Started on: 12-29-2020 03:20 PM
Replies: 13 (380 views)
Last post by: CJFormula on 03-01-2023 06:13 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a source and part number for a backup light switch for a Fiero Getrag, or a known good used part.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a GM D2246A /GM 10094661 backup light switch and spliced a GM PT2309/GM 88862228 connector to the factory harness to hook it up, works great. I bought both on ebay for about $35.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I've searched every source I can think of and even used other vehicles with Getrags to no avail. One of our GFC members needs one. I think he's in an inspection county in Metro Atlanta. I'll pass this information on to him. Thank you very much for all the parts numbers.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red Devil River has them! Solved my problem.
Red Devil River Backup Switch
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How recent is the Red Devil Link?
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

How recent is the Red Devil Link?

I bought one of those about a year ago. I've bought other items from the site as recent as summer 2020.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I'll pass it on as another source in case he hasn't already ordered.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2021 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He just told me he got the parts Larryinkc listed and apparently got a defective switch. It will illuminate the lights if he presses the ball by hand, but won't when installed in the transmission. I think he's going to try another source for that switch.

Does anyone know if anything in the transmission could be the problem? Whatever it is that activates the switch may be worn or loose? I'm guessing that because it has a ball on the end, the part it comes into contact with either rolls or slides, like a shaft that moves laterally with the ball in contact with a flat area like _____o___/ and ramps up to a different level as the shaft moves.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 01-01-2021).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I have an oem nos switch laying around. I’ll get back with you tomorrow.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke with him and he said that the lever inside the transmission isn't moving enough to activate the switch, so it may not be the switch or the replacement he has. If you do locate yours, I might be interested in buying it.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ended up using a later Getrag switch. It had a different connector, but the price was much more reasonable.
I had to splice a new connector in to the harness, but I think it was still cheaper.
10094661 is the GM P/N. It's for a '93 3.1 Cavalier (which is probably what my trans came from.)
Rockauto lists several replacements. The most expensive one is $10.
They also list the connector. They range from $8.50 to $19 and change.

EDIT - Ooops. I see that the numbers I posted are for the same switch that Larry used. Sorry.

With that said... I used to have another Getrag (the one in my red car) that would not turn on the reverse lights. But it was obvious that it was not going all the way into reverse. The lever had to be held in position or it would vibrate out of reverse. It was never worth the trouble that it would have been to fix it, however.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-08-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have the switch. Brand new in box #d2219a
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me your price and paypal address if you have paypal.
CJFormula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJFormulaSend a Private Message to CJFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just went through 4 different switches for the back up light in my 88 5 speed getrag. The one on Red Devils site is not long enough. I tried Isuzu and others. The magic switch that worked without issue - Standard Motor Products LS300 Neutral/Backup Switch - Just posting here for those that may have the same problem.

------------------
88 CJB Formula.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock