EGR SOLENOID by MrFixIt2021
Started on: 02-25-2021 03:07 AM
Replies: 5 (636 views)
Last post by: reinhart on 03-06-2021 11:35 AM
MrFixIt2021

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2021 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrFixIt2021Send a Private Message to MrFixIt2021Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can obtain an egr solenoid for an 87 fiero? This part is hard to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrFixIt2021:

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can obtain an egr solenoid for an 87 fiero? This part is hard to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My understanding is, they quit making them years ago. Personally, I think I'd wire around it just to keep the light off. IMHO, the EGR is worthless anyway.
No, I'm not sure how to do that but am told it's pretty simple.

Rams

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Careful with statements about removing the EGR, the safety folks are going to beat you up. 😀 With that said I took mine off years ago and had my chip programed to fix the light.
Notchback Noob

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Notchback NoobSend a Private Message to Notchback NoobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got mine from fiero factory last week. Talked to them on the phone I think they had a few more already removed, cleaned up and tested working. Fixed my code 32.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notchback Noob:

Just got mine from fiero factory last week. Talked to them on the phone I think they had a few more already removed, cleaned up and tested working. Fixed my code 32.

I had one of my cars at Fiero Factory previously and had one of the "tested" EGRs installed, lasted about .30 days. Not blaming FF, these parts are all old, they don't make new ones to my knowledge.

Rams
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notchback Noob:

How much did it run you?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock