Firearm Eye Candy by Bullet
Started on: 05-20-2011 10:00 AM
Replies: 176 (8084 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-31-2018 01:24 PM
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

It is going to be sold, to big and heavy for daily carry. I do kinda like it, shoots nice, no issues, and the slide finish is awesome; but I hate the grips on it, they have no grip and are too thick to my liking.

My AK47 is out for servicing at the moment, something I couldn't fix, so no pics of it yet. That is going to be sold too

If you like the gun why not just replace the grips? I assume standard 1911 grips would fit.
IP: Logged
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

If you like the gun why not just replace the grips? I assume standard 1911 grips would fit.

'Cause it is too large and heavy for daily carry. And I am allowed only 1 handgun at a time now
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And I am allowed only 1 handgun at a time now

jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

'Cause it is too large and heavy for daily carry. And I am allowed only 1 handgun at a time now

Allowed? By whom?

Jim

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

I'm down anytime though I'm not so sure about the couple thousand rounds. .40 is getting expensive! Been meaning to go shoot with Gabe (my Volvo buddy) if we can ever get it together. Maybe we could all get together and talk guns 'n Volvos!

We went skeet last night over my buddies pond. I'll be damned if I didn't buy 20 gauge and not 12 gauge shells. I only had about 11 shells with me. We just got drunk and popped of a few boxes 45.

------------------
If 1 vest is thin, then rock 2 vest.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

We went skeet last night over my buddies pond. I'll be damned if I didn't buy 20 gauge and not 12 gauge shells. I only had about 11 shells with me. We just got drunk and popped of a few boxes 45.

Thats real smuckin fart! Get dunk and "THEN" play with guns.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-22-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alcohol and firearms never mix.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Thats real smuckin fart! Get dunk and "THEN" play with guns.

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Alcohol and firearms never mix.

I should have said it the other way around. We weren't drinking and shooting we were shooting then drinking. I often see those people hop out of their truck at the outdoor range and beer cans fall out. Safety first boys.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what make or model but a 357 magnum revolver and a 22 rifle are in my future. My parents are writting up a living trust for when they pass away and since I'm the only son we both feel I should get my Fathers guns.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 05-23-2011).]

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

x2

Only one handgun? I own 3 and plan on getting many more. If its a matter of cost, stick with two calibers. .22 for practice and plinking and whatever size you use for carry (9mm, .45, .40, etc.).
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-24-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Not sure what make or model but a 357 magnum revolver and a 22 rifle are in my future. My parents are writting up a living trust for when they pass away and since I'm the only son we both feel I should get my Fathers guns.

My brother and i split my dads guns ( and tools ) even tho he had no real use for what he got.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-24-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

I should have said it the other way around. We weren't drinking and shooting we were shooting then drinking. I often see those people hop out of their truck at the outdoor range and beer cans fall out. Safety first boys.

Good.. you had us worried there
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Allowed? By whom?

Jim

The misses. She also wants me to get rid of my AK-47. So that is going to be sold here soon But she didn't say I couldn't get another rifle
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The misses. She also wants me to get rid of my AK-47. So that is going to be sold here soon But she didn't say I couldn't get another rifle

Perhaps comprise? You get a 2nd gun, she gets something she wants. ( unless you are spending the grocery money or something of course ). Guns don't take up much space, unlike another car or something.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My brother and i split my dads guns ( and tools ) even tho he had no real use for what he got.

No brothers... I do have 2 older sisters though.
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps comprise? You get a 2nd gun, she gets something she wants. ( unless you are spending the grocery money or something of course ). Guns don't take up much space, unlike another car or something.

Been trying. Got her the 89 Camaro RS V8 she wanted, and I'll be restoring it for her. She said "ooo, thanks, now sell your AK-47 so I can get a new engine so my car will work." I could go on and on, but with the current circumstances, I am happy to help out.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The V always rules the roost. Mine had me baking spice cake. That's right, I said baking!

Jim

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My turn to share. I don't have any good pics of just the guns, only range pics really. So these will do for now. If I get any good pictures of my other guns I'll share.

The Judge

Ruger SR-9c
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by mikejhjr (edited 05-27-2011).]

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a gun that I am looking to get. The judge. Just have to find one with the 3 inch cylinder. I also want to get a 1911, leaning towards a Kimber but I might settle for something cheaper.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

That's a gun that I am looking to get. The judge. Just have to find one with the 3 inch cylinder. I also want to get a 1911, leaning towards a Kimber but I might settle for something cheaper.

I also have a Public Defender in stainless and IMHO, the 3 inch chamber is not worth it. If you plan to carry it, carry .45 in it. 410 is good for snakes and if that's the case 2.5 inch is fine.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

One of the VERY few times i'll ever post in this kind of thread.... Military peeps get a heep amount of respect from me! Though I think if I could go back in time to a time where people from the Three Musketeers movies used those kinds of swords, as far as learning to use anyways for that purpose... Always thought that the invention of a weapon like even the bow and arrow was a cowardly invention. If your gonna take another life, do so honorably, hmm, should that word even be used in the same group as take a life? You should give them a chance to defend themselves and this one encounter should be the pinnacle of battle I guess....

The sword! WHO doesn't LOVE those things! Don't own any, but that could change, ya never know, hehe.. A katana, a Japanese sword, something from The Three Musketeer Era of life sword, a rapier. Broad swords, barbariens (sp?), are always great.

Which is More, weapons NOONE uses to hurt noone anymore, or the ones we use today?

Never actually looked into swords n stuff before, sure came across prices n such, but never really cared. So that question is actually a valid one from me.....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

Ruger SR-9c

Nice timing on the photo! How do you like the SR9? I shot it at the range. Shot well, felt good, but I didn't like the sights as well as the S&W SD9 or the Glock 19.

Jim
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ArmaLite

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice timing on the photo! How do you like the SR9? I shot it at the range. Shot well, felt good, but I didn't like the sights as well as the S&W SD9 or the Glock 19.

Jim

I liked the SR9, it was a rental to get a feel for it. Considering it was filthy and abused it was a great shooter. My only complaint, and it's not really a complaint, is the trigger. It's not quite as nice as the trigger on my XD40 or on the M&Ps, but overall it's a great gun and still pretty high on my list.
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
50 Beowulf build I just finished

10.5 piston gun. Built a couple years ago.

20 inch AR build, has a m16 stock now.

pair of delta elites, eventually get built up

armalite build, now has a m68 and magnifier on it.

If anyones interested in any particular rifle and wants build specs let me know. Ive got a few other projects in the works but I suck at taking pics, s seen above.

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked to my Parents today and they told me that my Fathers 357 Magnum is a Ruger Police Service 6 pistol that will also shoot 38 specials. So it will look this one although this is the Security 6 which preceeded it in production.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-01-2011).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

If you get a chance, try a Taurus 1911. I know Taurus has a rep as a cheap brand, but I did a back to back comparison with my Taurus and a friend's Kimber and the Taurus compared very well. Groupings were very similar (within my own consistency I couldn't tell a difference). Biggest differences were the Kimber had more comfortable rubber grips instead of hard plastic and the grip safety memory pad on my Taurus would pound your palm a bit, so it was less comfortable when shooting over 200 rounds a one sitting. For half the price of a Kimber, it's a great bargain.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you get a chance, try a Taurus 1911. I know Taurus has a rep as a cheap brand, but I did a back to back comparison with my Taurus and a friend's Kimber and the Taurus compared very well. Groupings were very similar (within my own consistency I couldn't tell a difference). Biggest differences were the Kimber had more comfortable rubber grips instead of hard plastic and the grip safety memory pad on my Taurus would pound your palm a bit, so it was less comfortable when shooting over 200 rounds a one sitting. For half the price of a Kimber, it's a great bargain.

The trade off is that there are NO aftermarket parts for Taurus. No replacement parts. The "warranty" includes you paying to overnight it from a gunshop to their place in Florida. Kimbers also use alot of propiertary parts, but at least replacements/upgrades ARE available.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

The trade off is that there are NO aftermarket parts for Taurus. No replacement parts. The "warranty" includes you paying to overnight it from a gunshop to their place in Florida. Kimbers also use alot of propiertary parts, but at least replacements/upgrades ARE available.

I haven't run into that. It's my understanding that many regular 1911 parts will work, but I haven't tried to modify mine.
I have heard Taurus' warranty service isn't the best. How does Kimber handle warranty repair?

I do love Kimbers. I plan on getting an ultra carry for concealed carry.
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't run into that. It's my understanding that many regular 1911 parts will work, but I haven't tried to modify mine.
I have heard Taurus' warranty service isn't the best. How does Kimber handle warranty repair?

I do love Kimbers. I plan on getting an ultra carry for concealed carry.

i like Kimbers as well, but do think that they are generally overpriced. The soldier in my dislikes their overcomplication of a 100 year old pistol design (three peice hammer setups and double overlay short recoil rod springs)

But, I think they are far more accurate than low end 1911's (RIA, Taurus, Star, etc) and they look sexy.
PFF
System Bot
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CommanderKeen

651 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Chris, is that a real Drag or an SVD/PSL?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a Romanian PSL. I've been wanting to buy one, too. But other things keep coming up.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

But, I think they are far more accurate than low end 1911's (RIA, Taurus, Star, etc) and they look sexy.

My limited comparison with a Taurus and Kimber suggests their are roughly equal in accuracy.
You might notice a difference if you're a match shooter, but neither the Taurus nor Kimber I was shooting were "match" pistols.
The Kimber was more comfortable, but accuracy was pretty much a wash.

These are the two I was comparing.

BradWirdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BradWirdoSend a Private Message to BradWirdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My savage .22, amazing gun, fun testing myths from the movies...you can shoot a string in half with this thing.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a PSL the thing is wicked. Very accurate! My dad bought it for 500 in parts, the reciever came in a different box. Put together i think they are going for around 800 without the scope. I hear these are going to stop being imported and the price is going to jump up a ton so if your going to get one do it now. I think he got it from centerfire.com.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WoW!!! And that I finally found this thread.. Let's keep this going. Here are some of mine..

I wanted to say damn Gonzalez, you have enough? How fun! Anyway...

My ruger sr9 9mm

Winchester 1200 defender 12ga

30-06 custom/commercial... from around late 1940ish with a Mauser bolt action - large ring

One of my fav.. 1981 ruger mini 14, 223 cal

Sako Riihimaki 222 caliber... Very nice shot, I might add

Ruger 10-22

Glenfield Mod 60-22 caliber

Daisy model 840 BB

Original red Ryder bb

And my latest because it,s just cool.... Rossi - circuit judge the rifle to that judge handgun I saw earlier in this post.

I don't have a pic of it right now but here is a link to one that looks like it. Though mine is polished stainless with wood in a medium cherry color butt stock

[URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&noj=1&q=rossi%20circuit%20judge&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=4751l11370l0l11790l19l19l0l11l11l0l435l891l0.3.4-1l4l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=zsg8T8OxO63ZiQKDkaDDAQ&biw=1024&bih=672&sei=_8g8T8euNeeziQLGyZWFAg [/url]http://www.google.com/searc...uNeeziQLGyZWFAg[/url[/URL] ]

see if this works...

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 05-18-2013).]

Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is one of my .22 target pistols - Smith & Wesson Model 41 Long Rifle

This is a very rear Wilson Combat built .22 Surpergrade 1911 - My favorite pistol to shoot at the range

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've added these two to the collection since I last posted. RIA 1911, chambered in .45 ACP, and a Glock 23, chambered in .40 S&W. I have since changed the grips to solid black on the 1911. I didn't care for the stock wood grips.

My next purchase will be a 9mm. Looking at Glock 19, Walther, or possibly a S&W SD9. Then I will look at some revolvers in .357, and .38 special. I'm trying to make a complete caliber collection. Long way to go though.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 02-16-2012).]

mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bullet:

Here is one of my .22 target pistols - Smith & Wesson Model 41 Long Rifle

Those are great little .22s. I picked up a Neos 6 inch (college student budget here) and it's a blast at the range. It's paid for itself at least twice now.

I've added these two to the collection since I last posted. RIA 1911, chambered in .45 ACP, and a Glock 23, chambered in .40 S&W. I have since changed the grips to solid black on the 1911. I didn't care for the stock wood grips.

My next purchase will be a 9mm. Looking at Glock 19, Walther, or possibly a S&W SD9. Then I will look at some revolvers in .357, and .38 special. I'm trying to make a complete caliber collection. Long way to go though.

Jim

How do you like your RIA?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay