Need wheel lock socket by LoveBirds
Started on: 07-29-2020 06:47 AM
Replies: 10 (257 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 08-01-2020 08:57 AM
LoveBirds

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoveBirdsSend a Private Message to LoveBirdsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have the key / socket to remove the lock lug nut?

Need it before Saturday, yikes!

[This message has been edited by LoveBirds (edited 07-29-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2020 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll probably have to buy a standard socket and drive it on the nut. I think I used a 6 sided socket. In the interim you can dab trans fluid on the threaded area to soak to make it move more freely.
I've also used one of the tuner six tab keys and ground some of the tabs off. In my case I left 2 tabs, one at 12 o'clock and one at 6. It worked on 2-3 of the nuts but not one of them.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoveBirds:

Does anyone have the key / socket to remove the lock lug nut?

Need it before Saturday, yikes!

Most tire shops will have the tools to remove that.
Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use a lug nut removal tool.....I've used one for 4 locking lug nuts, and it took each one off without trouble. Easy.

https://shop.advanceautopar..._medium=cpc&utm_camp aign=b_pla_all_hand%2Fspecialty%2Ftools_hand%2Ftools_gen_gen_all_pros_aap_us_all&utm_term=4580634168436967&utm_content=Bing_PLA_Hand%20%26%20Specialty%20Tools_Hand%20Tools_Specialty%20Measuring%2Fassembly%20Tools&gclid=CMalwo_M8uoCFTwHiAkdRhINRQ&gclsrc=ds

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

LoveBirds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoveBirdsSend a Private Message to LoveBirdsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I was looking at those tools yesterday at the local parts store, didn’t seem like it would work but since you had success I’m going to grab it and give it a go.

Since car is wrecked I need to possibly remove wheels and take calipers off to free up wheels to get on a trailer. So taking it to a tire shop isn’t an option.
thelinsells

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go to almost any tire store , they have a selection of these tools .
fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like sourmash suggested, get a socket that you'd prolly have no use anymore that fits just snug on there and hammer the socket onto it then use a breaker bar or impact wrench to get it off. prolly toss both the nut and socket afterwards since it'll be a ***** to separate them. I used this technique on locking lug nuts on my jeep which used 19mm and I used a 12 bolt standard that was about the same size that was tight fit but hammered it on to get the nut off.

edit-
I used method 2 in the vid below
youtube vid

[This message has been edited by fst100 (edited 07-30-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2020 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I reused the same socket on several lug nuts. Once it breaks free leave the lug loose but still in the hub and work the socket off. Just driving the socket on far enough in the first place is key too. Don't drive it home.
David Riedle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always welded a nut on the wheel nut.

Works well.

Dave
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have two or three Fiero OEM wheel lock keys w lug nuts in the shop but there are like 6 different versions. If you need a wheel lock socket its almost impossible to tell which one might fit without having the car and the keyed sockets in the same place.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Start soaking those lugs in tiny bit of tranny fluid. They are a ***** to get off once they rust up.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock