Ebay & Paypal suck by engine man
Started on: 09-08-2014 03:36 PM
Replies: 13 (243 views)
Last post by: no2pencil on 09-08-2014 10:06 PM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God i sell an item on ebay and the buyer has it according to the tracking # usps and they wont let me have my money because i dont sell all the time on ebay well F them i will never use them again it is craigslist for me and nothing else oh ya paypal is part of ebay now so they suck to
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What!! That makes no sense at all
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i shouldn't say wont let me have the money but there holding the money for how long i don't know and he now has the part oh ya my rating is 100 on ebay usps tracking # 9114901159818036679653

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 09-08-2014).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... part of their policy.. probably to stop people from scamming others.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/...ent_unavailable.html
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-08-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What has this got to do with Fieros?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing just letting folks know if you don't sell all the time on ebay don't think your getting your money right away if at all what if he said he didn't get it even though the usps said the delivered
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to read all of that three times..... My head hurts.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Far as I remember, I always had to wait for it to be tranferred to my bank account...IF I requested payment. It usually wasnt a problem since I just kept it in Paypal anyway to have funds there to buy stuff myself. Now I just use Craigslist to sell, and still buy from EBay. Its ez there to find stuff I cant find anywhere else. I still buy VCRs.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-08-2014).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had Paypal put a hold on a transaction where someone purchased from me, but I normally get the email within an hour or two of the purchase and it clearly states to not send the item until the hold had cleared. So I send an email to the buyer, let them be aware of the hold and let them know that I will be shipping after it is lifted.

Also, depending on how you have your account setup, they can put a hold on your funds availability. They do this so if the deal goes bad they still have access to the $$$ to issue a refund, but you can get past this one if you link your account properly.

While I don't like everything Paypal does or all of eBay's fees, I do use both of them quite a bit.
ybnormal74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ybnormal74Send a Private Message to ybnormal74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think at least at one time, new ebay sellers had their money held until a certain time after the purchase was made or until the buyer left positive feedback whichever came first. It is to stop the people that just open an account to sell a couple of items while scamming people I believe. Should be in the account agreement information somewhere I would imagine.

Kevin
ybnormal74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ybnormal74Send a Private Message to ybnormal74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ybnormal74

432 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Google search "ebay 21 day payment hold".

Kevin
PFF
System Bot
ybnormal74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ybnormal74Send a Private Message to ybnormal74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ybnormal74

432 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Looks like after the confirm delivery the money will be released. It's only been like 6hrs since delivery was made. I would assume they need a little more time than that possibly.

Kevin
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did the math once. If I sell something on eBay and take payment via Paypal, about 15-20% of my sale gets skimmed off the top. That doesn't include the cost of shipping.

I also noticed they have it setup so eBay and Paypal can both charge you as much as possible. For example, when you make a sale, you don't have to pay the eBay seller's fee immediately. It's deferred until later. That allows Paypal to charge a fee on the full transaction amount (instead of taking out the eBay fee first, which would reduce the transaction amount). Then after Paypal gets their fee, eBay takes out their fee... also on the full sale amount (including shipping). It's quite a racket they have going.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:
oh ya paypal is part of ebay now so they suck to

eBay bought PayPal years ago. Soon after they removed the option of any other payment factor. It's actually better (imo) both as a seller & a buyer.
As long as your tracking shows the item delivered, they will release the funds.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock