Started on: 06-24-2014 09:35 AM
Replies: 16 (449 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 02-10-2020 08:14 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of us wear art. What are your reasons?

As I sit here 40 minutes early for work, I see many with tattoos driving in. I see a lot of "tough guys" with everything from their prison webs, to "frucck it" on their person. Seems like many have them just to act the part. Most are little men that want to make a statement. Poorly done, and used to give an impression. I wear mine differently. My kids feet on my right inner forearm to remember responsibility. "We wouldn't need laws if people had RESCPECT" on my left outer forearm to remind me that being a good human is paramount in my life.

Just thinking out loud.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Show us your tits!
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Show us your tits!

Click to show
V8 Vega

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2014 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a tough guy.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I duno, I always thought that was why people wore Tee-shirts with a witty saying and/or artwork on them.

I see tattoos as being VERY ritualistic, like 'in the jungle' stuff, so when I see people with a popeye or pokemon on their arm, it makes me a little.

The shirt says "I'm with stupid" with an arrow pointing to the guy next to them.. a bad tattoo says "I AM stupid", with an arrow pointing up at their own face.

Nah, that was harsh. Everyone has the freedom to do whatever the heck they want, and some are very very cool looking or symbolic... and I usually am cool with the freedom of self expression, but, as I said last week, I'm seeing some TERRIBLE ink lately. LIke - hey , it's a Tuesday, maybe I should get an AWFUL tattoo?
Gah, one was worse than the other. So poorly done. worse than felt tip marker and highlighter.

There are a few I've contemplated about getting over the years, but I really have no desire for it. I'll wear some jewelry, maybe. But I don't need/want physical reminders inked into my skin. I'm more into "functional" stuff. If I were to ever get a tat or an implant, i'd want it to DO something, like open a door, provide some level of access, or shoot laserbeams or something.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love tat threads!

I've been in the Navy for almost 25 years. They are definitely part of our culture.

I have lots, but my favorites are:

1. My Tiger. This is the mascot for Dalhousie University where I got 3 degrees, plus the mascot for HMCS Fredericton, where I was the assistant engineering officer, which was one of the best postings of my career. (I've been posted to 13 ships and subs over my career...I'll be getting a few more relating to the other significant ones later). So the tiger has a lot of meaning to me.

2. Full fantasy scene. This one is a little harder to describe the inner meaning to me. But I've always had an intense fascination with stories of dragons, wizards, etc The scene itself was done over 20 years by four different tattoo artists. Just kept growing.

I have a few more, each with a story. I'm planning on 3 or 4 other large pieces, and will be looking for a really great artist to bring my ideas to life. I'm a senior military officer with a PhD, working in a professional environment. Most people I work with don't know I have any tattoos. No issues separating personal and work lives.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine isn't for display to impress people. You cant see it, unless you are special..
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love well done ink, full of color and pops from the person.

Click to show

And girls
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
"We wouldn't need laws if people had RESCPECT" on my left outer forearm to remind me that being a good human is paramount in my life.

I hope not

My first one was flash. Every other one was thought through before a needle touched me. A couple didn't turn out the way I thought they would but I don't plan on coverups because that's part of life. The latest one I'm thinking of will be the front of my thigh where I have no feeling will be H.R. Giger steampunk bio-mechanical. I have several other ideas that I'm waiting on getting.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2014 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will add pics when I see Benjamin on Thursday. She kept the computer.

I also have a tribal on my left bicep. (ls3mach ) Got it around 21 years of age. I am Polish/Yugoslavian so why I got a tribal is probably due to wanting to be a tough guy. I do not even belong to any tribe. I do want to get Rosie the Riveter and perhaps use her to cover it up. Kinda want TBone to do that one for me. Would love to have is work on me. I like his style of tattooing.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, the only picture I have of mine is from before I had it touched up and color added. Unfortunately again, with the weather being nice I've been wearing shorts and now my legs are so tan you can't really see they color.... So...

It's nothing fancy but it means something to me. A friend of mine, so close we were like brothers since he nor I ever had a brother, joined the Navy right out of high school. He and I were always there for each other and even with his tours at sea and transfers to other states we stayed close. While over in the Middle East he bought me several souvenirs. One of those was a black and copper beaded necklace with what appeared to be a tooth carved in ivory. I know it wasn't plastic, it was to fibrous to be plastic. Anyways, I loved that necklace and wore it for many long years. Eventually he was transferred back to Cali, so I flew out to Great Lakes IL. and drove one of his vehicles back to Cali for him. He and his wife were going through a divorce at the time and oddly enough, my divorce was just about over. So, when he moved back he stayed with me for awhile until he found an apartment out in Long Beach where he was stationed. While he was staying with me, he came by my work one day with a girl her knew, that I didn't know, and asked if I wanted to join them for lunch. Well, that girl is now my wife of over 14 years. Shortly after we got married, Rob, his new fiancee, my wife and I went to a Dodgers game. My wife accidentally hooked her finger in that necklace while we sat in the stands and broke it sending the beads everywhere. I had some pictures of that necklace and it meant a lot to me, so I went and had it tattooed on my leg. Several years down the road Rob passed away from cancer. I was with him and his close family in the Hospital during the last 3 days of his life. What was a symbol of our friendship is now not only a symbol of our friendship but also a reminder of the closest thing I ever had to a brother.

Eventually, I plan to get a dragon on my right shoulder blade with his neck and head wrapping up over my shoulder and along my collar bone. That one will be because it represents me and my likes. I don't know when that will happen, it's been a plan of mine for 15+ years, but someday if I ever get around to it.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-25-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

www.bizarbin.com/3d-tattoos

Not a real tattoo.... I wish people would quit posting this.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010
I've learned to not judge based on tattoos.

Who cares if they get cool spiderwebs on the elbows and it has no meaning? If they like it, isn't that all that matters?

I have a Chinese dragon. I'm not Chinese, but I spent time there (where I got it designed). I speak some Chinese. I know a lot of Chinese. I had my first real Chinese meal on the first day of the year of the dragon. But most importantly? I just really ****ing like it!

I have a Greek tattoo inspired from the bible "My King of kings and Lord of lords" down my leg, huge! I'm not Greek, or even Christian anymore, but it's my foundation.

I want a flash tattoo on my thigh. It won't mean anything but it'll look sweet as hell and won't mess up future ink.

I have tattoos because I like them. I used to think they had to mean something, but they don't. They can, and they don't have to! But I've learned to never judge a book by its cover.
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Not a real tattoo.... I wish people would quit posting this.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock