Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  London: Child tortured as suspected "witch", concept unites various faiths

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
London: Child tortured as suspected "witch", concept unites various faiths by rinselberg
Started on: 10-11-2014 01:54 PM
Replies: 3 (195 views)
Last post by: Khw on 10-11-2014 06:21 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Most of the cases involve pastors or religious leaders in African communities who have incorporated elements of witchcraft or spirit possession into their version of fundamentalist Christianity. These beliefs are widely held in countries such as the Democratic Republic of Congo, where Kanda was born. . . ."

"In the past decade and a half, London's most high-profile cases have been linked to Christian groups with roots in Western and Sub-Saharan Africa. But cases involving other faiths, such as Islam and Hinduism, have emerged more recently as authorities have delved deeper. . . ."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news...-rise-london-n222781

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-11-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
World: Hundreds of millions of children of religious parents are not suspected of or tortured for being -----a "witch".
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-11-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*tolerance*
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pathetic really. I mean, I live here in Utah were the LDS faith is a rather large (something like 60% 9 years ago when I moved here) portion of the population. Yet, I could go out right now and drive to 3 different Wiccan stores in the area. Now considering how large a LDS population we have here, add in the people who attend churches of other Christian faiths and we have ALOT of religious people but I have not even seen picket sign one at any of those shops let alone seen or read any report on some act of violence towards the owner or patron of those shops.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock