GT40 by V8 Archie on Craigslist by Larryinkc
Started on: 10-12-2020 05:28 PM
Replies: 18 (2176 views)
Last post by: SabinioT on 02-26-2024 09:17 PM
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big mistake in the ad with it only on a trailer and asking 25k. He should put in in front of a decent back drop OFF the trailer. As it is people will think he's just a flipper and it might not run good enough to drive off/on the trailer for pics.
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Says it runs and drives great in the text. If I had a little extra cash and a place to put it I would be on my way to Iowa to see it in person.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really good. But even reading the ad it still leaves the impression that he's a flipper and it may not run the way he says. The pics say isn't the driver of the car and just bought it to flip. People will obviously argue but presentation and impression is everything when selling. And selling is the goal here. It'll sell, but would be easier with a nice presentation.

Sure would like to have one after looking them up. These were done and gone before my time here. Luckily there's a few vids on Youtube I found to watch. What is the consensus on these for presentation? Motor Sports video with Archie says it's dimensionally accurate? I wrongly thought they were a smaller version.

But the lower nose doesn't look correct. Everything else looks right. The nose misses the mark. The 2nd pic is a replica probably but has the lower nose I'm amiliar with.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 10-13-2020).]

Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The nose is modeled after the prototype.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks more like the GT4T car built by Archie after the Stinger in the 2003 -2004 timeframe. He drove it after I bought the Stinger in 2004 and I remember it was sold to someone in Iowa. Good luck with the price.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is definitely Archie's "GT4T" car... it's one of only 2 that have that TPI Throttle-Body extension (as of my recent conversations with Archie).

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...000046-30.html#p1160

Last I recall hearing that the car was in the Volo Museum around 2007... had no idea it was still in the Midwest!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The nose on the Archie car ruins it if you have seen a superformance car or one of the other replicas or an original Mk 1. Or the pic posted by Sourmash above. I saw the same body at a Carlisle show in 2004 I think it was called a Tornado? dont know for sure but it had the same nose. Still a nice car and the original owner must have taken a bath if this guy is flipping it for 25K. A pile of time and money went in to that car.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excepting the lower nose this is a nice car but in today's market $25K for a kit car is a stretch. It may have cost thousands to create this car but reality is that the collector car market is shrinking. You can buy a beautiful 2000-up Corvette for far less. Many potential owners might also be concerned with having a high power V8 coupled to a lower end light duty transmission. We wish the seller luck but IMO this car will sell for less than half the asking price.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2020 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What company was sourced for the GT4T?
Bugsmasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BugsmasherSend a Private Message to BugsmasherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold on eBay for $28,600. Seller said he drove it once and it was solid but loud.

Although it looked pretty good in pics, I wonder if that car “feels” like a $28k car compared to a Mera, which seems to fetch far less even with an engine upgrade.

Doesn’t mean the GT4T is not worth 28k...collectible, no doubt.
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2021 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think you'd have to compare it in value to another built GT40 kit on any other chassis, but not a full on repli-car. Which would draw more eyes in the buying pool? Not a lot of people even know of the Mera.
Ross Colket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ross ColketClick Here to visit Ross Colket's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ross ColketEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gentlemen,

Any idea what happened to the original molds that were used for V8 Archie's GT4T body? I know Jack died around 2005 and his wife was working on selling them, but that is about as far as I have gotten. I believe NAF is the same body molds, but I can not get ahold of them either.
I would appreciate any information to locating one of these kits, new or in progress. I have located the perfect 88 donor car and would like to complete one of these.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Ross

------------------
Ross Colket
Lansdale, PA

Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ross,
The Archie car is not a NAF/ASPP kit. Archie made his own parts. I too have been trying to contact NAF as well and had no luck.
Rick
racerx999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2021 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racerx999Send a Private Message to racerx999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I am the current owner of the V8Archie GT40 replica discussed above. I bought the car Jan. 1,2021. The car hadn't been driven much in its 17 year life and for good reason. The antiquated Holley commander that was controlling the 87 Camaro or Corvette TPI was setup was barely able to make the car run and it ran miserably. The rest of the car body , interior and suspension was almost like new from the time the car was built in 2003-2004. I was told by V8Archie (who I tracked down and is retired and living in Las Vegas ) that the Chevy 350 engine was what he called a new Taxi cab crate engine meaning that it was a plain Jane 250 HP 350 V8. I was a little bummed by that however upon tearing into the engine and removing the TPI manifold and plenum I found that the engine was not a plain Jane engine and it had a fairly nice Comp cam and world product heads. I installed a Edelbrock Victor Jr. Manifold and a Holley Sniper fuel injection system along with a new set of ceramic coated Sanderson headers. The engine really runs strong and has a wonderfully aggressive idle sound. After that I repaired the A/C which is a must for a car with fixed windows. I dropped the lower part of the front opening or mouth of the car to catch air and develop some down force on the front of the car because it did feel very light at speeds above 60. This really did the trick and the front feels stable at 100 which is the fastest I have taken it. I added some valve cover adapters to allow Ford Cobra valve covers to be installed and a long Cobra air cleaner. I know the engine is mounted transverse but it still looks better to me. I drive all the cars I have and the little odd ball car has taken me over 1500 miles in the last 6 weeks. I also installed taller profile tires to fill up the large gap between the fender. The 1965 GT40's race cars ran tall profile slicks so to me this fixes the gap problem and is still sort of period correct. The suspension could not be lowered anymore. I plan to move the rear lower control arms this winter to move the rear wheels back 1" this will center the wheels in the wheel wells and get the wheel base measurement closer to the original GT40's . I am looking into fitting a standard MK1B front clip on the car. The front this car has was molded from GT104 which is one of the prototype cars. All the body parts on this car were molded from GT104 while it was apart for restoration (my research shows). This is just a little bit of info. to follow up this old thread. Some like the car some don't . I find it interesting and fun.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2021 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racerx999:

Very nice. Beautiful car and I'm glad it went to someone who appreciates Archie's work. Make a new thread in General Chat about this and post lots of pictures. Welcome to the forum.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2021 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum and it is good to hear that the car ended up with someone passionate about it and able to make refinements to it to really make it yours. Please keep sharing progress pictures.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's looking great.

We need more pictures.

Archie
SabinioT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SabinioTSend a Private Message to SabinioTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone or any shop still making these conversions?

Sabino

sabino.torre@gmail.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock