Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  DeLorean abandoned in a forrest!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
DeLorean abandoned in a forrest!! by DeLorean00
Started on: 10-17-2009 07:20 PM
Replies: 90 (33900 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 11-05-2015 11:23 AM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Thats my drunk outfit geese you guys are finding all my old stuff.

LoL, I could just see you Rick in that outfit driving your yellow Accord!!
IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They put it there for a test of the stainless steel. Around here homeless / thieves would have chopped it up to sell for scrap metal. At the car wash next door, someone climbed onto the roof to steal the stainless chimney guards for the hot water boilers and tried to pull out the railing on the stall they have for semis and rvs.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

They put it there for a test of the stainless steel. Around here homeless / thieves would have chopped it up to sell for scrap metal. At the car wash next door, someone climbed onto the roof to steal the stainless chimney guards for the hot water boilers and tried to pull out the railing on the stall they have for semis and rvs.

I fear for my alum. siding everyday I see alum. is up in the $$$. bloody savages in this town!!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is awesome!
Keep us updated on what happens.

Hilarious about touching it and messing up the future
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
although stealing siding is not an issue here, I wish they would, so I could get new vinyl siding, paid for with my insurance

Originally posted by batousai666:

I fear for my alum. siding everyday I see alum. is up in the $$$. bloody savages in this town!!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

although stealing siding is not an issue here, I wish they would, so I could get new vinyl siding, paid for with my insurance

paid for you say........ahem!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, paid for... I have to have insurance anyway... so might as well collection once and a while... that is why I have insurance.

J.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

LoL, I could just see you Rick in that outfit driving your yellow Accord!!

Funny thing about that. I drove my accord around my neighborhood a few days ago, and it made so much smoke that 2 fire trucks were at my house 10 min later.

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to see that poor poor Accord while we were up hanging out at BOH's house.. Man that thing smokes A LOT as soon as you turn the key. lol.

In any case.. You could never find that cool of stuff around here in DE. Where's my found in the trees '67 GTO!? =X
phreakboy4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious if there has been any progress in the acquisition of this.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phreakboy4:

Just curious if there has been any progress in the acquisition of this.

Just a "what's going on" bump!

PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering 'How did I miss THIS?!' and I looked at the date and saw it was posted while I was in PA.

How is the rescue attempt going? I'd be happy to clean it up and give it a good home

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting on the contact of the RO (registered owner). They only way to save this car is to get it legally. It is on private property, so my friend is following all the steps to see if he can buy this car. So far no real news.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those people gotta be nuts.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still waiting on the contact of the RO (registered owner). They only way to save this car is to get it legally. It is on private property, so my friend is following all the steps to see if he can buy this car. So far no real news.

You can pay certain private detectives to look up DMV information for about $100. Not all PIs can do it so you have to call around.
MisterHolaMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterHolaManSend a Private Message to MisterHolaManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There're remains of a 60s Mustang in the bluffs by my town somewhere, and I found a legbone once! There's some crazy stuff out there.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the bump. Still no news. It looks like this car may be doomed to rot away. As stated there is no legal way of removing this car from the private property its located on.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-21-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the bump. Still no news. It looks like this car may be doomed to rot away. As stated there is no legal way of removing this car from the private property its located on.

Now, If the owner of the property is different then the owner of the car........................

Or, just buy the property!

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How are you trying to contact the owner? Is there a house on the property? (ie can you go up and knock) Is it just a lot? How far do they live from the car?

If I was personally trying to get the car, a sit in visit one on one would be in order. Perhaps the registered owner passed away?

PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is registered to the property. There is a house and my friend has gone up and knocked on the door a couple of times. He has sent letters to the address and the mail is picked up at the home (ie not piled in the mailbox). It is registered to a lady, and according to a neighbor she is not interested in selling it.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Such B/S, my Dad died after keeping a bunch of cars that he let rot away in the yard. Dumb.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car is registered to the property. There is a house and my friend has gone up and knocked on the door a couple of times. He has sent letters to the address and the mail is picked up at the home (ie not piled in the mailbox). It is registered to a lady, and according to a neighbor she is not interested in selling it.

Yeah, that really sucks... in cases like this, there's basically nothing you can do. If the guy is really interested in it, he could probably talk to the neighbors to find out when the lady comes by to get the mail (if there's no one living at that house). If your friend can get a face to face conversation with the lady or owner, then he might be more inclined to actually sell it. More often than not, I've found that these owners tend to have one of two different kinds of situations with the car. The first being they just have the car, don't really care, and don't want to be bothered. It's often that they keep the car because of a sense of hoarder mentality... they don't need the car, they could definitely use the money, but they get nervous at the thought of selling it because they think "one day" they'll be driving it again. All of course, while ignoring the fact that it's rotting where it is.

The other type of mentality is that they think they've got something extremely valuable. In it's current condition, it looks like a $7,500 car. But you would know better than I. When the time comes that they DO have to sell it, they'll probably try to sell it for $30,000 or something outrageous. It'll never sell, and then it will come down to the wire and someone (a neighbor, or someone at the right place and right time) will end up getting it for like $2,500 bucks.

You see this all the time.

Before he ignores this, his best bet is to get a one to one conversation with the person, IN person. Then, if it's still a no... send a letter once every 6 months to remind them that you're interested in selling the car. It might even help if you can find out if that person has any kids... then send a letter to the kids offering to buy.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its hidden in the bushes in N. calif for a reason. The damn car has been there since 1985!!! Marty Mc Fly plans on coming back for it in 2015....dont you guys watch movies anymore??? LOL
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2009 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hope that he lucks out eventually. Hate seeing any good car rot away.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry - I'm bumping this again. Frustrates me that someone would let that car rot like that. Any news?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seriously its in a totally random spot, not even a cleared area. It would take a full day with a chain saw to clear enough stuff to get the car out of there.

Perhaps have a look over the next ridge for Flight 19

dn69141

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dn69141Send a Private Message to dn69141Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look in the car and make sure there isn't a body inside? Anyone gone missing in the past around there? That plate on the car should be traceable to who had it licensed last shouldn't it? I would be too scared of why the car is sitting in a place like that. Looks like a great spot for a killer to hide a car.

[This message has been edited by dn69141 (edited 03-29-2010).]

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update?

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
LQ1 powered

BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to the top ^

Anybody know anything about this!! this story is too good to be true!

------------------
1986 SE V6 Auto. 114K miles.
1995 F-150 4.9l Straight 6, Port and polished head, oversize valves, mild cam.

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - Any news? If not, your friend have contact info?
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking with an old friend in LA today and he reminded me of something that reminded me of this thread.

In the early 80's, he and I attended a party at a house in Coldwater Canyon, just beyond the Beverly Hills boundary. It was being rented by a "funk" singer with a penchant for controlled substances (ask Dave Chapelle who I'm referring to ) and I was told the house was once owned by Greta Garbo. During the course of the evening, I went out to the garage just to get away from the noise for a few minutes and in the furthest bay was a mint condition early 60's era white Mercedes 600 limo....covered in at least an inch of dust, sitting on 4 flats, obviously hadn't been moved in years, unlocked. I climbed in it just to check it out and noticed the registration attached to the visor. According to the papers in the car, it was owned by the Hearst Corporation so I assumed the house was as well. When I asked the "host" if he knew anything about the car, he said he had asked the people he was renting the house from about it but was told that the car was not only not for sale but was to remain in the house parked in the garage and should remain undisturbed by the tenants or they would immediately break the lease.

I've often wondered the story behind it but never got an explanation. As far as I know, it's still sitting there.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about the primordial soup in the old refrigerator? I wonder what the significance is? Food for Marty at one time???
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

I was talking with an old friend in LA today and he reminded me of something that reminded me of this thread.

In the early 80's, he and I attended a party at a house in Coldwater Canyon, just beyond the Beverly Hills boundary. It was being rented by a "funk" singer with a penchant for controlled substances (ask Dave Chapelle who I'm referring to ) and I was told the house was once owned by Greta Garbo. During the course of the evening, I went out to the garage just to get away from the noise for a few minutes and in the furthest bay was a mint condition early 60's era white Mercedes 600 limo....covered in at least an inch of dust, sitting on 4 flats, obviously hadn't been moved in years, unlocked. I climbed in it just to check it out and noticed the registration attached to the visor. According to the papers in the car, it was owned by the Hearst Corporation so I assumed the house was as well. When I asked the "host" if he knew anything about the car, he said he had asked the people he was renting the house from about it but was told that the car was not only not for sale but was to remain in the house parked in the garage and should remain undisturbed by the tenants or they would immediately break the lease.

I've often wondered the story behind it but never got an explanation. As far as I know, it's still sitting there.

Interesting.

And last I heard this car was still sitting in the forest.
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hidden from a repossession?
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Dude, if you had opened the truck, you would have solved the mystery of where Jimmy Hoffa's body is located! That, or that's where they kept the coke, and I don't mean Coca Cola.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 06-01-2011).]

OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is unfortunate and extremely random. I hope it ends up in a loving home. It's crazy how well its held up. I've seen garage finds in worse condition from sitting.
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THIS CAR IS LEGENDARY

reminds me of an abandoned Fiero me and my buddies used to hang out around in an empty lot. It was there for many years locked, 84-85 SE auto. We popped the front hood I remember, i think it was open.
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news? The DeLoreans seem to get more and more expensive.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock