Replies: 17 (33 views)
Last post by: Fiero5 on 12-02-2002 02:34 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The US image server is down and it can take up to a month before it will be back up again. If you use an image in your signature and it doesn't show up, that's because it probably resides on the US server. To solve this problem, just repost it again using PIP and change the URL in your signature.

I will try to move all images off the US server to the Dutch server in the coming week.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 11-08-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the good work Cliff. The hosting of images is one of the best features of PFF and they are already missed.

One little request, can you think about boosting the PIP width limit to 640 pixels instead of 600?

It's your bandwidth and harrdrive space, but please consider allowing us to post standard 640 x 480 images because resizing to a standard size would be a whole lot easier. Thanks.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

One little request, can you think about boosting the PIP width limit to 640 pixels instead of 600?

It's your bandwidth and harrdrive space, but please consider allowing us to post standard 640 x 480 images because resizing to a standard size would be a whole lot easier.

It isn't a bandwidth or storage space concern that the width is limited to 600 pixels. The problem is that anything wider than 600 pixels causes people running on a 800x600 rsolution having to scroll. But with a width of 640 pixels, I guess people don't have to scroll all that much, so I have set the max width to 640 now.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff!!! You are da MAN!!!

REDHOTT88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REDHOTT88Send a Private Message to REDHOTT88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man you're a busy guy these days!!!!

OK I confess.... I selfishly posted to see if my sig worked!
------------------

REDHOTT88 - Steve
'88 FORMULA

[This message has been edited by REDHOTT88 (edited 11-08-2002).]

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2002 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up !!! and no I hardly ever read the announcments section ... guess I'll check it more often.

------------------

www.cfog-i.com

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post11-09-2002 08:23 PM   Send a Private Message to 2M4 DaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was wondering why mine didn't show up.. stupid US stuff

------------------

Fierosite - Your Number One Resource for Fiero websites

Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of us with our own webspace that allows remote linking (usually not free) could help out by posting pics on our own space. The upside would be saving Cliff space, but the only downside is if we ever delte the files, it would make our post useless (like if someone was searching the archives for info...). Thanks Cliff for all the work and $$ you put into this board!
BTW - My wife was thinking that if you used phpBB you might save a few $ a year in licensing fee's.
andguent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andguentClick Here to visit andguent's HomePageSend a Private Message to andguentEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha. Well I am glad you already know. I was about ready to send a PM or something, guess I don't need to. I was originally thinking it was a local cache issue that I messed up somehow. Proxy cache clear, Netscape cache clear. Still nothing. DUH! Check announcements.

Hey look, my sig works now.

------------------
Most comments are opinion of the author and are fair targets for corrections/critisim. :P

Andrew

White86SEV6Auto

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2002 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, I made my sig and deleted the files I used so I will have to wait a month for my sig to show up again after you switch all the files over? Let me know. Thanks.

Amir
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All images on the US server (6000+) have been moved to the Dutch server. All links in messages to images on the US server have been renamed, including the links in people's signature. So all images should show up again.

Since the Dutch server is now handling over 40,000(!) images, it might slow things down a little bit, but as soon as the US server is up again the images will be moved back.

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2002 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting a timed out connection when I try to upload a pic. PIP is trying to post it on "//images.fiero.nl:8088/uploads". Do I need to change that? Do I need to re-download PIP? Do I have a clue what I'm doing - probably not!

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2002 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Do I need to re-download PIP?

Yes, you need the latest version.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2002 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done. Works. Cheers.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2002 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having trouble with PIP. I downloaded the patch (I'm guessing that's all I needed since I have the previous version?) and now I'm stuck.
I get the pip window to come up, and I can browse which picture I want to load, but there' nothing in the space next to 'Image will be posted on:'
What do I put there? Will that fix my unknown error (87)?

And now I just found out that it's still pulling up version 1.04 from my start up menu. I guess it didn't save the new version over the old one. Now I don't know where the new version went

Just found a thread about this in the off topic section. I'll try redownloading the whole thing.

------------------

86 SE V6 - daily driven project
87 SE - new project

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 11-30-2002).]

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 11-30-2002).]

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2002 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sqoach

6383 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Got it to work! I just uninstalled the old version, and installed the new. I thought I screwed something up because I was getting that error 87 again. But I forgot about doing the new profile thing. All is good
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2002 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just tried to upload a few pics in PIP and it said "Denied". Would this be that I am trying to access the US image server?

Steve

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2002 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by sqoach:

Got it to work! I just uninstalled the old version, and installed the new. I thought I screwed something up because I was getting that error 87 again. But I forgot about doing the new profile thing. All is good

Yeah, looks like the same thing on my end too.
It looks like I have it fixed now on that machine I was using earlier.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock