1988 Rear Brake Calipers by renderareason
Started on: 07-30-2020 09:31 AM
Replies: 11 (660 views)
Last post by: renderareason on 12-20-2020 05:45 PM
renderareason

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for renderareasonSend a Private Message to renderareasonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a set of 88 rear brake calipers with e-brake brackets/spring? The Fiero Store is currently sold out with no ETA on re-stock.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimsxray

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimsxraySend a Private Message to jimsxrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a set for the same reason.
LoveBirds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoveBirdsSend a Private Message to LoveBirdsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have a set soon!
renderareason

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for renderareasonSend a Private Message to renderareasonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoveBirds:

I will have a set soon!

PM sent!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check this site out. I ordered a set of all 4 corners for my 88 on here. Great service and NOS parts.

http://calipersonline.com/pontiacfiero.aspx
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2020 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will check what I have on hand on these when I go to my workshop tomorrow. I do know that the ones I have will be just as they came off of the 88's I have parted out and are as is although they can all be rebuilt or used as cores. Thank you.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Check this site out. I ordered a set of all 4 corners for my 88 on here. Great service and NOS parts.

http://calipersonline.com/pontiacfiero.aspx

Just so you know, they seem to have gone out of biz. I tried to get my core charge returned and have not received any response.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2020 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O'Reilly's is hit-or-miss depending on if cores are out there to be rebuilt, but another option. I snagged a set from them with a lifetime warranty and had one fail within a year; due to cores being unobtainable, the store covered the cost of having a local brake shop rebuild it again.

If the vehicle is an automatic, you could also install front calipers on the rear and eliminate the parking brake.

[This message has been edited by jonrev (edited 08-11-2020).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2020 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Just so you know, they seem to have gone out of biz. I tried to get my core charge returned and have not received any response.

Newsflash -- they are still in business and I have received my core charge. Mark was very helpful in tracking down what happened. Just setting the record straight on this business that rebuilds the 88 calipers.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2020 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if you found the 88 rear calipers that you needed, however I just picked up an 88 Formula and I will be parting it out over the next two weeks. So if you are still in need of them please contact me at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM . Thanks.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2020 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send your current calipers to get rebuilt by Phoenix Caliper. Give him a call and let him know you're sending them over. Both of the rear calipers fit snugly in a medium sized USPS flat rate shipping box; bag them up in a few garbage bags so they don't leak all over the place during shipment. I just had my 88 rears rebuilt by him a few weeks ago and he did a fantastic job and they are working flawlessly. He's a nice guy too, he runs a good professional business. The price was ~200$ for both of mine to get rebuilt.

http://phoenixcaliper.com/

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 12-17-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
renderareason

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2020 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for renderareasonSend a Private Message to renderareasonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to find a set, now just have to get them rebuilt. Thanks for the tips!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock