'86 GT Auto - Dallas, Texas by cbdallas
Started on: 10-23-2020 08:34 AM
Replies: 0 (180 views)
Last post by: cbdallas on 10-23-2020 08:34 AM
cbdallas

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cbdallasSend a Private Message to cbdallasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD. Hey guys, decided to go a different direction with a "hobby car". Gotta admit, I'm a little too old for a car that sits this low to the ground. Love it, and it's been a fun project, but I need something a little more comfortable and easy to get in and out of.

1986, auto, 80,000 miles. I'm the 3rd owner. 2nd owner was in Missouri, 74 years old, had it since 1993, he bought it with 50,000 miles on it. He always garaged it & it lived a pampered life in a wealthy household.
Everything works except the cassette player. Just received a Delco 16228082, waiting on the conversion pigtail to arrive so I can install it. Speakers are original, new fronts arrive Saturday, will probably be in by Monday. A/C cools, but could probably perform better.

The following has been done in the last 30 days:

Shocks / Struts, Alignment
New Rear Calipers & E-brake cables, fluid flush
Valve Cover gaskets replaced
New Radiator, front hoses, reservoir, thermostat
New Oil pressure sender, new-to-me oil pressure gauge
Passenger headlight motor rebuilt by Stan Miller with Rodney’s aluminum gear & a new relay. Driver side motor works flawlessly, have not touched it.
New Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Fuel & Air filter
New Transmission fluid & filter
Fresh Castrol Synthetic high-mileage oil & filter
New Driver side window seal (dew scraper?) installed, have the passenger side ready to install.
Paint compounded & waxed.

I drive it to work every day, and it runs great, transmission shifts flawlessly. Runs nice and cool when moving, cooling fan kicks on when the temp gauge reads 220 when sitting in traffic. All lights, gauges, and electrical accessories work. 2 sets of keys, and a clear title in my name. I've basically returned the car to the state of being a reliable daily driver.

$7,000

Pictures: https://postimg.cc/gallery/GdGjwkT

[This message has been edited by cbdallas (edited 10-24-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave