Started on: 05-20-2011 10:00 AM
Replies: 176 (8084 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-31-2018 01:24 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

RAS47

I really want and need to make a good all-weather table, and one that will keep all that brass off the ground. I shoot in one of the pastures while the cows are in another and leaving brass on the ground is a big no-no. Cows are bad about ingesting metal objects while they graze and it causes big problems in their rumen--it even has a name-- hardware disease.

I have something like this in mind:

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-14-2016).]

IP: Logged
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO, attaching a brass catcher to the rifle might be more effective. That assumes such a thing is available for your rifle, I'm not sure.

Another idea would be to get an old blanket. Fire a couple test shots to see where the brass lands, then spread out the blanket.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 11-14-2016).]

Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you guys seen these beauties? There are several different types available on Etsy including this one. And very reasonably priced. I was looking at the site while in Thailand which is why you see Thai Baht.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty... is it a display piece? I imagine the finish would wear off the wood after a few uses.
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it's a functional mag loader. It's just hand made and finished nice. The slick surface helps with the loading. You can also find unfinished ones as well as engraved ones. I got one for my AR that has "MOLON LABE" engraved. I believe it was $40 plus shipping. The plastic Maglula unit costs over $400. That's just crazy money.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 1884 Springfield .45-70 infantry rifle that I traded a black powder rifle to get. Anybody know where I might find an original style sling for it?

[This message has been edited by johnt671 (edited 11-14-2016).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to find or make one for loading stripper clips.
Gotta be a better way than this: (and no, I don't want to convert to an aftermarket mag.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2017 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a couple new toys.

They both use custom-made lower receivers, with M16A2 markings.

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I got a couple new toys.

NICE.

Is that M203 operational?

If so, I might know someone with some rounds for it.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The M203 is a non-functional replica. I built both of those rifles to scratch a nostalgic itch. But I plan on shooting the M16A2 clone quite a bit.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Taurus PT145 (.45 cal) Millennium PRO with a Crimson Trace CMR-201 laser. I have a custom Kydex holster on order as NOTHING off the shelf fits this combo (other than the ultra generic yaqui style holsters that fit EVERYTHING). Sweet little gun for those of us with small hands and the true desire to carry concealed (not as a show piece to try and impress others).

All I need now is 12 round Taurus 24/7 mag (in .45 cal, of course) and a $10 mag sleeve (to cover the extra 1/2" of mag).

EDIT: Not an actual pic of my gun but identical except for the s/n. Didn't feel like getting out the camera, "posing" the gun, editing the size of the pic, etc, etc.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 05-25-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a bayonet for the M16A2 replica. It's a mil-surp M7 bayonet.

And here's a re-post of the M16 / M203 replica, since I ditched PhotoPhucket.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I literally thought this was going to be a thread about guns that were made out of candy.

EDIT: I missed the part where it said "eye" candy... heh, I must have just read "firearm candy."

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 01-08-2018).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I literally thought this was going to be a thread about guns that were made out of candy.

EDIT: I missed the part where it said "eye" candy... heh, I must have just read "firearm candy."

Bout time you gitchoo one and contribute to the thread
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Bout time you gitchoo one and contribute to the thread

I know, I want one, but I move around every 3 years for work, and I just don't want an additional complication with the move... but I will get one, one day.

I almost got one when I thought Hillary was going to win... hahah...
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently assembled another AR-15. This one is chambered for 9x19mm, so I can shoot at indoor ranges that don't allow rifles.

And here I'm at an indoor range, breaking it in.

Recoil is light, and it's fairly accurate. It's also pretty lightweight, which makes it really maneuverable. I think I'm going to enjoy this new toy.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2018 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shot one of these recently.
Now I want one.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-31-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave