Started on: 10-04-2014 11:28 AM
Replies: 14 (279 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 10-06-2014 12:37 PM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video purports to show 4th Islamic State beheading

An internet video released Friday appears to show the beheading of a British hostage who had been captured by the Islamic State.

"I am Alan Henning. Because of our Parliament's decision to attack the Islamic State I, as a member of the British public, will now pay the price for that decision," Henning says in the video.

He is wearing an orange jump suit and the video resembles other beheadings carried out by the Islamic State. Officials were in process of trying to authenticate the video, in which a militant also threatens to execute another American hostage.

"Obama, you have started your aerial bombard of Shams (Syria), which keep on striking our people, so it is only right that we strike the next of your people," a masked militant said.

If authenticated, this would be the fourth such video released by the Islamic State. The militants have also released videos showing the beheading of American reporters James Foley and Steven Sotloff and British aid worker David Haines.

Notice how the victims are resigned to their fate? As horrific as the beheadings are, think what they went through before they were broken to the point they look at having their head cut off as a release from their captivity and torment.

Obama added, "Standing together with our UK friends and allies, we will work to bring the perpetrators of Alan's murder – as well as the murders of Jim Foley, Steven Sotloff and David Haines – to justice. Standing together with a broad coalition of allies and partners, we will continue taking decisive action to degrade and ultimately destroy ISIL."

No doubt the same "justice" he brought to everyone else when he's said that. You know, Mr. President, with all due respect, you need to actually bring someone to justice once for people to believe you aren't completely full of crap. Meanwhile that "decisive" action is being carefully targeted to avoid ISIS command and control centers.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 10-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't bother watching any of that crap. I don't think this should even be reported by the news. The terrorist win when this is done.
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Resigned? No, I'm thinking drugged. Makes for an easier video.

I'd give my opinion, but it'd just be a lot of **********
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how long before some "domestic terrorist" group (aryan brotherhood, kkk, insert white supremecist group here) starts doing this same thing here to innocent islamic civilians. To be honest I am suprised it has'nt already been done. I am no war monger, but it seems that we may be going about this the wrong way. As Sean Connery says in the Untouchables, "They send one of ours to the hospital, we send one of theirs to the morgue". If my memory and history lessons hold true, we tried this excercise of futulity in Vietnam, Desert Storm, Afghanistan, Iraq. It works for a while, then just blows up again.

dan
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did it ever cross anyone's mind that the terrorists may have told the victims that this was just a rehearsal and no harm would come to them if they just cooperated? They may have already done this a dozen times to get the video the way they wanted it. is it possible they were all drugged? Sure, but I think my idea is more likely, keep doing that enough times and they are going to believe it and they are not going to hurt you this time, but then when they get the video the way they want it, Bam !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

how long before some "domestic terrorist" group (aryan brotherhood, kkk, insert white supremecist group here) starts doing this same thing here to innocent islamic civilians. To be honest I am suprised it has'nt already been done. I am no war monger, but it seems that we may be going about this the wrong way. As Sean Connery says in the Untouchables, "They send one of ours to the hospital, we send one of theirs to the morgue". If my memory and history lessons hold true, we tried this excercise of futulity in Vietnam, Desert Storm, Afghanistan, Iraq. It works for a while, then just blows up again.

dan

I don't know about non-Muslims beheading Muslims in America, but there are already cases of Muslims beheading non-Muslims here.

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-04-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I don't bother watching any of that crap. I don't think this should even be reported by the news. The terrorist win when this is done.

I think it should be reported, so we know what is actually going on the world. But, it should be a simple statement, nothing more, nothing less. Terrorists can win if we are totally silent too.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-04-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Did it ever cross anyone's mind that the terrorists may have told the victims that this was just a rehearsal and no harm would come to them if they just cooperated? They may have already done this a dozen times to get the video the way they wanted it. is it possible they were all drugged? Sure, but I think my idea is more likely, keep doing that enough times and they are going to believe it and they are not going to hurt you this time, but then when they get the video the way they want it, Bam !

Steve

I dont think any captive would believe it.

They have just been broken. Could drugs have been involved? Sure, that is not unheard of when you break people..
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I refuse to actually watch the videos. I get extremely angry when I hear of ANOTHER person getting their head chopped off by some fanatic. I don't think I am the only one who has to suppress absolute rage when this happens. The few here that have met me wouldn't call me violent, but I'd do unspeakable things to the coward with the machete.

He probably feels the same every time we drop a bomb on his village.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:
He probably feels the same every time we drop a bomb on his village.

His village ?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sad truth is that we become desensitized to any sort of violence over time. The more the ragheads behead people, the less we (as a whole) care. "Oh, look. Another forest fire in the West." "Oh, look. There's a blizzard in Canada." "Oh, look. The ragheads did something violent against someone else." Personally, I get livid when I hear about it but most people don't even bother reading the news story after the first or second "event" (whether it's a forest fire, a blizzard or a beheading, etc).

As far as the captives disposition before they get killed, maybe they are just resigned to their fate. Maybe, just maybe, they aren't that concerned with their own death, especially if they're dying for their faith. I'm a Christian and I'd rather die than deny my belief in Jesus. I'd prefer it to be done with as little pain and suffering as possible but if standing up for God means I have to take some punishment on earth, that's all good. A few minutes of suffering here for an eternity of bliss in Heaven. Seems like a decent trade off.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent watched any of the videos and I dont see a lot of news coverage in the main stream news.
Probably get more updates from Don than the TV

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 10-05-2014).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

3 2/5

Is that in inches? You might consider some of those little pills.

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

His village ?

He has a British accent. Britain has villages, Right?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets start a 2 for one here. Behead 2 random muslims for every one they do. Then drop 100 more tons of bombs on their houses. And dont forget to douse them all with pig blood first.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock