Click here to visit Black Top Racing | View all sponsors
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  So, how COLD has 2014 been for you so far ? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
So, how COLD has 2014 been for you so far ? by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 01-06-2014 01:33 AM
Replies: 68 (672 views)
Last post by: TK on 01-11-2014 07:59 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 145
Rate this member

01-06-2014 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTClick Here to Email CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seeing some parts of the country have been very cold, how COLD has 2014 been for you all so far ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 01-06-2014).]

IP: Logged

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

01-06-2014 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwClick Here to Email KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Around the 20's here. Supposed to stay in the low to mid 30's days for awhile.

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Click Here to Email rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Around 0°, but luckily it'll be getting into the 20s on Thursday and 30s by Friday! Wow, it'll be so warm. And we've gotten snow nonstop.

Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsClick Here to Email FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Going for the negatives here right now, sitting on 2....

Crappy cold.

Brad

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

01-06-2014 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Abnormally nippy. It's normally around or a bit above freezing. However, this afternoon it was 55° and now it's about 20 and dropping steadily. It'll be about 5° in the morning and won't move much beyond that all day. Projected to be -5° tomorrow night. In Tennessee.

We're not prepared for this. I hope Al Gore freezes his man boobs off.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 01-06-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 430
Rate this member

01-06-2014 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

30 here right now. We've had 4 hard freezes before now, with lots of nights hard frost.
Forecast calls for 24 around dayligt with a high of 33 later today. Low of 17 early tuesday morning.
Wind is brutal right now. I smoke but not in the house, so I went and sat in my truck to smoke--wind was rocking the truck and was hard to get the door back open when I got out.
I've seen it worse but not for about 5 years.
It will be back up to 73F friday tho.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

01-06-2014 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageClick Here to Email AusFieroSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hot humid and sweaty in this hemisphere.

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

01-06-2014 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't complain.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

01-06-2014 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As usual, we have the best weather in the country here. It's been hovering around the freezing mark the last couple of nights.

------------------

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsClick Here to Email FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well it was touch and go there for a bit, but we are now below zero here. Something that happens every 4 years or so in this area...
Wind chill is -20 right now as well, very low for here.

There for a few minutes we didn't have a temperature at all. Exciting times!

Brad

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

01-06-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneClick Here to visit yellowstone's HomePageSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not very.

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronClick Here to Email VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

-22 here at the moment

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 528
Rate this member

01-06-2014 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

-7*, 80* at the island.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-06-2014).]

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTClick Here to Email 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That map says it all. MN is damn cold.

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

01-06-2014 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blizzard conditions all day yesterday, 10 inches of new snow and -11 this morning. Was supposed to go back to work today after 2 weeks vacation but they shut down due to the weather. That's OK, I need to rest up

carnut122

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

01-06-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

24 this morning and now 20. I just finished thawing out a cold water pipe in my garage. I wrapped it with the fiberglass wrap that I about 20 years ago. Funny how frozen pipes can be a great motivator.

It's supposed to get down to 2 tonight. I even went out to check my anti-freeze on all of my vehicles. The one in worst shape is supposed to be good for -10 (crossing fingers). I even dug out a stocking cap and pair of gloves. I'm hoping they call off school again tomorrow.

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

01-06-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

-8° F as I type this. The forecast high for today is +2° F.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

its a tropical 36 degrees right now, but when you posted the first post it went to 22 below 0 that night when I was walking dogs at 9 PM that night.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Right around -50 or so with the wind chill.

Cold enough for me!

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (51)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My tolerant for the cold diminishes the older I get.
I would be happy if it stayed above 60 year round.
I don`t need season changes.
But at the same time , I was born in Texas and I`ll die here so I can`t complain.
It should be back above 50 about Wednesday.

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, the dash on my car said it was a pleasant 4° when I started it up this morning. Of course, it was high idling around 3200 rpm as it warmed up.... Rotary engines are endlessly amusing

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

01-06-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are forcast at -2 tonight. Being right next to Lake Erie tends to keep us a little warmer during these really cold spells than the mid-west gets. It is still a good deal colder than what we typically see in the winter.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

01-06-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About 58°F this morning. Getting down to 9°F by tomorrow morning.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

01-06-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageClick Here to Email TheDigitalAlchemistSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it's been cold, but when there's no wind, it's not so bad.

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Right around -50 or so with the wind chill.

Cold enough for me!

People from up north are all talking like this guy....
Click to show

Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

01-06-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiClick Here to Email KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Freezing here, every morning I get up its 70 F. That's colder than the water 78 this morning.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

01-06-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I woke up in Lafayette yesterday and it was 60. By the time I got up in Moore this morning is was like 8. On my drive home, by Shreveport my truck was just barely above the "C" (anymore) on my engine temperatures. It never even made it that high this morning coming into work. Diesel truck, that is normal for them, isn't it? I was thinking about putting a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator and plugging it in tonight. For the record it ran fine and was idled down within about 5 minutes of it sitting from a 15 hour cold start.

I personally dig the cold. I wore shorts all last week in Louisiana and the natives, as always, thought I was insane.

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

01-06-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My diesel (05 F-250 6.0) warms up GREAT. It gets to 190-ish and stays there no matter how cold it is outside. The best parts is with 15 qts of oil, 5 or so gallons of coolant and half a ton of cast iron it stays warm for a long time. If I get to work at 6:00 AM, it's still warm enough for a lunch run at 11:00!

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

01-06-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Currently sitting at -9F with a -32 wind chill... And everyone in the house has the freaking flu... To say this sucks would be an understatement...

fastblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bonneville told me -24 this morning on my way to work, just went to the bank and it said -12 still........

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

01-06-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageClick Here to Email Darth FieroSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

-14 here right now as I type this, NOT INCLUDING the wind chill.

We had about 6" of snow on the ground all week then got another 10+" yesterday. I plowed the driveway last night when it was 32 deg outside. By 1am, temp had dropped to about 3 above and the wind kicked up to 20-30mph. Today I went out and you can't even tell I plowed at all yesterday because of the drifting.

Of course we have been under a public road travel ban since yesterday evening. The mail didn't even come today.

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 01-06-2014).]

fastblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

Of course we have been under a public road travel ban since yesterday evening. The mail didn't even come today.

So you're telling me that you are not allowed to travel? Here in IA they just say that it is not advised...can't say I ever recall hearing them "ban" travel but I could be wrong.

bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceClick Here to Email bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was outside cleaning the side walk in shorts and t-shirt this morning at 6 am, was 45F, by 3pm was 0f and not expected to get above 3f tomorrow. This up and down temp is killing me.

dan

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

My diesel (05 F-250 6.0) warms up GREAT. It gets to 190-ish and stays there no matter how cold it is outside. The best parts is with 15 qts of oil, 5 or so gallons of coolant and half a ton of cast iron it stays warm for a long time. If I get to work at 6:00 AM, it's still warm enough for a lunch run at 11:00!

How do you know what temperature it gets? I have 3 or 4. None say temperature. I just took my daily on a 2000 mile trip. It was close to cold the entire time. Coolant temp. Other gauges fine. It had heat. Never got to temp until middle of Louisiana. It was cold in Louisiana last week.. for Louisiana.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea what the official low was, don't care. The wind, she was a blow'n.

All I'll say is this, trips to the two holer out house were infrequent and short.

------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 341
Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are closing school because of the "cold" tomorrow around here..... I my day I had to walk to school.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know if I made my comments clear. My truck "warmed" up this morning. Are you taking a reading off of your vents? I can check with my IR thermometer, but my truck gauge never got warm this morning and was cold while the temperatures dropped. I have literally a handful of F-Series and Super Duty. I currently have 3 6.0 diesel. I only noted mine. I typically plug my truck in for cold, but I didn't last night as I was in Lafayette Louisiana earlier that day and hadn't read the weather. I keep MY driver in very tight repair. My employees are encouraged to do the same, but cannot say for certain what their exact experience was... Mine started this morning and ran. As did at least 3 others. I am just asking how you know operating temperatures, where you got them. I know IL is cold. How cold? As I say, our trucks ran. Mine never got "gauge" warm.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

They are closing school because of the "cold" tomorrow around here..... I my day I had to walk to school.

Rules like that and you're still a live at home idiot... What the hell kind of youth is being raised now?

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 01-06-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Click Here to Email fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The weather here in Orlando Florida is in the 60's and is AWESOME.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

01-06-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How do you know what temperature it gets? I have 3 or 4. None say temperature. I just took my daily on a 2000 mile trip. It was close to cold the entire time. Coolant temp. Other gauges fine. It had heat. Never got to temp until middle of Louisiana. It was cold in Louisiana last week.. for Louisiana.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock