Started on: 05-20-2011 10:00 AM
Replies: 176 (8085 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-31-2018 01:24 PM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:
How do you like your RIA?

Love it. Shoots a little more accurately than the Glock. My thought is because of the weight of the gun, not the brand. I can control the recoil on the RIA a lot easier, and can consistently get grapefruit sized groupings. Close to same with the Glock, but I have a tendency to shoot a stray now and then with the Glock. It is less forgiving. As I said earlier, I did not like the stock grips on the RIA. They were bulky (thick), smooth, (I prefer texture) and they were unfinished.(no gloss) I put a basic set of Hogue grips on it, and it's all good.

Jim

Edit for the page three ownage!

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 02-16-2012).]

IP: Logged
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

I wanted to say damn Gonzalez, you have enough? How fun!

HaHaaa ! Never enough ! Although I am down some of the wartime stuff due to my GF leaving and taking them , I am slowly replacing them !

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my opinion the MG42/34 is the sexiest gun ever made
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

HaHaaa ! Never enough ! Although I am down some of the wartime stuff due to my GF leaving and taking them , I am slowly replacing them !

Sounds like you need to use a weapon on that ex girlfriend.

Jim

Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Sounds like you need to use a weapon on that ex girlfriend.

Jim

LOL, nah...i think she did me a favor now that I can look back on it. More upset over the rifles leaving then her....but they are replaceable !

Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My daily carry gun

Colt Defender Plus in .45 cal

In her holster
Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bullet

797 posts
Member since Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

More upset over the rifles leaving then her....but they are replaceable !

So is she....
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bullet:

My daily carry gun

Colt Defender Plus in .45 cal

Great choice ! I like Springfield Champion 45 for winter, and I like the 1911's so much I got a Sig P238 (Colt Mustang) .380 for summer light clothing carry.

Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike Gonzalez

5093 posts
Member since Jul 2001

So is she....

Already taken care of !!

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In her holster

Nice holster. Is that pressed leather, or some type of exotic skin?

Jim

Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice holster. Is that pressed leather, or some type of exotic skin?

Jim

It's chocolate ostridge leather.
A local guy here in Atlanta made it for me. He just does it as a hobby. Nicest holster I have.

PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's chocolate ostridge leather.
A local guy here in Atlanta made it for me. He just does it as a hobby. Nicest holster I have.

Is the Ostrich tough enough to holster, or is it just placed over regular leather as window dressing. Either way, it is awesome.

Jim

Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is the Ostrich tough enough to holster, or is it just placed over regular leather as window dressing. Either way, it is awesome.

Jim

The main body of the holster is a good black leather with the Ostrich stitched over it for aesthetics. Thanks....the guy does some really nice work.

and now back to some more gun **** .
Heres my Kimber Stainless Target II in 9mm

And this is the wife using it as a paper punch.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haven't posted a pic in a while. well that didn't work.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 02-16-2012).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking into getting this Sig Sauer C3 Crimson Trace, they call it.. But it's not approved for California.. Anyone know why?

but then if that wasn't going to be possible I was going to get this one.. Something about the color schemes. Can you tell. I prefer the 4" barrel as well, really. Kimber Ultra CDPII... Is this one nice to shoot; even-weight with little kick?

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 02-17-2012).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was looking into getting this Sig Sauer C3 Crimson Trace, they call it.. But it's not approved for California.. Anyone know why?

Usually it's because of the magazine being higher than 10 rounds, but that is just a 7+1. I just spent 30 minutes on Google, and can't find a clear answer. Maybe e-mail Sig Sauer to find out why. It's not MA compliant either. Strange.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
It doesn't have a threaded barrel either. I posted this on my gun forum. This is bugging the snot out of me.

Jim
SSG Larry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SSG LarrySend a Private Message to SSG LarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 15 shotguns and rifles but I want is one http://www.weatherby.com/pr...arkv_tr/markv_trr_rc
aqua-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aqua-manSend a Private Message to aqua-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SSG Larry I love my Weatherby Mark V Deluxe in .300 WBY magnum. http://www.weatherby.com/pr.../rifles/markv/deluxe This is the firearm I got for investing in the bank of Boulder Colorado a number of years ago. I got the gun, soft leather case, Aluminum dbl gun case, Weatherby 3-9 scope, leather sling with my initials and a 8 cartridge belt looped ammo pouch for investing $2800.00 for 3 years. This was a great deal and a great firearm. It prints less than 1" at 100 yards.

Earl
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few of my guns...
This is a numbers matching Mosin Nagant and my Grandfather's M1 Carbine he carried in the war..

This is an all original 1877 Colt Double Action..

This is the S&W 38 my great grandfather carried as the Sherrif of Meigs County..

This is my Mackrov 9mm and my Iver Johnson .25

This was my grandfather's favorite rifle.. a .22LR Mossberg

This is my all original 1831 Springfield. It even has the initials of the Union solder who carried it, carved in the stock..

I have several more, but those are the pics I have available at the moment.
Randy

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 06-28-2012).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Here are a few of my guns...
This is a numbers matching Mosin Nagant and my Grandfather's M1 Carbine he carried in the war..

I have several more, but those are the pics I have available at the moment.
Randy

Your mosin is missing some parts.
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Your mosin is missing some parts.

Yea I know. I have been watching the gun shows to pick them up. My springfield is too.. So is my Colt DA. Slowly but surely.. They will be complete

The Mossberg 22lr went to the gunsmith today. I took it to the range and the bolt keeps jamming. Had two bullets explode in the chamber today at the range, trying to clear it. I cleaned it when I got it, but the gunsmith said given the age, it will likely need to be torn down and have a little work done.

But it should be some nice when I get it back! It is dead on with the scope.. When It fired.. It hits exactly what you are aiming at. at 25 yards I put 3 in a row between Zombie Bob's eyes.

n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two safes that are full of long stuff and short stuff. Not going to even try to show them.
I switch off two different carry guns both in 9mm. One full size and the other a compact.
I have hand guns in 22, 38, 357, 45, 9mm. Multiples of each.
Best gun I paid the least for: Dan Wesson Pointman Major. At the time I bought it, it was worth about double what I paid. The reason the seller was selling was that it more often than not jammed on loading the next round. I knew what the problem was and did the easy fix. The extractor was bent. Now I have a high end target 45 that shoots better than I can hold it.
I have several long guns that can reach out and touch someone at a LONG way downrange. I have several that are for medium to short range. Some bolt action, some falling block, some semiauto, some lever action.
Shotguns? Yes, several in fact. All but one in 12 ga. The other one is 20 ga Franchi and couldn't pass on the price. Still haven't shot it after almost two years of owning it.
SSG Larry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SSG LarrySend a Private Message to SSG LarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aqua-man:

SSG Larry I love my Weatherby Mark V Deluxe in .300 WBY magnum. http://www.weatherby.com/pr.../rifles/markv/deluxe This is the firearm I got for investing in the bank of Boulder Colorado a number of years ago. I got the gun, soft leather case, Aluminum dbl gun case, Weatherby 3-9 scope, leather sling with my initials and a 8 cartridge belt looped ammo pouch for investing $2800.00 for 3 years. This was a great deal and a great firearm. It prints less than 1" at 100 yards.

Earl

I have the same in 270 WBY Mag, I got it used for $800 15 years ago.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of my more recent purchases....

Cobray M-11

VMAC-45

SS Mini-14 Target model with Nikon Scope

Norinco SKS

Glock 34

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought this a couple days ago. Its a Kel-Tec P11 9mm. Nothing fancy. I took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it to start breaking it in and had zero problems so now its time to take it apart, clean it, and tweak it a little (polishing parts to smooth the trigger mostly). I generally don't like subcompacts since I can't get a good grip on them but I can get a magazine extension and a Hogue slip-on grip to fix that so no worries.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

I just bought this a couple days ago. Its a Kel-Tec P11 9mm. Nothing fancy. I took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it to start breaking it in and had zero problems so now its time to take it apart, clean it, and tweak it a little (polishing parts to smooth the trigger mostly). I generally don't like subcompacts since I can't get a good grip on them but I can get a magazine extension and a Hogue slip-on grip to fix that so no worries.

That's a good gun once you get used to the trigger. There are higher capacity mags available if you want. I used "Tractiongrips" ( http://tractiongrips.com/catalog/c3_p1.html ) on my PF-9 but many say the Hogue is a good way to go. I didn't want to add any bulk to the grip. I just wanted the roughness of the grip to be more comfortable. Sent you a pm with a good forum for Kel-Tec.

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm familiar with that forum. I've been thinking about signing up there too but so far I've just been reading through some posts. I just tore the gun apart to clean up the flashing on the plastic grip and give it a good cleaning. Pretty simple gun.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:This was my grandfather's favorite rifle.. a .22LR Mossberg

That is a pretty gun

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

That is a pretty gun

Thank you I can't wait to get it back from the gunsmith!
Oh yea, it is a M51 Semi Automatic.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 02-21-2012).]

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tweaked my Kel-Tec. I ordered some parts direct from the manufacturer to make it a little nicer: trigger shoe (clips over standard trigger to make it wider and more comfortable to shoot), a mag extension/pinky rest, belt clip, and metal recoil spring rod. All that's left that I want to do to it is add a Hogue rubber slip-on grip.

I've only got 100 rounds through it but so far no problems. The gun itself is cheaply made so the fit/finish isn't fantastic but after cleaning up the flashing along the mold lines and a few parts to make it more comfortable to handle its really not bad.

PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!! I should be getting something soon. Looking into an Armscor 1911 Tactical nickle plated. I can get it for a tad over $500. Anyone familiar with the brand or should I run away??
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Bump!! I should be getting something soon. Looking into an Armscor 1911 Tactical nickle plated. I can get it for a tad over $500. Anyone familiar with the brand or should I run away??

From what I understand Armscor makes RIA, just a little more refined. However for over 500, I would be looking at the Ruger 1911.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-15-2012 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one of these..

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a semi related note what do you guys clean your weapons with? I had a buddy introduce me to a product called Frog Lube. About 500 rounds through the gun with it and no complaints.
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a ps90 but this is just a stock photo from the net, it looks exactly like it though scope and extended barrel in black.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but then if that wasn't going to be possible I was going to get this one.. Something about the color schemes. Can you tell. I prefer the 4" barrel as well, really. Kimber Ultra CDPII... Is this one nice to shoot; even-weight with little kick?

I've shot the Kimber Ultra Raptor, same gun with different cosmetics. It's got a healthy kick, but nothing unmanageable and it's a VERY comfortable gun to hold and shoot. I'm planning on adding one of the Kimber Ultra models to my system, as soon as I decide which one.

FYI, you can get the CDP-II in 4" as well as 5". The 4" model is the Pro CDP-II and the 5" is the Classic CDP-II.

Another one you might consider is the Super Carry Pro (4").
The rounded butt makes it more comfortable for carry. It also comes in a 3" Ultra size but the rounded butt is lost due to the shortness of the grip. And they also make a hybrid version - the Ultra+ which uses the full size grip on a 3" gun.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001
I've been looking at various concealed carry options and found nothing but great reviews of the Sig P238. That's awesome, but I'm not a big fan of the .380. Well, I found out that Sig is bringing out the P938 this year which is the same gun in 9mm. Just slightly longer barrel, I think. Very close in size.

Here's a review of the P238 for comparison. I haven't seen any video of the P938 yet, other than talking to the Sig guys at Shot Show 2012.

FYI, for size comparison, Hickok45 makes any gun he holds look smaller than it is. The dude is 6' 8"

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-15-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

FYI, for size comparison, Hickok45 makes any gun he holds look smaller than it is. The dude is 6' 8"

that explains it. I was watching some of his stuff, thinking about replacing my backup/pocket carry tomcat 32, and everything he was showing seemed tiny. But when i went to the store, they weren't.

Going to end up with a keltec 380. I cant afford what i want ( a 2nd Kahr , but a tiny polymer version ), but after hearing some bad things about the slide on the tomcat, it needs to go, so I'm going to have to compromise a bit.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of Xmas presents i bought myself last december finally came in, YAY!

Attached to my Glock 19

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 06-25-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay