87 Fiero and 86 Fiero Project cars by Troymx576
Started on: 01-12-2021 12:46 PM
Replies: 3 (491 views)
Last post by: ace35 on 01-13-2021 08:15 PM
Troymx576

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Troymx576Click Here to visit Troymx576's HomePageSend a Private Message to Troymx576Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 and 87 Fiero's for sale. These were my fathers cars (Francis T - I think that was his username), but he has recently passed away and now I am in charge of them. I do not have the time to work on them myself with all my other projects I have. I do not have very in depth details, but will try to answer as best I can. They are at my mothers house, which is like 30 minutes away and I can not quickly go out and look at them, but go there about once a week. I would like to try to sell both to the same person who knows Fieros and what to do with them and will list them here first so they will go to a good home and get used. I think my dad would have liked them to be finished and used. I will try to find as many spare parts and items that go along with it, like spare tires, wheels, parts, ect.

The first is a 1986 Fiero GT that was my own car and I sold it to him about 20 years ago when I needed money for college. Here are some of the details he sent me before he passed that he sent to me a long time ago. I also found the old forum post with details and pictures below. 86 GT manual, 2.8 engine that has less than 5K on pro built engine, new clutch and throw out bearing, new shifter fork bearings, Trueleo high flow intake, customer Trueleo headers equal length, Garret turbo 10-12psi, MR2 intercooler, blow off valve, crane cam with new camshaft bearings, TRW forged pistons 9.2:1 .030 over, new fuel pump, oil pump, water pump, new connecting rod and main bearings, ported heads with 3 angle valve job, high performance lifters and valve springs, MSD 2000 ignition system, mustang fuel injectors, new motor and trans mounts, AC modified to get new R134, but needs to be charged, heated o2 sensors. All oem gauges, plus autometer gauges in bullet mounts for oil pressure, volt, vaccum/boost, egt and fuel pressure. Intrax springs, centerline alum 5 spoke wheels, Bridgestone Radial TAs, slottled/drilled rotors, SS lines, RS4 pads, Custom front extractor hood vent, intercooler fan switch, radiator relay bypass, pioneer radio, seats redone with MR Mikes.

The 1987 (I think it is an 87) I can not find the full list of what it had done, but I can say that he built this one with more specific NA engine build in mind. He always said that was a better and stronger car to drive then the other one. I am pretty sure that is a built 3.4L and he said it felt really strong. It is a fully built engine also similar to the above with new items, cams, porting, ect. I know it has all new internals and about 1000 miles on the engine. I He was old and only drove them once in a while, but liked to tinker with the body mods and all. I know he had all new forged pistons that were higher compression, built heads and ported, Trueleo Intake manifold and a bunch of other items, I am just not sure exactly what it has. We would talk about it and he would tell me he is doing this and that and we talked about it, but I do not remember details.

Here is the bad. Both do not run, kindoff. They ran when he put them there and got them running from time to time, but for the last 1-2 years his health declined fast so he would only work on it once in a while and maybe went out the shop 2 or 3 times in the last 6-9 months. The last time I was there and helped him he tighten the alternator belt. I still wonder how GM thought it was a good idea to not have some type of bolt/nut tensioner style is beyond me. The 86 was painted by him, but the paint is not great. He started to sand portions and prep to get it repainted, but never got it finished. I was encouraging him to just wrap it, as I do that with my race cars, and it works great and looks great. Both cars will need to be painted or wrapped. The interiors of both are taken apart, why, I have no idea what he was doing inside the cars. He liked to change and update items. Whoever gets these is going to get an amazing deal and have a pair of great cars when done. They are both really close and someone who knows Fiero's well will get them finished the right way.

I did find and old post of his for sale add he put up here with pictures at the time. Now it still is the same car, just interior taken apart and needs paint.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/072957.html

I am thinking $4000 for both of the cars as they are now and sit. I know the two Trueleo intakes are worth half that as they are as we only made about 10-15 of them and two went to him. Yes, I know it is way to low price, I just do not have time to mess with them and get them all working with the projects and items I have going on right now. I would also like to sell them at a lower price to go to someone on the forum here to actually make them both run and drive. I think he would have liked to see them being used by people that appreciate what they are. Please do not ask to see videos of them running and driving as I can not do that. If I had time to get them all put back together and running then I would be asking a lot more money for both. You can contact me at Troy@Trueleo.com and I can get your information and text you pictures.
Located in Spotsylvania Virginia. I work from home now so I should be semi flexible when they can be picked up.
Thank you
Troy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troymx576

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Troymx576Click Here to visit Troymx576's HomePageSend a Private Message to Troymx576Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Sorry to hear about your dad. Those Trueleo parts were great.

Thanks. I made them to help my mom keep as he would go stir crazy at home. I lost money on every single one made, but it made him happy to make them and give him some spending money to buy Fiero parts. I basically paid for the materials and paid him his labor time, which was way to many hours for each one sold. It is good memories about making them together though so worth it.
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey - I’m going to send you an email.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock