Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Starting a Business in Ohio.. an Odyssey of paperwork, fees, and other madness (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Starting a Business in Ohio.. an Odyssey of paperwork, fees, and other madness by tbone42
Started on: 05-11-2012 01:02 AM
Replies: 235 (3687 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 07-08-2020 08:38 PM
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We did it, ma. We did it.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 01-29-2013).]

IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:
...We did it, ma. We did it.

Originally posted by Raydar:

I won't wish you luck, since you already said that you make your own.
But you're going to do well.

I told ya' so!

Normally I'm not one to blatantly toss that one out there. I hope you'll allow me, this time, in the spirit in which it's given.

Congrats! Ya' done good!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-05-2012).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Normally I don't like giving other people credit when they tell me, rightly, about myself. I will make a special exception this time. Thanks Raydar.. now... back to work.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the invite. All I did was eat and drink, never thought of this as "helping". In that case, I promise to help all I can in the future!
I'm looking forward to next month, sounds like it's going to be great.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been doing a lot of painting with acrylics, and i am making 4x4 canvas pictures for sale pretty cheap. Would make a good stocking stuffer.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very good art show, thanks again to Ang84Indy for showing up yet AGAIN.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have accepted the idea of having very little personal time for a while. After all, there is work to be done.

I know the feeling. I have been working ten and one half hours, five days a week, and nine hours on the sixth. My free time now is carefully managed. Good luck and success with your business! Owning a business is a 24/7/365 affair.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I know the feeling. I have been working ten and one half hours, five days a week, and nine hours on the sixth. My free time now is carefully managed. Good luck and success with your business! Owning a business is a 24/7/365 affair.

I did not know you were back in the game. Congratulations! That old saying, if you want it done right, do it yourself.. well, if we all did that, we would all be pretty busy.

Our facebook went kinda viral this week... we usually were running about 2-300 views a week and jumped into the 1100s with the new gallery opening. Hope to keep the ball rolling, but as of this moment we do not have another local artist to show in January.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2012 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things are doing well... we are in the slow season, so keeping the bills paid is good enough for me. Should start heating up when tax $$$ comes back.. thats usually our busiest season.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2012 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cudos to you. I know it is hard enough to open a new business even in an economy like ours that is doing good. It must be hard to take that leap int he USA at present.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gallery Opening tomorrow night (January 5th) from 6 to 9pm. Public is welcome, refreshments to be served.

PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freaking awesome, dude! Congrats!

I just wished I lived closer.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear things are moving along. Will you be posting up some pictures?
Ang84Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there, fashionably late, as usual...
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Glad to hear things are moving along. Will you be posting up some pictures?

If you mean here, no. I reinstalled PIP a couple times a bit back and it always times out every time I use it now.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

If you mean here, no. I reinstalled PIP a couple times a bit back and it always times out every time I use it now.

Try changing the name of the picture to tgghd or ygh or hhyt or something like that.
It is how I get mine to work.
Normal stuff like Bike or A or 1 don't work for me.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great gallery opening. Still looking fo an artist to display in February... really the only source of stress in my life right now is curating the gallery shows. Half the year is still available for shows, but it is starting to fill up.

Do you smell that? Smells like tax refunds.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No artist for February opening. We are filled up for the rest of 2013 otherwise.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am now entering Month #40 (Year 3.5) of the shop. Where I started and where I am feels light years apart. It was put up fast and dirty, and I have spent the last 3 and a half years fixing up stuff as time and budget allows. I had to pay taxes at every level this year, so you know despite that being in the black is a good thing. Actually, if it wasn't for me wanting unnecessary but helpful equipment, I would have been in the black in 2013 and 2014 as well. I'm a gear nut, what can I say?

About 14 mos ago I got divorced, and I had no clue if I was going to be able to make it on my own and keep the shop open. I devoted the last year to making my shop pay instead of making it bigger/better and it worked just in time before Uncle Sam called what I do a "hobby".

I am taking on a student who wants to learn how to tattoo. He is a year older than me, has some experience being on the outside looking in .. and that hunger and maturity is going to make him better than most starting out.

I am also remodeling the upstairs.. electric upgrade is done, plumbing is next. It will make a nice apartment for someone, maybe even me if I can't get this refi to go through on my house. It's wonderfully insulated up there, no heat necessary it never really drops below 60 up there. Eventually I will put in a few baseboard units.

I have been teaching painting classes in a sit and sip environment. (Basically a group of friends pays me to tell them how to make a painting while they get snookered..) It's fun, most of my students are women, all different ages. Even had an old Betty grab my caboose once.

I am finally getting to where I want to be. It wasn't easy. I had to work at a restaurant for over a year to save up the money to get it started in 2011-2012... now I have local people actually address my success as if it were only a nice piece of luck. Cracks me up.. coming home smelling like cooking grease, ruining all my clothes and getting cut and burned constantly over the course of a year is the idea of luck to some. ANYONE can do this if you are dedicated enough and willing to go through unpleasant kitchen work and save your money. Anyone.

Gonna be here a long time, feel free to check my progress now and then:
www.facebook.com/NorthSouthStudios/

-Ted
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad its working out for you. Being also in Ohio, just make sure all your remodeling is in code and properly permitted. Ive seen some real nitemares here when it wasnt. One guy had to tear down and rebuild his brand new 2 car garage because of a 1 foot discrepancy with code. Another, even way out in the country had to dig up and replace a brand new in ground concrete pool. Good luck with whatever you do.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, everything is done to code, thankfully most jobs I do fall under the minimum project cost to require permits. Doing things yourself/for trade with professionals helps keep it on the cheap. When did you go to Belize? (Not that I blame you..)
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's about a 3 hour drive from where I am going.
Perhaps I can swing by on my drive home in April

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 02-21-2016).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm happy that your bidness is going well.

Keep on keepin' on!
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you're doing well. I enjoyed the FB page. Very nice artwork. Watch out for those old ladies.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Saturday I will be making the three-hour drive to get my tattoo
I'm stoked I can't wait
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep got a little something something scheduled up with Jake, now my third PFFer tattoo client. I'll get you all.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the thing... I'm thinking that I want to get some ink. But I don't want to just do something "random".
OTOH, I'm really not that passionate about anything. It really should mean something... Right?

Maybe I just need to wait. (The positive aspect of this, is that I'm not in a hurry.)

Have you ever talked to someone else in the same boat? What did you recommend?
Must be able to wear short sleeves and not "show". Work. Office environment, etc... blah blah blah.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's the thing... I'm thinking that I want to get some ink. But I don't want to just do something "random".
OTOH, I'm really not that passionate about anything. It really should mean something... Right?

Maybe I just need to wait. (The positive aspect of this, is that I'm not in a hurry.)

Must be able to wear short sleeves and not "show". Work. Office environment, etc... blah blah blah.

I started by hanging the picture I wanted in my office on the wall
That way I could get used to looking at it and if I didn't grow tired of it I knew it was something I wanted
If someone would ask me about it I would tell them exactly what it is just to see what their reaction was not that it mattered what other peoples opinions are
I have had this idea in my mind for about a year now several pictures have been put on the wall only to be taken down a couple weeks later
I did break that plan with my first tattoo I only had it up on the wall for about two weeks before I got it
But it had meaning to me and the timing was right
I also won't do a random tattoo just because I want to get some ink

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I started by hanging the picture I wanted in my office on the wall
That way I could get used to looking at it and if I didn't grow tired of it I knew it was something I wanted
If someone would ask me about it I would tell them exactly what it is just to see what their reaction was not that it mattered what other peoples opinions are
I have had this idea in my mind for about a year now several pictures have been put on the wall only to be taken down a couple weeks later
I did break that plan with my first tattoo I only had it up on the wall for about two weeks before I got it
But it had meaning to me and the timing was right
I also won't do a random tattoo just because I want to get some ink
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

As much as I love my Fieros... no.
Maybe a Pontiac arrowhead. But probably not even that.

I'll do something music-related first.
My all time favorite artist is Warren Zevon, but I still can't think of anything related that I'd have inked on my arm.

Maybe "Splendid Isolation".

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-05-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it over there and back without any incident with trucker or traffic
I love the tattoo Can't wait to go back and get the color put in
I will post a picture after a couple days and it has healed up and the red is gone
It was great meeting you hopefully the next trip I can hang out a little more
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone hear from TBone in a while?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Anyone hear from TBone in a while?

Actually, no. I haven't.
And the Facebook link doesn't work.

Hope things are okay. It might be a b!tch to be in that business, just now.

Edit - I found this. Maybe the place.
https://getinked.net/practi...tudios-tattoos-18535

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-08-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, no. I haven't.
And the Facebook link doesn't work.

Hope things are okay. It might be a b!tch to be in that business, just now.

Edit - I found this. Maybe the place.
https://getinked.net/practi...tudios-tattoos-18535

That is his shop but I know at one point he was trying to sell it.
Was planning on moving into a van down by the river.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/119668.html

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

That is his shop but I know at one point he was trying to sell it.
Was planning on moving into a van down by the river.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/119668.html

I had forgotten about that thread. Even though I posted in it.
I hope he's doing okay.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock