Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The evidence against anthropogenic global warming (Page 100)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 150 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The evidence against anthropogenic global warming by fierobear
Started on: 06-07-2008 02:13 PM
Replies: 5993 (78273 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-23-2024 08:37 AM
FlyinFieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
June 2008, fierobear starts this thread.
October 2012, page 49, I joined the discussion.
February 2014, page 100 hit.

Let's see if we can hit page 200 in 2016.

"Global average temperature since the last ice age (20,000 BC) up to the not-too distant future (2100) under a middle-of-the-road emission scenario."

Source.

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 02-14-2014).]

IP: Logged
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Go LOL yourself.

The Bergeron classification (and its decsendents) deals with the recent history of air masses.

"Recent history" describes weather, not climate. "Air masses" are weather phenomena, not climate. Weather is not climate!

Rave on, dude!

ROFL

That is the result of educating yourself? At least now you know that I did create it. Unfortunately your education is lacking. The Bergeron classification is used to classify climates. There are others, frankly I don't care which widely accepted standard is used. I certainly did not make up climate classification as you seemed to think. LOL

BTW, climate IS a measure of air masses. There is no climate on the moon. Duh!
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
In other words, no change in climate.

THIS is what I predicted:

South end of San Francisco Bay

Dry Moderate (current climate) -> by 2035->Dry Moderate: drier, with more frequent and longer dry spells, punctuated by infrequent but very heavy rainstorms, and overall warmer, trending to frequent daytime highs of 95 to 100 F from early May to mid-October.

"No change in climate"..? That's a howler. The only reason I included that "Dry Moderate" canard was.. well, actually there was no good reason. Here's how the American Meteorological Society describes the Bergeron system of classification for airmass characteristics:
http://glossary.ametsoc.org...rmass_classification

There's more to it than just the 6-way nomenclature that Doug85GT interjected into this discussion. And yeah, as Marvin McInnis just pointed out, the Bergeron terminology is more about weather than climate. And it's hardly enough even for a complete weather report. I've never turned on the TV and watched the weatherperson report that "It's Dry Moderate in the South Bay today."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-28-2016).]

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

THIS is what I predicted:

South end of San Francisco Bay

Dry Moderate (current climate) -> by 2035->Dry Moderate: drier, with more frequent and longer dry spells, punctuated by infrequent but very heavy rainstorms, and overall warmer, trending to frequent daytime highs of 95 to 100 F from early May to mid-October.

"No change in climate"..? That's a howler. The only reason I included that "Dry Moderate" crap was.. well, actually there was no good reason. Here's how the American Meteorological Society describes the Bergeron system of classification for airmass characteristics:
http://glossary.ametsoc.org...rmass_classification

There's more to it than just the 6-way nomenclature that Doug85GT interjected into this discussion. And yeah, as Marvin McInnis just pointed out, that's more about weather than climate. And it's hardly enough even for a complete weather report. I've never turned on the TV and watched the weatherperson report that "It's Dry Moderate in the South Bay today."

Pick any major classification system you want. Perhaps the Köppen classification is more to your liking? It has over 20 subgroups, even though it has the same number of major groups.

I find your denial of the Bergeron classification amusing. Just because you and Marvin don't like it does not mean it is invalid. LOL

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately your education is lacking. The Bergeron classification is used to classify climates.

I am quite content to let those who are interested look it up for themselves. It's actually pretty simple, so it doesn't take long. Then they will know who's blowing smoke and who isn't.

BTW, climate IS a measure of air masses.

I challenge you to cite at least one credible technical source that uses that definition.

From the American Meteorological Society -- Climate: The slowly varying aspects of the atmosphere–hydrosphere–land surface system.

Your trite rhetorical question is a non sequitur.

You might also want to back away from the big-word generator for a while. Or ... if you're going to use big words, at least use them correctly.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-14-2014).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FlyinFieros:

Let's see if we can hit page 200 in 2016.

I'll do my part.

But I don't give a crap about global warming.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pick any major classification system you want. Perhaps the Köppen classification is more to your liking? It has over 20 subgroups, even though it has the same number of major groups.

I find your denial of the Bergeron classification amusing. Just because you and Marvin don't like it does not mean it is invalid. LOL

Why are you investing climatological meaning in any of these air mass naming systems? It's all about numbers. Air temperature and altitude profiles, number of days and nights with highs above historic temperature thresholds, millimeters of sea level rise, millimeters of rainfall, gigatons of land ice that has melted or remained frozen, km(square) of land and ocean area obscured by low level cloud cover... etc. These air mass naming systems may be convenient (in the right context) for summarizing or framing a discussion about numbers, but it's only the numbers that are meaningful.

I've browsed quite a number of peer-reviewed climate reports online, and not one of them had any reference to the Bergeron or Köppen or any other such nominal air mass classification schemes.

Climate scientists are all about numbers.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-15-2014).]

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At 8:45, the denial ad nauseam leaves Bill looking for a trash can to throw up in.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At 8:45, the denial ad nauseam leaves Bill looking for a trash can to throw up in.

Some random congress critter? LOL, who cares. But leave it to a warmist zombie to look for any CRAP to prop up their failing theory.

Meanwhile, Nye doesn't know the arctic from the Antarctic

Nye Goofs! Holds up pic of Arctic while talking about Antarctic – Watch Bill Nye Debate GOP Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Nye asks if Antarctic has less ice (Climate Depot Answer: No!)
http://www.climatedepot.com...-climate-depot-answ/

...and he isn't even a scientist, although he plays one on TV. LOL ad nauseum!

Meet the Press to Host Climate Change Debate Featuring a Guy Who Played a Scientist on TV
http://newsbusters.org/blog...y-who-played-scienti
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
But leave it to a [zombie] to look for any CRAP to prop up their failing theory.

Great description of your own post.

By the way, we're still waiting for your responses. Were you having computer problems again?

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 02-17-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sat through the whole video. My bad.

With that said, I am so tired of political arrogance.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Using FlyinFieros own standard of whether we should or shouldn't listen to someone because they aren't a climate scientist... Bill Nye isn't a climate scientist, he's an engineer and actor

http://www.biography.com/people/bill-nye-20950589
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Great description of your own post.

Ah, the "I know you are but what am I" retort. Good job making yourself sound like a 3rd grader.

By the way, we're still waiting for your responses. Were you having computer problems again?

No you aren't. You are being a troll, AGAIN.

The answer has 3 or 4 parts, and I'm working on it.
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Using FlyinFieros own standard of whether we should or shouldn't listen to someone because they aren't a climate scientist...

This is a rather rabid misrepresentation of 'my standards'.

Bill Nye wasn't presenting anything new or groundbreaking. He was summarizing information from peer reviewed scientific research that's available for anyone on Wikipedia.

Bill Nye isn't a climate scientist, he's an engineer and actor

He has experience explaining science to children. Considering he was 'debating' a congressional denier, I considered him qualified and relevant.

But keep up these pointless ad hominem attacks while arm waving wildly to distract everyone from your utter failures in explaining the multitude of conflicting holes in your politically predisposed position.

Ah, the "I know you are but what am I" retort. Good job making yourself sound like a 3rd grader.

It's rather obnoxious of you to put words in my mouth then insult me for what you made up.

What I quoted was rather ironic considering what you were protesting. Did you protest the science being discussed? The scientific consensus that was openly discussed? Nah, Nye misspoke and he's an engineer, time to feign some distracting outrage.

No you aren't. You are being a troll, AGAIN.

It's called holding your feet to the fire. Or mouth. Whichever.

The answer has 3 or 4 parts, and I'm working on it.

And I bet it's an epic conspiracy theory with carefully crafted lies supported by anecdotal evidence from underhanded and politically biased individuals.

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 02-17-2014).]

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Ha: Democrat, Greens Fume Over NBC’s Global Warming ‘Debate’
"Next week's debate: Do cigarettes cause cancer? An oncologist debates a tobacco executive!"

"Climate change is a public health threat. Giving scientists and climate change deniers equal time is like having tobacco executives debate doctors on the safety of cigarettes," Schatz said. "It's time to move on from treating climate change as a debate and talk about what we can do about it for people's lives and businesses."

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flyinfieros is still arguing for the sake of arguing.

This RECORD WINTER was not forecast by any NASA or IPCC supposed expert.
The expanded polar vortex is unanticipated and unexplained.
They can't explain the now 17 year absence of advanced global temperatures.
They can't explain the lack of hurricanes, (check 2013 stats which have been posted already)
They can't explain the expanded Antarctic ice field. (remember that stranded Russian ship and the stranded Australian ice breaker)
They can't explain the reason the oceans haven't risen on their schedule.
They can't explain why the polar bear population is exploding.

In short, you need to get a life and stop defending the indefensible. There is no global warming and has not been for 17 years.

Arn
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just figure that this thread will be a great read in a few years or so, when we get to see more evidence of the ignorance of some members here.

Will it be me? Will it be that other guy? Only time will tell for sure, but you know which side I'm betting on.

Brad
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I challenge you to cite at least one credible technical source that uses that definition.

From the American Meteorological Society -- Climate: The slowly varying aspects of the atmosphere–hydrosphere–land surface system.

This is comedy gold! Did you even read the sentence that you posted before you posted it?

You might also want to back away from the big-word generator for a while. Or ... if you're going to use big words, at least use them correctly.

Every word in my previous reply applies to your question, "Have you stopped beating your wife (yes/no)?" If you don't understand my wording, then you can use the Internet, which is at your finger tips.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doug85GT

9472 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Why are you investing climatological meaning in any of these air mass naming systems? It's all about numbers. Air temperature and altitude profiles, number of days and nights with highs above historic temperature thresholds, millimeters of sea level rise, millimeters of rainfall, gigatons of land ice that has melted or remained frozen, km(square) of land and ocean area obscured by low level cloud cover... etc. These air mass naming systems may be convenient (in the right context) for summarizing or framing a discussion about numbers, but it's only the numbers that are meaningful.

I've browsed quite a number of peer-reviewed climate reports online, and not one of them had any reference to the Bergeron or Köppen or any other such nominal air mass classification schemes.

Climate scientists are all about numbers.

Each climate classification is has numbers behind them. They are not arbitrary as you seem to imply.

Having well defined classifications is a useful tool for determining what is variations in weather within a climate classification or whether the climate has changed.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

I just figure that this thread will be a great read in a few years or so, when we get to see more evidence of the ignorance of some members here.

Will it be me? Will it be that other guy? Only time will tell for sure, but you know which side I'm betting on.

Brad

I'll bet against you just for fun, Brad
PFF
System Bot
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

You're here why?

This RECORD WINTER was not forecast by any NASA or IPCC supposed expert.

You have a serious case of tunnel vision. Maybe in "Arn's Fantasy World" you can look outside the window and know what global conditions are, but not in reality.

It may have been cold here in the south, but Alaska is feeling record warmth.

Source.

Also see:
Forget snowfall -- winter rain becoming new normal in Alaska and Arctic

The expanded polar vortex is unanticipated and unexplained.

Hardly "unexplained" - warm air in the Arctic actually displaced the polar air southward. That's why much of the US was colder than Alaska.

They can't explain the now 17 year absence of advanced global temperatures.

Long debunked zombie myth.

Your starting point is biased. 1998 was a strong El Nino year. However, 2013 was a neutral year and still warmer than 1998.

Source.

They can't explain the lack of hurricanes, (check 2013 stats which have been posted already)

Hurricanes are not a global warming metric. Again you're not thinking 'global' due to your tunnel vision on the Atlantic. 2013 saw one of the strongest tropical storms ever recorded in the Pacific that was fed by warming oceans.

They can't explain the expanded Antarctic ice field.

Yes 'they' can.

(remember that stranded Russian ship and the stranded Australian ice breaker)

An inconvenient little fact that's often skipped when reporting this story: that was in old ice, not new ice you're putting on a pedestal.

They can't explain the reason the oceans haven't risen on their schedule.

According your own post sea level rise has doubled in the last 20 years.

Also according to your post, predictions for 2100 haven't come true yet. It's 2014, but no telling what year it is in "Arn's Fantasy World".

They can't explain why the polar bear population is exploding.

Polar bears are not a global warming metric. Their population increase is primarily due to hunting and trapping regulations.

Another inconvenient little fact, of the populations we have data for only 1 subpopulation is listed as increasing, 4 listed as declining.

There is no global warming and has not been for 17 years.

Only if you consider 2% of the evidence. Another inconvenient little fact, oceans are still rapidly warming without a hiccup.

Source.

What 'pause' - the oceans ask:

Source.

In short, you need to get a life

Nah, there's work to be done here. If I can't change your mind with reason and evidence due to your political bias, I'll expose how clueless you are on this topic.

It's also interesting to note those who reject evolution in favor of creationism, and reject the scientific evidence of global warming. There seems to be a foundation of rejecting science in general that's being built to new heights.

and stop defending the indefensible.

Like the difference between kelvin and celcius?

Originally posted by Fats:

Just so we're clear for the future, who exactly are you calling ignorant and what exactly do you expect to happen in the next few years?

With such brimming confidence there's no reason for you to be tight lipped about it.

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 02-18-2014).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The IUCN Polar Bear Specialist Group also lists climate change as the biggest threat to polar bear survival. At their 2009 meeting, scientists reported that of the 19 subpopulations* of polar bears:

8 are declining
3 are stable
1 is increasing

By comparison, in 2005:

5 were declining
5 were stable
2 were increasing

*7 had insufficient data

Results from long-term studies show:

Canada's Western Hudson Bay population: 22% decline since the early 1980s, directly related to earlier ice break-up on Hudson Bay.

Southern Beaufort Sea population along the northern coast of Alaska and western Canada: decline in cub survival rates and in the weight and skull size of adult males; similar observations made in Western Hudson Bay prior to its population drop.

Baffin Bay population, shared by Greenland and Canada: at risk from both significant sea ice loss and substantial over-harvesting.

Scientists predict that unless we take action to stop climate change, we will lose two-thirds of all polar bears by the middle of the century and all of them by the end of the century.

But some people are seeing more bears!

Some Native communities in Canada are reporting an increase in the numbers of polar bears on land. Traditional hunters believe this means an increase in population. Scientists attribute it to polar bears being driven ashore by lack of ice.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service states, ". . . extensive scientific studies have indicated that the increased observation of bears on land is a result of changing distribution patterns and a result of changes in the accessibility of sea ice habitat."
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

[QUOTE]The IUCN Polar Bear Specialist Group also lists climate change as the biggest threat to polar bear survival. At their 2009 meeting, scientists reported that of the 19 subpopulations* of polar bears:

8 are declining
3 are stable
1 is increasing

By comparison, in 2005:

5 were declining
5 were stable
2 were increasing

*7 had insufficient data

Results from long-term studies show:

Canada's Western Hudson Bay population: 22% decline since the early 1980s, directly related to earlier ice break-up on Hudson Bay.

Southern Beaufort Sea population along the northern coast of Alaska and western Canada: decline in cub survival rates and in the weight and skull size of adult males; similar observations made in Western Hudson Bay prior to its population drop.

Baffin Bay population, shared by Greenland and Canada: at risk from both significant sea ice loss and substantial over-harvesting.

Scientists predict that unless we take action to stop climate change, we will lose two-thirds of all polar bears by the middle of the century and all of them by the end of the century.

But some people are seeing more bears!

Some Native communities in Canada are reporting an increase in the numbers of polar bears on land. Traditional hunters believe this means an increase in population. Scientists attribute it to polar bears being driven ashore by lack of ice.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service states, ". . . extensive scientific studies have indicated that the increased observation of bears on land is a result of changing distribution patterns and a result of changes in the accessibility of sea ice habitat."

No newf, you don't get it. Since polar bears haven't been eradicated completely and since its cold and snowing outside, AGW must be a hoax.

[This message has been edited by masospaghetti (edited 02-18-2014).]

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that anyone needed more proof WUWT is total garbage but I noticed this today:

WUWT - Increased CO2 Emissions Will Delay Next Ice Age

WUWT - Important paper strongly suggests man-made CO2 is not the driver of global warming

CO2 is not the driver of global warming but will delay the next ice age... hmm... That's a mystery!

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 02-18-2014).]

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012
While searching for the image above, I was reminded of this scene:

Anthony Watts, who runs the disgraced WUWT blog, attended but never graduated college after 7 years.

Sometimes things just line up perfectly.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In short, you need to get a life and stop defending the indefensible. There is no global warming and has not been for 17 years.

Arn

Don't forget his typical tactics of insults, trolling and repetition. He seems to think you win debates by out INSULTING his opponent, and repeating posts over, and over, and over...

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Anthony Watts, who runs the disgraced WUWT blog, attended but never graduated college after 7 years.

Sometimes things just line up perfectly.

... And ridicule, AND putting down the SOURCE but NOT discussing the CONTENT.

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... And ridicule, AND putting down the SOURCE but NOT discussing the CONTENT.

The post immediately before that discussed the content.

Have tunnel vision much?

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 02-19-2014).]

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012

Don't forget his typical tactics of insults, trolling and repetition. He seems to think you win debates by out INSULTING his opponent, and repeating posts over, and over, and over...

That's actually known as the "fierobear constant".
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's actually known as the "fierobear constant".

And here I thought the "Fierobear Constant" was the inability to see the exact things one criticizes others for in oneself.
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
And here I thought the "Fierobear Constant" was the inability to see the exact things one criticizes others for in oneself.

That's the "fierobear paradox".
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland released a report for 2012, stating growing wind energy saved the country $342-383 million in fossil fuel imports and 1.9 million tons of CO2.

In relatable terms, John Kerry could take a trip through Seoul, South Korea; Beijing, China; Jakarta; Indonesia; Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, then back to Washington over 158,000 times before exceeding 1.9 million tons.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tried to paste a cartoon
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Abundance Generation: Crowd funded clean energy projects with return on investment:
"REG High Down is breaking green crowdfunding records, having raised over £300,000 in less than a week!" Source.

That's a wind energy project, only 172 investors so far. Works out to just over £1800 per investor.
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Lots of noise about Kerry talking climate change in the Pacific.

Here's a different perspective on the Pacific: Chief of US Pacific forces calls climate biggest worry

Samuel J. "Sam" Locklear III is a highly decorated individual who has dedicated his life to military service.
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012
A report was released by the World Wildlife fund that claims China could be powered by 100% renewable energy by 2050 and still grow their economy. It's an interesting read but WWF is not a scientific organization, so keep that in mind.

The plan does not include nuclear. However, China is making great efforts to be nuclear independent. Meaning materials required to build nuclear plants would be made in China. They currently have 28 nuclear plants under construction.

[This message has been edited by FlyinFieros (edited 02-20-2014).]

FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012
NOAA predicts California drought to worsen. Source.
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FlyinFieros

1599 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Former Irish president Mary Robinson:
“The active role of young people is worth noting. As with the anti-apartheid campaign in the 1980s, students today are taking action that can determine their futures – and the futures of generations to come – for the better. They are showing the world that, once again, a transformation in how we grow our economies is essential. This is how inter-generational equity can be achieved: promoting a new investment model that responds to the risks posed by climate change. By avoiding investment in high-carbon assets that become obsolete, and by prioritising sustainable alternatives, we build capacity and resilience, particularly for more vulnerable people – while lowering carbon emissions.”
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 150 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock