Seatbelt Retainer repair for sale by thelinsells
Started on: 08-11-2020 04:12 PM
Replies: 12 (562 views)
Last post by: thelinsells on 11-10-2020 02:47 PM
thelinsells

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you can see there is a metal insert taking the place of all the important points of this trim piece.The shell still retains the seat belt for ease of use.This kit is available in two forms.A bare kit to fix both sides ,Or the deluxe kit that includes the shell as you see in the pix.The bare kit is available with your choice of three colors on the retaining rivets,Black,light grey or dark grey.$25+$12 shipping.The availablity of the deluxe kit is limited ,It is in dark grey,or light grey at $50+$25 shipping thelinsells@cox,net Paypal

[This message has been edited by thelinsells (edited 08-16-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2020 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you the response has been great
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the response of this topic I am resubmiling
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2020 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I just say these things ROCK. I've "fixed" the plastic in mine over and over again, and each time the glue breaks or the screws come loose or something just doesn't work. The original design is just crappy. These are strong (surprisingly so for being so lightweight), and the instructions are pretty good. Could use pictures for those of us who are visual learners (trim HERE, you bozo ) but I figured it out easily enough.

I'm still chuckling over the bit about "these aren't perfect." I did have to file the tabs a bit (if you get the kit you'll see what I mean), but it only took a bit and they fit like a glove now. Didn't take long either -- heck, on on a T-top car you just pull the seat out of the car, easiest way to work on it.

While I just tonight installed the kit, they feel a bunch stronger and I betcha they're gonna last longer than those damn plastic stubs. Thanks!

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 08-21-2020).]

The_Q42

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Q42Send a Private Message to The_Q42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may be a dumb request, but can someone snap a picture of these things installed so I can clearly see where it is? I THINK mine may just be flat-out broken
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen one of these retainers so badly mauled that this reenforcment would not put it back into service.If you broke the seatbelt hook off ,which I have never seen,then you have wasted plastic.You will not use the plastic to be mounted to the seat frame .That now becomes the job of the piece I provide.Try a set , they work.
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Q42:

This may be a dumb request, but can someone snap a picture of these things installed so I can clearly see where it is? I THINK mine may just be flat-out broken

Driver's side, out of the car:

This is mine with the bosses ground off in prep for the installation of this kit. My understanding is that they generally break INSIDE, at the screw points (green) and the center attachment (red).

either due to crappy design and/or a fat butt like mine hitting the hook proper As messr Linsell says, you'd have to really bang on the hook to break it, but if it is broken or gone, there's the complete kit with new plastic too. On mine, the outer plastic was beautiful, so all I needed was the metal bracket and hardware kit.

Is that helpful?

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 08-25-2020).]

The_Q42

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Q42Send a Private Message to The_Q42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that was extremely helpful, thank you! :-) I'll likely be ordering one of these shortly
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2020 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car design isn't precise.Some engines now are bilt to last 200,000 miles.But a trim to last 40 years isn't natural.I am happy I could figure out how to save a trim part and keep its look and function.
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2020 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great innovative product that solves a common breakage problem.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2020 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great reception .It makes me feel good to produce a low cost item that does its job .
thelinsells

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More now ready to ship

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock