Looking for IMSA style quarter pannel scoop by liv4God
Started on: 01-05-2021 10:16 PM
Replies: 9 (508 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 01-11-2021 06:17 PM
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to get a set of IMSA style quarter panel scoops. Not the actual IMSA wide body, but the ones that have the same style scoop, bit fit on an otherwise stock Fiero. I've heard someone is still making these? If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Or, if someone has a spare set sitting around, that would work too.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage / sage glassworks / sgwfiberglass at gmail dot com

He doesn't stock them, but makes them to order, in his "free" time. (Subliminal message: There may be a bit of a wait.)
I would recommend him highly.
I have a pair of those scoops, waiting to be installed on my white 88 coupe.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-05-2021).]

liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Raydar!

Now that I have the name I was able to find more info in this thread.

Sent him an email.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim Cleary of Fieromotive (St, Petersburg, FL) purchased the IMSA style scoop molds from FieroFiberglass last year and is currently refinishing the molds with the hope of producing more of them shortly along with several other Fiberglass items for Fiero's.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Hubbert:

Jim Cleary of Fieromotive (St, Petersburg, FL) purchased the IMSA style scoop molds from FieroFiberglass last year and is currently refinishing the molds with the hope of producing more of them shortly along with several other Fiberglass items for Fiero's.

It sure would be nice if Jim was kind enough to advertise his products on here since this IS a Fiero forum....rather than Facebook. I understand he has some sought-after fiberglass parts.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2021 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These don't look much different, and you can make them yourself out of stock quarter panels.

streetrod1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for streetrod1Send a Private Message to streetrod1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

These don't look much different, and you can make them yourself out of stock quarter panels.

TYSM for pointing this out. I was wondering if it could be done. A person could also use a shelby quarter scoop for like a 66 or 67 for a nice look.
I believe in capitalism but the price for the quarter scoops has gone mad. One kid had nerve to ask me over 600.00 for a pair of the mecham style ones.
I will make some. Im lucky to have a great body man who can make almost anything lol !
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by streetrod1:
One kid had nerve to ask me over 600.00 for a pair of the mecham style ones.

Were they "real" mecham scoops, made of urethane? Or just copies?

There is (or at least used to be) a demand for the originals. (No... I wouldn't buy them either.)
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've toyed with idea of making my own using the originals. In fact, years ago I even made the cut outs I wanted on a spare set. They are sitting in the garage. While I've meddled with fiberglass, like repairing a headliner or broken panel, I've never made fiberglass parts that are meant to be seen. That's pretty much what has stopped me from going further with it. I may give it a whirl though.

About the mecham scoops. I sold a set of fiberglass copies for $100 a couple years ago. I prefer side scoops that go in not out.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all for capitalism, too. But the fun of the hobby is doing the work you can do yourself. It's always fun, and cheaper, to be able to say to someone about a feature on your car, "I did it" or "I built it", when asked. I did not know how to make these before I just started experimenting, I'll attach a few pictures of some of the types I have made over the years. I use Fusor 114 adhesive, but there are other brands that will do the same gluing and filling. Fusor is what the autobody paint supply shop suggested when I first started on these. Overall, I've made around 20 sets, most being sold on Ebay. Just haven't had time the last few years.

The deepest set, raw glued up version.

Same thing primed and ready for paint. Careful on an 88 because being this deep can cause upper inside to hit the little fuel tank in upper fender well.

Only set of these I did. Quickly found they were double the work with the twin openings.

This the most common one I have made.

Then started making them like unit on the left. Wider at the wheel well arch, allows for easier installation of air intake or such. One on right is old style as above.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock