Started on: 06-28-2014 06:24 PM
Replies: 20 (371 views)
Last post by: whadeduck on 07-03-2014 01:45 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't believe it when I heard it, so I researched it. It's true. Because the name Asian Carp has been deemed offensive, they're presenting legislation in Minnesota to have the name changed. Un-freakin'-believable.

http://www.nationaljournal....e-to-asians-20140331

Can we, as a country, agree that this kind of stuff has, is, and is going too far? Am I no longer allowed to go to a Japanese steak house because anything referencing another culture will eventually be deemed offensive? That's it! I'm done! Stop the world, I'm getting off at this stop. lol

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were the fish offended?
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-28-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Am I no longer allowed to go to a Japanese steak house because anything referencing another culture will eventually be deemed offensive?

Yes, you are banned from Chinatown. And forget going to tacobell...
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stupid?
No, something much worse.

Can we call them invasive fish formerly known as being from Asia?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya'll just "carping" here.

There's also been a movement to find a new common name for what has long been known as a "Jewfish" or "Jew Fish". I am not sure where that one is going. What they want to call it, instead. There's a brief online discussion about it, with some theories about how it acquired that name :

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question69761.html

Click to show

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-28-2014).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-28-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Were the fish offended?

Does it matter? "3rd party offence" is all it takes these days.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thing is, the nickname of that group of fish had nothing to do with demeaning Asian people. It is only because of the fish's origin. I'm starting to think that the PC police will eventually remove the use of any kind of language due to it's offensive nature.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 06-28-2014).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-28-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

The thing is, the nickname of that group of fish had nothing to do with demeaning Asian people. It is only because of the fish's origin. I'm starting to think that the PC police will eventually remove the use of any kind of language due to it's offensive nature.

Its the logical end conclusion, no communication. Oh, and uniforms ( with mittens ).

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-28-2014).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Ya'll just "carping" here.

There's also been a movement to find a new common name for what has long been known as a "Jewfish" or "Jew Fish". I am not sure where that one is going. What they want to call it, instead. There's a brief online discussion about it, with some theories about how it acquired that name :

Click to show

I looked at several other pictures, and unless it's got nothing to do with appearances, then I'm not getting it... there's nothing there that makes it look Hacidic or something.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I looked at several other pictures, and unless it's got nothing to do with appearances, then I'm not getting it... there's nothing there that makes it look Hacidic or something.

Appreciate that. If you are still curious, link to this online discussion; just a few posts, about a full page of text, altogether. Probably has nothing to do with how the fish looks to human eyes :

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question69761.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-28-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect the atheists will insist the angel fish be renamed to something more generic and the Joshua tree be called only by it's scientific name Yucca brevifolia as well.
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rhode Island once introduced a bill to change the name of man hole covers to person hole covers. (DIDN'T PASS)
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I suspect the atheists will insist the angel fish be renamed to something more generic and the Joshua tree be called only by it's scientific name Yucca brevifolia as well.

I'm on it! Working on "Jesus Bolt" too.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 06-28-2014).]

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these next?

English muffins
Spanish rice
Chinese food
Japanese beetle
Canadian bacon
American fries
French fries
Alaskan king crab (probably keeps Boonie up at night, poor fella)
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am starting to really think the P-C police need a much more active sex life.......Stihl anal dildoes should work perfectly for the purpose.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These were around longer, no mention of name change yet, people are weird.

-
Asian Beetles

"How To Kill and Get Rid of Multi-colored
Asian Lady Beetles and Asian Lady Bugs

Lady bugs surrounding and invading your home by the thousands? millions? It's not lady bugs, it probably the Asian beetle. Asian beetles have become a homeowners worst nightmare.
Asian beetles will be migrating to find a new place to live and breed. Maybe your home! Of course, spring time is also a good time to have an Asian beetle outbreak. Why do we have such large numbers - sometimes epidemic numbers of Asian beetles? You can thank science and the US government.
The multi-colored Asian lady beetle was first recorded as a pest in houses in 1988 in Abita Springs, Louisiana.
It is not uncommon for tens of thousands of beetles to congregate in attics, ceilings and wall voids. When the heating is turned on the beetles tend to move around inside these voids and exit into the living areas of the home.
In addition to biting, they exude a foul-smelling, yellow defensive chemical, which will sometimes cause spotting on walls and other surfaces. .."
http://www.epestsupply.com/asian_beetles.php

TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And American Cheese!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we white people should go after ritz crackers... I'm starting to take offence to the name of there product.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your "L-gun" scares and offends me.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors