Side scoops by jaybug56
Started on: 08-26-2020 12:48 PM
Replies: 12 (850 views)
Last post by: jaybug56 on 09-11-2020 11:48 AM
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ISO quarter panel scoops
I would really like some that stick out from the panel
I have searched the web and haven't found any
Let me know what you have available
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2020 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will have to find a set of Mecham scoops which are hard to find. They look like this:

Or buy the Archie rocker panels that have a wide scoop:
http://www.v8archie.us/rocker-panels-kits.html
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You will have to find a set of Mecham scoops which are hard to find. They look like this:

Or buy the Archie rocker panels that have a wide scoop:

The Mecham scoops look very nice and it's the type that I want
The Archie rocker / scoops are great but not what I am wanting for this car
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2020 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a pair of the FieroFiberglas Cayman ones in the attached pix? These are brand new, never mounted, no holes drilled or vents cut, The last set made and straight out of the FF molds. If interested please email me at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM Thanks for your interest, have a great day and stay safe.
[img]https://images.fiero.nl/userimages/Larry%2520Hubbert/FF%20Cayman%20Side%20Scoops-02.jp]g[/img
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2020 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have a original set of Mecham Scoops in about 10 days. Price will be 1500$ Shipped.

Boz
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2020 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

I will have a original set of Mecham Scoops in about 10 days. Price will be 1500$ Shipped.

Boz

jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2020 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Boz

P P PASS
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2020 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaybug56:

P P PASS

Yeah HARD pass on that. When they come up, they're usually in the $500 range. Oh, and yes, I mean for the original ones, not the fiberglass knock-offs. I've bought two sets now, the first was from Eric Mecham, and the last was a little over a year ago off a guy in one of the FB groups. They're not THAT rare, but you do have to act quick when they come up for sale.
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2020 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another smaller option is scoops off a Fiat X1/9 , which go onto your existing panel rather than replacing it. They're about the same size as factory one, only longer, and can be had for both left and right sides.

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 09-02-2020).]

jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

Another smaller option is scoops off a Fiat X1/9 , which go onto your existing panel rather than replacing it. They're about the same size as factory one, only longer, and can be had for both left and right sides.

Where can I find these

[This message has been edited by jaybug56 (edited 09-10-2020).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where can I find these

Unfortunately you'll have to find a junkyard or purchase them used online. Here's a set from the U.K
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fi...f:g:v44AAOSwf~tfVd2g
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where can I find these

I got mine on Ebay. Start with a search for like "Fiat X1/9 scoop." eg https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vi...0:g:h9YAAOSw~jJchcAI

Note they are "sided", ie left is different than right. I was fortunate to find a set of both sides, but you may have to get one of each from different sellers. Or just do the one ..shrug..

Also easier if you have something like the Rodney Dickman cold air intake; in any event, expect to do a little fiddling with your plumbing to install, along with cutting the body. But that's to be expected.

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 09-11-2020).]

jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

I got mine on Ebay. Start with a search for like "Fiat X1/9 scoop." eg https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vi...0:g:h9YAAOSw~jJchcAI

Note they are "sided, ie left is different than right. I was fortunate to find a set of both sides, but you may have to get one of each from different sellers. Or just replace the one ..shrug..

Also easier if you have something like the Rodney Dickman cold air intake; in any event, expect to do a little fiddling with your plumbing to install, along with cutting the body. But that's to be expected.

-- A

Thanks

I pulled the trigger and bought a pair of Fiat X1/9 scoops from a company in Ohio. I have to have them in my hands to decide if I want to use them. I haven't had any luck in finding anything I like, new or used. I started mocking up some scoops using an extra pair of rear quarter panels and I got a shape that I like. I have done fiberglass work in the past and got kinda excited about the project. Almost ordered material to get it done but I hesitated before I hit the "Place Order" button. I think I am getting to old, tired or just lazy. (Maybe all 3) I will see where this road leads me.

Thanks for the help

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock