Started on: 04-22-2014 09:20 AM
Replies: 25 (345 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-26-2014 11:18 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could not get the page to link correctly so I copied it, and moved it to my server.

http://captfiero.com/2014deadshows.htm

The ones that get me that might be dead,

The Tomorrow People, I really enjoy
Beauty and the Best Eh, its gotten kinda boring
Almost Human I kinda liked
The Crazy ones, who would have thought Robin Williams would get canned.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, I have given up caring about the comping and going of shows. It used to be that you had an entire season to see how a show progresses. Now, they give the show a handful of episodes to see what the ratings will do. Sigh...

But, thanks for posting, as I don't mean to dampen the thread.

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm happy to see Bob's Burgers was renewed.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I'm happy to see Bob's Burgers was renewed.

+1 I love Bob's Burgers!
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to see a couple go,
Rake
The Glades

But there was a few I seen going from a mile away..
Enlisted
Dracula
Almost Human
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fireboss

2248 posts
Member since Apr 2011
PS

does anyone remember a show called Pushing Daisies?

It was cancled a few years back ,but dang I missed that one.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't tease me on this, but I am glad they kept Hart of Dixie. Bonus is they have a Fiero that seems to show up in every 4th episode or so.

On the TV Topic has anyone caught Sin City Motors.
My favorite US car show is Counting Cars, but this Sin City motors may just take top spot. I mean in the pilot episode, they build a Twin Turbo SBC Rat Rod Salt Flats Racer. They don't just order all new stuff, they scavange parts from all over the place, even the tires/wheels were used. Only thing I saw in the entire built that was NEW was the 2 Turbo's and the Ignition. The budget got tight, and ended up drag racing a parts Woman to get a free driveshaft for the Customers Rat Rod.

Really reminded me of the way I built my V8 Fiero. Only things I bought new off the shelf was flywheel / ignition and motor mounts.
Its based in Las Vegas, at a shop called, WelderUp. Can't wait to see the next episode.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow People got boring after a while. Beauty & the Beast was the same. Arrow, same. Almost Human, bored after 5-6 episodes. Crazy Ones wasnt funny at all from the beginning. 2-3 were all I could take...even with Sarah Geller. Last show with Robin Williams that was actually funny that I saw was ' RV '. Of all the vampire shows, I did get hooked on Vampire Diaries, but after watching a couple seasons, even all the hot girls in it couldnt keep me tuned in.

On the other hand, I do like Continuum, Revolution, Believe, and Reincarnated.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

PS

does anyone remember a show called Pushing Daisies?

It was cancled a few years back ,but dang I missed that one.

Yes, I see reruns on I think Chiller or Pivot channel.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Law & Order: SVU NBC Renewal Predicted

Not surprised as it's one of the top rated shows (and has been one of my favorites for years) but I'll bet it's winding down. For those that watch it, the main character has had some "set backs" lately, undermining the strength she's shown for the past 15 years. I don't think Mariska Hargitay is "all that" but she HAS carried the show since Christopher Meloni left a few years ago. Once she's either gone or is shown to be human (in this case, read "weak"), it's all over. I give it one more season after this one.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Tomorrow People got boring after a while. Beauty & the Beast was the same. Arrow, same. Almost Human, bored after 5-6 episodes. Crazy Ones wasnt funny at all from the beginning. 2-3 were all I could take...even with Sarah Geller. Last show with Robin Williams that was actually funny that I saw was ' RV '. Of all the vampire shows, I did get hooked on Vampire Diaries, but after watching a couple seasons, even all the hot girls in it couldnt keep me tuned in.

Arrow is actually really good, the actors are just super inexperienced and the directing... well, it's a CW show so at least it's the best of those. But it's comic-book-y and a lot of fun.

I saw a ton of terrible shows being cancelled. I'm surprised Hannibal wasn't on the cancel prediction. I've heard it's fantastic but doesn't have a strong enough fan base. I'm going to pick it up soon now that I see this.
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I started watching Continuum because its shot in my hometown (Surrey BC) and I see a lot of familiar landmarks from both here and all around Vancouver. However kinda stopped watching after Season 2 ended. Revolution is one that I watch every week, but they have started to drag out, waiting and waiting for something to happen.

I don't think I have ever watched Believe or Reincarnated.

------------------

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fargo on FX is turning out to be just a twisted as the movie if you like that sort of show. Billy Bob Thornton is hilarious as the sociopath.

Black Sails a depiction of actual pirate life in the Caribbean. Some glossing over of real life, not as some called it, Deadwood with palm trees, but still above average.

Turn is a new show about a revolutionary war spy ring on Long Island. Three episode in and it looks like a keeper.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe and Resurrection are on Sunday nite prime time.

I love Hart of Dixie too. So many quirky people you have to laugh. I like Rachel Bilson...shes perfect for the part.

I like Black Sails too. The only thing that I dont like is all the town/land locked stories. Their pirates...I wanna see more sea battle...less bar fights. The last 2 episodes were great. Hopefully it gets renewed...theyre showing reruns now.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Fargo on FX is turning out to be just a twisted as the movie if you like that sort of show. Billy Bob Thornton is hilarious as the sociopath.

Black Sails a depiction of actual pirate life in the Caribbean. Some glossing over of real life, not as some called it, Deadwood with palm trees, but still above average.

Turn is a new show about a revolutionary war spy ring on Long Island. Three episode in and it looks like a keeper.

I was going to watch Fargo. I wasn't aware it had started.

Black Sails is awesome, but it's.. pretty cartoonish to be honest. I'm still giving it a chance to find itself.

Turn looks awesome! I don't know if I can afford another show right now but I may jump in later.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Believe and Resurrection are on Sunday nite prime time.

I love Hart of Dixie too. So many quirky people you have to laugh. I like Rachel Bilson...shes perfect for the part.

I like Black Sails too. The only thing that I dont like is all the town/land locked stories. Their pirates...I wanna see more sea battle...less bar fights. The last 2 episodes were great. Hopefully it gets renewed...theyre showing reruns now.

Yep Hart of Dixie is one of my favs.

Originally posted by RayOtton:

I tried to watch Fargo because of Kate Walsh (Private Practive and Grey's Anatomy) However not a fan of the Twisted genre

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else watch Mixology ? Its a sort of mix of Friends & Cheers. Whole show is in a bar where the girls are trying to find hookups and the guys are doing the same thing. So far its pretty hilarious. I know people like all of them. Ive got the hots for the waitress Kacey. Shes got a BIG nose, but for some reason I think shes incredibly sexy...and shes from Ohio.

http://abc.go.com/shows/mix.../kacey-character-bio

https://www.google.com/sear...Ike&biw=1600&bih=754

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-24-2014).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger, don't you watch Pretty Little Liars too? I can't take your suggestions seriously with that lol.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I love it. 1. its a good mystery I can keep guessing on...for 3 years now and still havent figured out who killed who. 2. Nice eye candy never hurts an old man. I love any mystery I cant figure out. I loved the whole series of Wild Things (4) movies too for the same reasons. Writers of those managed to weave in all kinds of plot twists and turns. In the first one with Denise Richards (#1 sex scene of all time,google it) you didnt know what was going on till the end of the credits. There were 2 more twists AFTER the end of the movie. I also like Elementary (Sherlock Holmes) and Castle. Shows like CSI dont interest me much because I figure out who done it by the 2nd commercial. Not much point in watching after that.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried giving it a shot. I watched the first season. The acting and terrible writing takes me way out of that show. Maybe you can enjoy it. I need a bit more quality in my shows.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish it were possible to resurrect Northern Exposure.
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been watching the From dusk till dawn:the series

Pretty good,not complety as the movie but very good story.I never a big fan of Flashbacks so that's my biggest gripe about the series,...

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 04-25-2014).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

+1

Top five show.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

I don't think they could ever recapture the same magic.

Gone forever.

OTOH, I thought this thread was going to be about.....

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Law & Order: SVU NBC Renewal Predicted

Not surprised as it's one of the top rated shows (and has been one of my favorites for years) but I'll bet it's winding down. For those that watch it, the main character has had some "set backs" lately, undermining the strength she's shown for the past 15 years. I don't think Mariska Hargitay is "all that" but she HAS carried the show since Christopher Meloni left a few years ago. Once she's either gone or is shown to be human (in this case, read "weak"), it's all over. I give it one more season after this one.

She gave notice then they begged her to stay when Christopher Meloni left. Wonder how much that cost them.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started watching it with a gf who watched. What made it even more interesting to me was everyone (at least their character) is like someone I know...so it was like watching real life drama for me. Most Hooter Girls here were drama queens. I like tv for information or entertainment. Entertaining for me dont have to be quality. Big Bang Theory and Anger Management arent quality in my opinion either but I watch them because I get to laugh a lot.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock