Started on: 06-23-2014 08:15 PM
Replies: 6 (184 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 06-25-2014 10:39 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who is itching to watch tonight's new episode.

To be honest I know the show is scripted to a point and for the most part any racing they do is on closed off roads, but there is some "chance" involved in what is going on, any time you have cars with that much power something can go wrong. I love all the characters they have built into the show, the high horsepower cars and stuff. This season, Farm Truck and Asian become the race masters so that Chief can get back to actually racing rather than setting up the races. Plus 2 of the other faster cars ditch the superchargers and move to Twin Turbo Big Inch Chevy motors.

I can't wait for tonight.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Farm Truck came to my shop last week. I didn't even know who he was. Another customer told me, then tried to poach my customer to sell him hoses.
Random comment...
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't watch that show, I gave it another try last night but it's so heavily scripted and fake it's unbearable.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't say its all fake, I'd say about 50/50 is. Its made for TV and hence is edited and shaped to what the producers want to show.

However a lot of the situations are similar to what happens in real life street racing. When I was active in the street racing scene, we used spotters with FRS radios, (before GMRS came out) We would block off side streets, and such.
Only real difference was our cars were slower, fastest car out was a low 10 second Vette, most cars were 13/14 second street cars. We almost never bet for money it was always a pride thing.

I have a great video of REAL racing, put together buy one of our guys back in the day. http://captfiero.com/videos/misc_non_fiero/6th.mpg There is one tiny split second you see me in my 85GT Fiero. Unfortunately the local news got better footage of me racing than the video did. I was never formally charged as they could not prove it was me driving. However I did get a nasty letter from our insurance company.

The video is like 60mb is size, so it will take time to download or buffer. However its totally worth the wait, one of the best real street racing videos made in my opinion.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just another scripted "reality" show.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont have cable so i haven seen anything past season one. They had the full episodes online for that first season but nothing since. Itbwas something to watch while workin on model or rc cars!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didnt see a new episode listed on my guide. I tried out a new one just like it called Fat & Furious with a bunch of overweight hot rodders in Ohio. It was stupid even if the cars were both cool.

I busted Street Outlaws good last year. They were all harping on sending out people to watch to warn them in case cops were close by and they could go to jail or get their car taken away. They were way out in the country where it was black. You could see in a few shots the big overhead floodlights and generators they needed to shoot with. Who in the world would not see a dark road lit up like a ball stadium?.....then in a few shots ( i had to freeze frame and back up to be sure), you could see police cars with their flashing lights all on blocking off the road for them to race.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock