Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Announcements
  Attack on my software forum - reason PFF was closed for a while (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Attack on my software forum - reason PFF was closed for a while by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 02-08-2007 11:21 AM
Replies: 186 (7730 views)
Last post by: Hulk on 09-15-2007 05:12 AM
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm beginning to wonder why it's so important to some posters to convince us there's no case. since they *apparently* have no stake in the issue.

i pwn page 5.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 02-14-2007).]

IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

i'm beginning to wonder why it's so important to some posters to convince us there's no case. since they *apparently* have no stake in the issue.

They can try to "convince" me all they want. It's not that I'm like "Oh noes! Even though the law is very specific about libel suits, and says it's not necessary to proof damages as long as it's probable that through their actions pecuniary or reputational damages to me or my business may (have) result(ed), and as long as I can proof the statements made are false and I can proof intent and malice, I better drop it because some people who don't like me very much at the forum say I have no case!"
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

They can try to "convince" me all they want. It's not that I'm like "Oh noes! Even though the law is very specific about libel suits, and says it's not necessary to proof damages as long as it's probable that through their actions pecuniary or reputational damages to me or my business may (have) result(ed), and as long as I can proof the statements made are false and I can proof intent and malice, I better drop it because some people who don't like me very much at the forum say I have no case!"

Seriously, what the hell? I was just trying to share what I know on the topic. I'm not trying to deter you or anything. In fact, I already wished you luck before which was genuine. And like I've said before, I don't have anything against you personally. What I had to offer was a lot more contructive than the "Hey LeRoy, git dat der pickup n rope! We got us a lynchin' to do!" posts. And I beleive you asked for input on the matter. That's what I've learned in my law classes. If that's not the case, fine.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Seriously, what the hell? I was just trying to share what I know on the topic.

And it's very much appreciated. Seriously, I'm just as sincere as you are.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what happened to Aaron?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:
Seriously, we get it. PFF is the house. RFT is the sewer. And you're the guy going around telling everyone about the **** you just took.

You're right. I've been getting waaaay too pissed-off and making too much noise about this. It's time to let it go. My apologies to Cliff and the folks at PFF. I'm done with it.
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

You're right. I've been getting waaaay too pissed-off and making too much noise about this. It's time to let it go. My apologies to Cliff and the folks at PFF. I'm done with it.

Thank You
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

So what happened to Aaron?

He's dead, isn't he.....
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, it's been awhile since I was able to say anything, and I still can't tell you exactly what's happening behind the scenes but I can now give you an exact account of what expired on Feb 7th.

Mind you, this isn't simply speculation from my side - everything is verifiable and I have in fact been able to verify the identities of all parties involved.

In a Skype/phone conference call, Stuart, Randy and Chris were discussing Fiero related things. Aaron, Shaun and Howard joined in a little later. Howard left the conference call not long after that. After a while, Aaron mentioned to the others he had found my business site. Aaron suggested to "mess up" my business site's forum. Aaron gave the link to the others at which point Aaron registered on my business forum as "Aaron2.Hate", Randy as "WildHorsey69", Chris as "Product1620" and (an undetermined fourth person) as "pigbenus". (This last person) was the only one who used a fake email address so he was never able to activate his registration (and therefor couldn't post any messages). Aaron, Randy and Chris then started to post their messages. At this point Stuart left the conference call because he did not like where this was going. He actually tried to stop them at one point. Chris told the others that he was actually sending a few Private Messages to some of the members on the forum, although he did not mention what it was he was sending. Aaron then came up with the idea to post a link to RFT in every single topic on the whole forum. He told Randy to start from the top and he would start at the end of the topic list and they would meet somewhere in the middle. When they were done, Aaron came up with the idea to send a Private Message to all members on the forum with the following message:

"My name is Aaron, and Cliff ripped off my software. I created
at least 2 programs he has here, and he took my code, removed
the copyright, and is using it as his own.

The law won't let me do anything since he is in the Netherlands.

Please do not support him, or this site. He is a FRAUD!!!"

Aaron told Randy to start at "A" and he would start at "Z" and again they would meet somewhere in the middle. When they were done, they left the forum and continued the conference call. The call ended around 2:30am.

I've been able to verify some of the phone numbers of the conference call (I'll only give the last 4 digits):

Aaron: xxx-xxx-3063
Randy: xxx-xxx-0169

So there you have it.

PS: As said before, Randy has apologized to me and has shown sincere regrets of the events. And in all honesty, I respect that since it takes a big man to admit one's faults.

[Edited by Cliff Pennock: "Edits made on 3-MAR-2007"]
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see an update. Good luck!
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever set up a paypal for dontations to this "project"?

And is it just me, or was this thread gone part of last week? I came here looking for it and the Announcements was empty.
PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:
And is it just me, or was this thread gone part of last week? I came here looking for it and the Announcements was empty.

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did the same thing...
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2007 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Shaun, I did you a favor and went through my log files again.

At the time "pigbenus" registered (Thu Feb 8 07:00:10 AM 2007), there are actually two IP addresses doing something (actually, only yours but if by some fluke both happened to have a few second lag, then there are two).

One is yours. That has now been established beyond a reasonable doubt. I'll unblock your IP address and if you can explain to me in an email (without resorting to your usual name calling) what happened, I'm willing to listen.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to sound repetitive, but do you have a paypal setup for legal funds yet?
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to sound repetitive, but do you have a paypal setup for legal funds yet?

No, not yet. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to take (financial) advantage of the situation, so I will wait until it's absolutely necessary.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11600 posts
Member since Jan 99
Right. Shaun has sent me another email and explained a thing or two. He admitted browsing my business forum at the time of the "attack", but he said he did not try to sign up and participate. Did that convince me that he really wasn't the one signing up? No, but in all honesty, he did "sound" (if that's possible through email) sincere. That combined with the fact that either way he did not post a single message on my business forum made me decide to give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.

So I will remove the part from my story where I claim he tried to sign up. I will also remove all posts thereafter that implicates that he did.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should just hurry up and initiate legal proceedings, then any attempts by them to contact you would be considered witness intimidation. I I would not be listening to any of them, we already know they are lying manipulating little bastards. Publicly expressing doubt about anything at this point is a bad idea, if you were mistaken, it would be used as a defense in court.
ChevyBuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChevyBuffSend a Private Message to ChevyBuffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:You should just hurry up and initiate legal proceedings,

These things just don't happen over night it does take time.

Paperwork my man paperwork.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Cliff. Just saw this today.

Please keep us posted. I hope that your business rebounds from this unfortunate incident!

~ Jen
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChevyBuff:

These things just don't happen over night it does take time.

Paperwork my man paperwork.

I know how long it takes to get through, but it just seems like he hasnt really moved on it yet. Not telling him what to do, but thats my opinion.

divilspawn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for divilspawnSend a Private Message to divilspawnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed this thread and it made me kinda sad. More so I will probably be unable to contribute to the "sue the ****ers" campaign due to needing to make rent. However if you would like a hand on the IT side send me an email and I'll be more than happy to lend a hand and know a few other people that could lend a hand with the site/any other IT Issue as well.

Michael.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new?
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump....
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump?
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump?
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock