2 free 87 Fiero GTs Manual Transmission by Miami87s
Started on: 02-11-2021 08:28 PM
Replies: 32 (962 views)
Last post by: Miami87s on 03-05-2021 10:29 AM
Miami87s

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Blinked and I got old and my hands started failing.....So I am not going to finish my project. If you will come pick them up and donate to this site they are yours.
I would like the garage space back and so I have:

2 1987 Fiero GT Manual Transmission Cars
Miami FL

Maroon
Ran until the Fuel Pump failed so now has old Gas and needs a fuel pump
Rough condition

Blue
I am the original owner
In parts
Rebuilt engine never installed (by Carolina Machine Engines) On an Engine Stand (engine Stand included)
Car is a "Roller " as I adapted a trailer Axel to hold it up while I worked the Under Carriage
Transaxle , under carriage etc out of car
New Parts
New Fieroesq 18" Wheels with new Hankook Ventus V12 215 x 40 ZR Mounted and Balanced
Koni Shocks F & R
Lowering Spring Kit
All Urethane Bushings
Radiator
Rebuilt Fuel Take
Chip kit
Ocelot Headers though I went with opening up the restricted Stock Exhaust Manifolds for Heat shield considerations
All Engine and Trans Mounts
New Clutch
Uninstalled side scope quarter panels
Custom taller Rear Wing supports
1 Pair Quarter Windows
Lots I haven't listed I can send you the Receipt from the Fiero Store totaling $4,534

[This message has been edited by Miami87s (edited 02-11-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any photos you can post or email me regarding what you have. I am very interested in what you have available. I have been dealing with the Fiero community for years in order to help people keep their cars running and on the road and equipment such as you have posted would be very useful and well received. I am up in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and it seems as if you are in the Miami Area of Florida so we are not that far from each other. I am also not a youngster (pushing 79) however I have always enjoyed owning and working on Fiero's. Hope to hear back from you shortly. Thanks, have a great day and most of all stay safe.
LarryH
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Larry,
I can post pics etc tonight or tomorrow. You are correct on locations.
Thanks for the interest. I have a track Mini that I need my lift space back for......

Ed
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you prefer and/or it is easier for you than you are more then welcome to email me any pix, info, etc. to my direct address of LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM as I am on there daily. Thanks, have a great weekend and most of all stay safe.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in Boynton Beach and would be interested in you posting pics here too.

Best,
Van
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Van,

Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Miami87s

12 posts
Member since Feb 2021

Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saying, I am looking for an engine if anyone wants to coordinate shipping whos local or wants to transport
TheseusRises

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I really need that chin spoiler for my current project, but, I'm all the way in Minnesota.
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll find what I paid for it divide by 2 an I can ship it (ground should not be awful you pay that too)
Thoughts?
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Miami87s!

That is some serious effort you put in. I wish I lived closer so that I could be your “hands” to help you finish what you started.

Larry Hubbert: Respectfully, you got dibs...let me know what your plan is please. Truth be told...I don’t have the storage space for the whole package. But will have room for the Maroon car in the near future.

Either way, thank you very much for the generous offer Miami87s.

Best,
Van

fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in buying the new pair of sprint manifolds FYI.

Please respond !!

Thanks,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.

Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a Picture of the Sprint Manifolds.
Got and offer in mind?
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Miami87s

12 posts
Member since Feb 2021
Re: the Sprint Headers. They have been out in the un-airconditioned Miami Garage for a while and so you would want to buff them up. The picture is unaltered
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Miami87s

12 posts
Member since Feb 2021
So TheseusRises

I paid $180 plus 45 Shipping
$90 + shipping?
OXFDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently ended up totaling the 87 blu quad Pisa fourmula fastback last month and don’t have a fiero to drive anymore. Could I possibly have one of two fieros by chance?
OXFDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OXFDFIERO

97 posts
Member since Dec 2011
I honestly seen this post few days ago and thought it was pretty much spoken for the day it was posted 😔
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Minimum maintenance to the Red
Replace Fuel pump
Clean Gas Tank
New AC compressor
Lots of cleanup
debug voltage leak (drains battery)
Your call?

OXFDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking that would definitely be the better option at this point as well but I wouldn’t be able to get down there til after the first of march would that still be okay and do you still have same phone number that’s at the top of the fiero store receipt? If so I’d like to give you call in the morning

Thanks again, Dylan

Originally posted by Miami87s:

Minimum maintenance to the Red
Replace Fuel pump
Clean Gas Tank
New AC compressor
Lots of cleanup
debug voltage leak (drains battery)
Your call?

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok then...

Larry Hubert I guess OxFDFiero doesn’t care that you were the early bird here.

SMH

-Van
PFF
System Bot
OXFDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2021 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

Ok then...

SMH

-Van

It’s not that don’t necessarily care but I currently don’t even have a vehicle at this point. I’ve had about a dozen fieros over the last decade that I’ve drove year round up and down Baldwin from one end to the other in Michigan an have owned the 87 blu quad for over three years up until a month ago when I unfortunately had an accident and ended up totaling it. If it makes you feel any better I was going to show up with at least $500-$1000 to compensate what I can for miami87s an continue his story, the heritage, and finish what he’s started. I’m not asking for the whole lot as I have a few things here and there still left but I don’t have a good chassis to start or build off of anymore..
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2021 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Not sure where this "protocol" started but here is what is the official transaction protocol is:

Who ever shows up and picks it up gets it. Larry seems like a nice guy but since emailing him pictures personally as well as posting them, he has shown no interest.

I have an undetermined amount of time before I am just going to call up the junk company and have them cart this stuff away. There is no calling "dibs".

Oxfdfiero, use the cash to pay for transport. This is going to be towed because to replace the fuel pump you are dropping the gas tank. I can play that tune without the music and it is not fun.

Best number for me is 561-349-7167 the Fiero Store number is now owned by a Business.

[This message has been edited by Miami87s (edited 02-18-2021).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2021 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

Ok then...

SMH

-Van

Seeing how he's giving away thousands of dollars worth of cars/parts, I'm guessing Miami's true goal is to get rid of the car(s). If I were him, I'd be simply giving it to anyone who can quickly and painlessly pick them up.

I'm tempted but I've done the Miami trip from VA twice and it sucks. That and I already have a Fiero project and the last thing I need are two more (and the blue car deserves to be put back on the road)

Good luck with all of it to "seller" and whomever get's these cars.
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2021 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To All Concerned,

I have spoken to Ed on the phone and I am presently making the necessary arrangements to pick up everything listed here and transport it back to my workshop in Holiday, FL 34691. Once I get it here it is my intention to reassemble both vehicles completely, using not only these parts, but also many of my own parts that I have on hand. I want the cars to become road worthy and then rejoin the Fiero community doing what they do best, being driven by fellow Fiero Enthusiast. If you wish to contact me regarding any of these car and/or parts please do so by emailing me at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM Thank you for your interest, have a great weekend and most of all stay safe.

LarryH
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2021 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dear All
The Priority List based on Time stamps on Phone calls and Emails indicating a plan to come retrieve is as follows:

OXFDFIERO
Larry Hubbert

OXFDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2021 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dear All
The Priority List based on Time stamps on Phone calls and Emails indicating a plan to come retrieve is as follows:

OXFDFIERO
Larry Hubbert

Thank you for offering them as intended, I will see you shortly after the 1st of March, you are very much appreciated Ed

-Thanks again, Dylan
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2021 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is great! Good luck to all involved.

Van
fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2021 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll take a Picture of the Sprint Manifolds.
Got and offer in mind?

PM sent...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.

Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2021 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed, PM and email Sent. Thanks.
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, Larry is just going to resell the items for a profit. He’s been scooping up every spare part he can get his hands on and then asks a premium when he resells them. I’d rather see someone who will actually use the cars get them. Just my $.02.
PFF
System Bot
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The above statement is not true whatsoever, as it was and still is my intention to complete both cars in running order and then donate them to a veterans organization for use in their on going rehabilitation programs, not sell them at a profit. I will admit that some parts would have to be sold along the way in order to purchase needed additional parts to aid in their completion.

While it is true that I have been purchasing up cars and parts recently it should also be noted that I have been doing so only with parts and cars of the 1988 vintage. Now as for making a profit and selling everything at a premium, I do not know how true that statement is. After all I do have monthly rental, electric, water, insurance, etc. bills on my workshop, where everything is kept and stored until sold or used on one of my own cars that has to be paid. I also have to lay out my hard earned cash in advance for those parts, cars, etc., just like the rest of you do. I then have to disassemble everything, clean it, take pix, answer inquiries from people for items, package them up, ship them, etc. After all of this there is very little profit to be made if any. I do this because I enjoy doing so, not out of profit. I just hope that I break even since I enjoy doing so. I will be 79 next month and I have been involved with Fiero's since 1985 as a hobby, I am semi-retired and enjoy keeping active and busy, so I am not looking to make this a full time profit making business as the writer suggests. I have and continue to have helped quite a few Fiero enthusiasts out over the years by offering them needed parts at very reasonable prices, far below those posted on places like eBay I might add. Furthermore I enjoy helping the Fiero community in any way that I can in order to keep our cars running, something which I have done in the past and hope to continue to do in the future. I do not appreciate when others single me out and take me to task when I am only trying to help. Just think about where our hobby would be and become if there were not other involved like myself.

Well enough with the preaching and standing on the soap box. I wish everyone has a great weekend and most of all that everyone stays safe during this pandemic. Thanks.

LarryH
Miami87s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miami87sSend a Private Message to Miami87sEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fireos and Parts are gone.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock