From what I can gather, this is a survivor (1st generation) from the early days of the Model 59, and the gun itself is one of the "Wonder 9s" that were so popular before Glock came to the market. Wondering though, does anyone here have one of these that they carry on a regular basis? Any major issues you've encountered (FTF, FTE, etc)?

He has 2 long guns there I'm looking at buying too, going to try and do a package deal out the door for $500 if I can (one of the long guns is a mosin with the triangle stamp that has an I in the center, the other gun is a Stevens single shot break action .410).

Man I never should have sold off all my guns after college

The other option on the table at the same price is a .357 mag Uberti Cattleman 1814 new in box...Handled it, but really don't feel comfortable with the sights (or lack thereof) and the fact that its SA-only. Heavy trigger too...

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 04-16-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you get it and decide you don't want it, you can give it to me and I'll make a bed for it in the safe.

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 04-16-2015).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J-Holland:

if you get it and decide you don't want it, you can give it to me and I'll make a bed for it in the safe.

LOL. Between the 2 options for handguns, I really like the Model 59 best. Given its probably in 95% condition (if not better) the price tag is what has me interested. I saw listings from 8 months ago online that were selling similar ones in slightly less condition for $450. And it seems to have a lot of positive reviews online the more I search...
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I know about it, it is a pretty good gun. I have it's immediate predecessor in the safe, a Model 39-2. essentially the same gun in a single stack configuration.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't want non of my desert eagle
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weren't you destitute and asking for financial help less than six months ago? Maybe you shouldn't be buying anything non-essential right now.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 04-16-2015).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

You don't want non of my desert eagle

You're right, thats all you dude. .50 cal doesn't impress me honestly, its not practical...

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Weren't you destitute and asking for financial help less than six months ago? Maybe you shouldn't be buying anything non-essential right now.

FWIW, I own a pristine S&W 5906 (evolved from the Model 59) but do not carry. It's not for sale.

FWIW, things change and I'll buy whatever I damn well please with MY money...Just sayin'

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-16-2015).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but that comment above is bothering the hell out of me. So Marvin, FWIW:

If you must know, I am purchasing this with my inheritance from my father. So, should you feel the need to try and beat a guy down for getting back into a hobby that brings him closer to his recently deceased father, then by all means fire away. Whatever you need to do to feel good about yourself and get through your day...

Starting to remember why I quit posting here, when all anyone can do is bring up past mistakes and not let a guy live things down.

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't buy the guns, just take them. The guy won't mind or miss them.

Kevin
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never fails... Here come the trolls

Feck outta here with your bullshjt. Unless you have something useful to contribute to the thread, go pound sand and keep your opinions to yourselves.
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Never fails... Here come the trolls

Feck outta here with your bullshjt. Unless you have something useful to contribute to the thread, go pound sand and keep your opinions to yourselves.

I think he likes you that special way.

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I think he likes you that special way.

I think he wants to touch his naughty spot err i mean gun
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you must know, I am purchasing this with my inheritance from my father.

So your father had enough money to leave you an inheritance yet you started a go fund me to help him out in his time of need?

Interesting.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

So your father had enough money to leave you an inheritance yet you started a go fund me to help him out in his time of need?

Interesting.

Shhhh, don't bring up the past. It's not relevant.

Kevin
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but that comment above is bothering the hell out of me. So Marvin, FWIW:

If you must know, I am purchasing this with my inheritance from my father. So, should you feel the need to try and beat a guy down for getting back into a hobby that brings him closer to his recently deceased father, then by all means fire away. Whatever you need to do to feel good about yourself and get through your day...

Starting to remember why I quit posting here, when all anyone can do is bring up past mistakes and not let a guy live things down.

FYI, I too wondered about the need to purchase opulence when you were not eating a few weeks ago? I did not know of an inheritance? How was Marvin to know? You are out of order for what you wrote.

"Feck outta here..." Great tough internet guy routine. Open your mouth. Tell me to "go pound sand".
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever...The whole lot of you can just **** right off. I'll take my meager $500 inheritance and just go. Had enough of the assclowns and douchebags for one lifetime. \

Doesn't matter much anyhow in the grand scheme of things...wont be around much longer anyhow...

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 04-17-2015).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh, I thought we shared our lives and offered / took advice if we felt it was worthy. Some might remember when I was not working for too long, a few friends bought some valuable guns from me temporarily so that my family did not have to feel the difference too much. It was nice to have assets, I bought all back since them.
Now knowing that you are eating and this is "found money" I have less concerns that you going hungry. I gun is a good bartering tool even without pointing it.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whatever...The whole lot of you can just **** right off. I'll take my meager $500 inheritance and just go. Had enough of the assclowns and douchebags for one lifetime. \

Doesn't matter much anyhow in the grand scheme of things...wont be around much longer anyhow...

Dear lord but you are extremely unstable man.

Go see a doc and get on some chill pills until you can grow up enough to deal with assholes and people in general.

And I hope you do not buy that gun. I'd rather you look back and go "that was an insane time of my life"

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your health a little or definitely questionable? Yea, I understand the desire to have an effective out plan. I still like the final statement like the Buddhist monk that lit himself on fire in the square. Frecken memorable. A plastic bag and some privacy is pretty effective.
My vote is to stick around as long as you can stand it because so long as you are alive, things can change, even if it is worse, it can be interesting.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory: I still like the final statement like the Buddhist monk that lit himself on fire in the square. Frecken memorable. A plastic bag and some privacy is pretty effective.

I'm impressed by the Buddhist monks who start to mummify themselves while still alive. That takes dedication!
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, no more updates in the last half month. I wanted to hear how they shot. I have not shot a gun in some 3 plus years and I have a pile of them. Did a will and I leaving whatever is left of them to a redneck second cousin that had every reason to fail and she is amazing. She is moving up the command in the Army now.
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
S&W 59 is nice, but 500 buys a RIA 1911. Won't judge on the inheritance thing.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Won't judge on the inheritance thing.

That's good. It's in the past now so you can never bring it up again. It is totally irrelevant and means nothing.

Kevin
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I'm impressed by the Buddhist monks who start to mummify themselves while still alive. That takes dedication!

I have, at different times in my life, attempted to pickle myself using different types of alcohol--usually the dark stuff from Canada, Tn, and Ky that comes in tall glass containers.
I guess tho--that I lacked will and determination enough to complete the project.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock