Wanting to buy: Holley intake manifold for iron duke by Indy-453
Started on: 07-27-2020 01:33 AM
Replies: 5 (220 views)
Last post by: Indy-453 on 08-19-2020 07:38 PM
Indy-453

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy-453Send a Private Message to Indy-453Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I am looking for a Holley manifold for an iron duke. Shipping would be to Calgary, Canada.

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you decide to use that manifold, I believe that it will only accept the larger Holly throttle body. It should enable gaining some horsepower but those two items are difficult to find. The big question is: will the gain justify the investment?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Indy-453

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy-453Send a Private Message to Indy-453Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the upgrade parts are perhaps controversial when V6 swaps are common. I am trying to keep the car looking as stock as possible to the casual viewer, while eking out what power can be had. Hiding a better flowing manifold under the air cleaner helps achieve that. I already have obtained a NOS TBI unit, just need the manifold.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indy-453:

I know the upgrade parts are perhaps controversial when V6 swaps are common. I am trying to keep the car looking as stock as possible to the casual viewer, while eking out what power can be had. Hiding a better flowing manifold under the air cleaner helps achieve that. I already have obtained a NOS TBI unit, just need the manifold.

Many other GM automobiles of that era had the Iron Duke engine. If you cannot find the Holley unit, I would investigate which year manifold might flow the best, bolt up and accept the larger Holley throttle body. IMO, the larger Holly throttle body itself is the main power adder and you can always port to smooth out the flow.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

lyleap-gmc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2020 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lyleap-gmcSend a Private Message to lyleap-gmcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an Iron Duke that I just pulled out. It has the Holley throttle body. How does one identify the Holley manifold?
Indy-453

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy-453Send a Private Message to Indy-453Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The clearest tell is it has Holley cast into the side of it.

There's some pictures mid way down the thread in this link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/074980.html

The port for the TBI unit is also bigger on these manifolds.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock