Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  4.6 Northstar + 5 spd Gatrag, clutch, flywheel, mounts, exhaust, etc for sale

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
4.6 Northstar + 5 spd Gatrag, clutch, flywheel, mounts, exhaust, etc for sale by Daviero
Started on: 06-08-2022 03:10 PM
Replies: 1 (375 views)
Last post by: TheseusRises on 06-12-2022 11:08 PM
Daviero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2022 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: SOLD AND DELIVERED. LS4 now being installed in its place, proving to be a tougher fit!!
UPDATE: this is sold pending delivery to the new owner.

I am swapping my 4.6 Northstar/ 5speed install to a 5.3LS / F40 so my Northstar setup is for sale instead of permanently taking up space in my garage.
What you'd get:
1997 Vin Y Northstar, bought new, (not a salvage engine) has about 20,00 miles on it but burns a bit of oil after running it a bit hot about 5 years ago.
5 spd Getrag from a 1988 GT, Fiero cast diff swapped with forged diff from Quad 4 trans
All transmission internals from trans cryogenically frozen (reduces brittleness, doesn't increase ultimate strength) and Transmission case annealed to reduces casting stress
Spec stage II clutch and flywheel
dual exhaust setup with 2 in 2 out Magniflow muffler (I will keep the original Fiero trumpet tips though)
4 sturdy mounts (2 trans and 2 engine) that eliminate the need for a top torque strut. Suitable tabs would be required on your cradle. I'll include the tabs off my cradle when they are removed but they might not be usable due to having been cut off.
engine wiring harness (I will keep the chassis side of the harness)
ECM capable of live real time tuning using Tunerpro RT (ECM is a 1227765 with a memcal replacement, and yes its OBD1)
Spare Northstar engine, this was a salvage engine and poorly rebuilt - many new parts including new cam drive, and rebuilt heads but 1 oil wiper ring folded out during piston install and scored 1 cylinder when it was run. (for the record this error was not my work!)
I will be keeping the cradle, axles, hubs, struts.
The engine and trans is out of the car now and ready to go. I have a video of the engine running if you want to see it.
I will crate everything up and ship to you or you can pick it up. I am in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada.
Asking $2000 for everything. You can respond here or PM me.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers, Dave.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
------------------
Daviero - 88 N* 5spdGT

[This message has been edited by Daviero (edited 04-25-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheseusRises

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2022 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock