Started on: 08-22-2014 08:58 AM
Replies: 38 (458 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 08-25-2014 03:15 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to find a word/the word that would describe a person who seeks out or even tries to create chaos. I'm not thinking of an anarchist as that's a person more for the absence of government, police, etc. But this would be a person who gets excited when all hell breaks lose and, if it doesn't, will either lead people to make it that way or pretty much hope and pray that it does. For example, with this latest situation with Ebola and the patients coming here, a person like this would get excited at the thought of hundreds of thousands of people getting sick and dying from an outbreak. Or the thought of millions dying in a nuclear war would be preferable to peace for them because it would be exciting. Sometimes the person may even rewrite historical events with a little conspiracy thrown in just to add excitement to it. Just wondering if there's a term for a person like that.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Evil.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Malevolent
adj.

-wishing evil or harm to another or others; showing ill will, spite, or hatred ; ill-disposed; malicious:
-evil; harmful; injurious:

-or-

Malicious
adj.

-full of, characterized by, or showing malice; malevolent; spiteful:
-vicious, wanton, or mischievous in motivation or purpose.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-22-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The word schadenfreude comes to mind, but that's what they experience, not what they are.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sh!t disturber (as in my ex wife)
zetabird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
chaotic evil
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
drama queen
news commentator
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Histrionic?
Yarmouth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Yarmouth FieroSend a Private Message to Yarmouth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
joeschuit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschuitSend a Private Message to joeschuitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"actively" seeking discord
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sensationalist.
Crisis addict or crisis monger.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-22-2014).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Journalist.
Community Organizer.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

J/K
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CNN

It doesn't matter which subject matter--once they get on it, they stay on it for days and days till they've bled every morsel of public interest out of it.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, whatever the word turns out to be, it does seem to describe alot of the Survivalists. And those waiting for the Rapture. and so on - just waiting and sometimes actively to be proved right.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maleficent

adj

- causing harm or doing evil intentionally, or capable of such acts, causing or capable of producing evil or mischief; baleful, malicious

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
conniving
con·nived, con·nive, con·nives
- To cooperate secretly in an illegal or wrongful action;
- To scheme; plot.
- To feign ignorance of or fail to take measures against a wrong, thus implying tacit encouragement or consent:
- To avoid noticing something that one is expected to oppose or condemn; give aid to wrongdoing by forbearing to act or speak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

well, whatever the word turns out to be, it does seem to describe alot of the Survivalists. And those waiting for the Rapture. and so on - just waiting and sometimes actively to be proved right.

I knew you despised Christians, you mention it alot, but I didnt suspect preppers.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I knew you dispised Christians, you mention it alot, but I didnt suspect preppers.

not sure where that comes from, but, I really do not have much good to say about someone who would happily throw humanity in the toilet for their own self-satisfaction.

and, I dont despise christians - I despise the Church, and all other Mob Rules. Tho, I fully understand how it can come off that way.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not sure where that comes from, but, I really do not have much good to say about someone who would happily throw humanity in the toilet for their own self-satisfaction.

and, I dont despise christians - I despise the Church, and all other Mob Rules. Tho, I fully understand how it can come off that way.

Really? It seems like you bring it up sort of passive aggrssively in alot of threads. Maybe if you were more specific when doing so. In this instance it seemed like you were claiming preppers and people who believe in a rapture all revel in the thought of everyone but themselves starving or going through tribulations.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really? It seems like you bring it up sort of passive aggrssively in alot of threads. Maybe if you were more specific when doing so. In this instance it seemed like you were claiming preppers and people who believe in a rapture all revel in the thought of everyone but themselves starving or going through tribulations.

many do.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

many do.

Maybe a few (as with any other group of individuals.) I have seen Atheists and Agnostics, and even some who show hints of Paganism, Buddhism or Hinduism post similar sentiments here on the forum.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharpton

Steve
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possibly, Adversary or Antagonist?

Adversary, antagonist mean a person or a group contending against another. Adversary suggests an enemy who fights determinedly, continuously, and relentlessly: a formidable adversary.Antagonist suggests one who, in hostile spirit, opposes another, often in a particular contest or struggle: a duel with an antagonist."
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Melanie said John Hancock and anyone else who signed the declaration of independence if you need just one word,

Terrorist or'

insurgent

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-22-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Human Beings?
Maybe its just that people would be shocked at what they are capable of.

Is the worst of us in the best of us...
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have some on this forum.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UHLANSTAN ???? Maybe
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Human Beings?

Is the worst of us in the best of us...

I once, from a personal standpoint, asked a similar or related question here. I don't think anyone understood it.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-6-035902.html

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Human Beings?

Why my answers were adjectives.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-25-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I once, from a personal standpoint, asked a similar or related question here. I don't think anyone understood it.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-6-035902.html

The answer to your question(s) is no, yes, no.

She doesn't know me fully (does any wife really know her husband fully), she does know my past, & I am quite sure she has absolutely no idea what I am capable of, even after seeing me shield someone as well as savage someone.

That aside, her faith in me begins and ends with a continued income.
With no financial investments in the future, how much longer can I make it to work becomes the driving force.
Personal dreams & desires are very low in the equation.

That is to say, she's not so sure I could ever become a writer (that's the faith part), but she's damn sure we can't live without me being a mechanic (that's the continued income part)...
In a Gynocracy, faith loses to practicality everytime.

In my experience, women seem to see their husbands as "children with checks"...
"Aw, that's sweet that you wanna' be a writer, honey, and it's good to have dreams, but you got to be practical & think about our future."

P.S. Not one word of the above is meant to be a slam on my wife.
She is a far better humanbeing than I am or ever will be.
And i've never loved anyone (besides myself) more.

I'm what parents & old-timers call "a dreamer".....a "dream" being anything that doesn't end in a guaranteed paycheck.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-25-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I gather many women like and need security and shelter, its alot harder with less of that, love can win, but it is alot harder. They also like to see ambition and confidence. She and the man must have determination to stick it out and love besides convenience.

Theres a line in this song that goes "staying married was the only way to work your problems out".
Marriage, the commitment does really mean something.

I like the song

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

In my experience, women seem to see their husbands as "children with checks"...
"Aw, that's sweet that you wanna' be a writer, honey, and it's good to have dreams, but you got to be practical & think about our future."

You could look at it as.. its hard to become a writer if you dont have an address or 3 square meals anymore. I would guess most writers that can make money from it probably worked a 9-5 at a dayjob and wrote in the evenings and weekends. Though I see your point in not being supportive.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would guess most writers that can make money from it probably worked a 9-5 at a dayjob and wrote in the evenings and weekends. Though I see your point in not being supportive.

Agreed.
A lot of the great paintings were painted on bread & water.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed.
A lot of the great paintings were painted on bread & water.

This is true, troubles and trials inspire great art.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....a "dream" being anything that doesn't end in a guaranteed paycheck.

It doesn't have to be "either/or." Many financially successful artists worked for years as illustrators or commercial artists, paying their dues and honing their skills, before they struck out on their own as "pure" artists. Many successful authors ... notably Mark Twain and Ernest Hemingway ... began their careers as hack journalists or advertising copy writers.

Even the longest journey begins with a single step. The key question is ... does that step take you toward, or away from, your long-term goals? Take enough of those steps, manage not to stumble along the way, and before you know it you're an overnight success. I don't know of any shortcuts.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 08-25-2014).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Douchebag."

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 08-25-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock