Started on: 06-20-2013 11:04 AM
Replies: 92 (2234 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-26-2023 08:19 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I've been tamed some Jake, but I can can get wild again..tho probably not physically for a long haul.

1. Keep your honor lean.
2. See something..say something.
3. See sig
4. My life and property is no more valuable than anyone else's.

Unless they come to your back yard (I hope it never comes to that) you will not be given the chance.
But thank you for standing up for what you believe in.

I don't believe I am more or less important (valuable) than anyone else.
But there are those that do and would sell you out for a shiny new phone.

Yes see something say something but you better be right, if you are wrong you own that **** and I don't see a lot of that going on anywhere in the world.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(that was supposed to say 'keep your honor Clean' )

Yes see something say something but you better be right, if you are wrong you own that **** and I don't see a lot of that going on anywhere in the world.

No ya don't..and why would you? People generally tend to follow examples that are set by authority figures and high ranking mucky mucks.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-01-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Thank you.
It's incredibly important to me that you think so.

You're welcome.

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I didn't "visit the riots".

In American English, the period always goes before the end-quote, without exception.

In British English, the period usually goes after the end-quote, unless it's part of what's being quoted.

Since you're an American, correct grammar would be to place the period (and commas) before the end quote. It's just one of the things our founding fathers did to help distinguish us from everyone else. There are separate rules for parenthetical references, question marks, and so forth.

This just happened ... you just learned something from me, and you will never be able to forget it now. Every time you have a sentence that ends with a quote, you'll think of me.

... and since I know you'll look it up: https://www.thepunctuationg...quotation-marks.html
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still wouldn't support it though... Freedom of Speech has to sides... other people have the same freedoms.

too
two
to
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

too
two
to

Yes, but there's a difference between a type-o, and poor grammar. We all know I meant to put "two."

That mistake happens from typing too quickly. Poor grammar occurs from being uneducated.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Freedom of Speech should be freedom of speech !

If I have to rent to a minority, if I have to serve a minority, if I have to bake a wedding cake for a queer, how come can anyone, any company, limit my freedom of speech ?

NPR Weatherman Fired for Accurately Describing Dystopian Seattle

Aug 10, 2020

A weatherman for a National Public Radio (NPR) affiliate in Tacoma has been taken off the air for a personal blog post that shows in vivid detail the destruction two months of incessant rioting and protests have wrecked on Seattle.

The NPR affiliate took issue with Cliff Mass’ comparison of the destruction in Seattle to Kristallnacht, the ‘Night of Broken Glass’ in 1938, where rioters destroyed Jewish-owned stores, buildings, and houses of worship while German authorities looked on without intervention and even encouraged the violence,” and, of course, the general population did nothing to stop it.

“This is the passage that got him into trouble: ‘Seattle has experienced a summer of fear and failure, with criminal activities reminiscent of Nazi Germany during the 1930s. During that time, thugs and anarchists broke the windows of Jewish businesses throughout Germany, painted offensive statements on walls, and threatened those that opposed them. Now Seattle has had it Kristallnacht and the photos of what occurred during the past weeks are eerily similar to those of 80 years ago.’ …

“On Wednesday, Mass posted this article to his personal blog describing a recent trip to downtown Seattle and the devastation he saw there, with pictures. ‘Take a walk around downtown Seattle. You will be shocked by a shuttered, dystopian city and made angry by the inaction and ineptness of its political leadership. It is simply beyond words.’

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess that violates the Conservation of (Cliff) Mass.

Or the "Conversation of Mass"... two puns for the price of one.

I followed the Rush Limbaugh blog entry to a somewhat longer report at The Post Millennial.

"NPR fires weatherman for comparing Seattle riots to Germany in 1938 on his personal blog"

A weatherman for a NPR has been taken off the air for a personal blog post that shows in vivid detail the destruction two months of incessant rioting and protests have wrecked on Seattle.
Ari Hoffman for The Post Millennial; August 7, 2020.
https://thepostmillennial.c...s-to-germany-in-1938

It's a good report, and it puts flesh on the bones of the Rush Limbaugh blog post. I would put it alongside this other report, from the Seattle Times:

"KNKX takes meteorologist Cliff Mass off the air after he likens Seattle protest actions to 1938 Nazi pogrom"
Christine Clarridge for the Seattle Times; August 7, 2020.
https://www.seattletimes.co...amous-kristallnacht/

It's not the first time that the Cornell University and University of Washington-educated meteorologist Cliff Mass--who's been something of a "celebrity scientist" in the Seattle area--has clashed with a public radio station:

"Veering off-topic, outspokenness led to meteorologist’s split with KUOW radio"

Seattle public radio station KUOW has given the boot to popular meteorologist Cliff Mass' Friday weather segment.

Mass said the station was particularly peeved over his occasional forays into math education and the controversy over which textbooks to use in local schools. But the final straw came last month, when Mass weighed in to defend and clarify UW’s admission policies after The Seattle Times reported some straight-A local students were being rejected in favor of higher-paying out-of-state applicants.
Sandi Doughton for the Seattle Times; May 20, 2011.
https://www.seattletimes.co...lit-with-kuow-radio/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-17-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2020 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
I followed the Rush Limbaugh blog entry to a somewhat longer report at The Post Millennial.

I did not learn of this from Rush. Goggle clicks I used till the Rusk link did not include the weatherman's words. Rush's did include his words.

Originally posted by rinselberg:
It's not the first time that the Cornell University and University of Washington-educated meteorologist Cliff Mass--who's been something of a "celebrity scientist" in the Seattle area--has clashed with a public radio station:

Forays about political topics ? Math ? Was it Common Core math ? The controversy over which textbooks to use in local schools ? It is real, of every parent across the nation. Criticizing a State publicly funded higher education entity for not serving it's own State's residents ?

The man has opinions ... including political ones. Shoot him. NPR radio believes the public can not consider opposing opinions ?

NPR receives grants from the Government. The Government should not be financing violations of free speech.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-17-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2022 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are having votes in the House and Senate for body leadership.

Why do they not have debates among the candidates ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2022 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35920 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I would think this should be moved to Politics / Religion.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2022 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are having votes in the House and Senate for body leadership.

Why do they not have debates among the candidates ?

They do, but not public.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2022 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I scrolled over the pages of this old thread. It was nice to see Boondawg's name again, but then I also noticed Furgal's... so I guess it's a wash.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2023 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump.

"For A Better America" should always be an ongoing discussion.

How to take overtake the United States of America. In eight steps.

1) Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people

2) Poverty — Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).

6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children learn in school.

7) Religion — Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.

8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock