Whale tale spoiler by Awalker W02
Started on: 07-14-2020 10:01 PM
Replies: 8 (531 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-23-2020 07:25 PM
Awalker W02

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a whale tale spoiler mold for the notchback. Is there any interest to create a run of these? I do t have a picture yet but I will be casting one for photos. they would be around 250 er spoiler.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 07-14-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2020 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Awalker W02:

I have a whale tail spoiler mold for the notchback. Is there any interest to create a run of these? I do t have a picture yet but I will be casting one for photos. they would be around 250 er spoiler.

IIRC that's the spoiler that wraps around the deck lid and was formerly sold by Fiero Fiberglass (Sage) and IRM. If you wish to do a small run it might prove cost effective to take the mold to a boat fiberglass shop (who is already set up to do that work) and have them made there. Its a good looking piece that when glassed in really looks smooth and nice.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2020 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

IIRC that's the spoiler that wraps around the deck lid and was formerly sold by Fiero Fiberglass (Sage) and IRM. If you wish to do a small run it might prove cost effective to take the mold to a boat fiberglass shop (who is already set up to do that work) and have them made there. Its a good looking piece that when glassed in really looks smooth and nice.

Oh I don’t have a problem laying the glass. I’ve been doing glass work for over 12 years now and have the set up. I don’t want to step on sage’s toes either, His is a bit larger than the one I have to offer. I just know that I have seen the same one on eBay for a few months now. I just got done casting one For myself yesterday. I’ll get it trimmed up and mounted this weekend and post a picture.

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 07-18-2020).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2020 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

...formerly sold by Fiero Fiberglass (Sage) and IRM.

Sorry... Fiero Fiberglass never made these. It was Fiero Warehouse (Sage - and Doug) and IRM, before that.

IIRC, Sage actually has (or had) molds for two different whaletails. One whose bottom trailing edge was pretty much even with the lock cylinder, and one that extended all the way to the bottom of the decklid.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2020 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Sorry... Fiero Fiberglass never made these. It was Fiero Warehouse (Sage - and Doug) and IRM, before that.

IIRC, Sage actually has (or had) molds for two different whaletails. One whose bottom trailing edge was pretty much even with the lock cylinder, and one that extended all the way to the bottom of the decklid.

Yea I just talked to sage. He has a spoiler just like it so I’m not going to be producing them for resale.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Awalker W02:
Yea I just talked to sage. He has a spoiler just like it so I’m not going to be producing them for resale.

Interesting. I saw your pic in the other thread.
I've had two different styles of wraparound, on various notchies. (The ones I mentioned, previously.) One came from DGP (before IRM bought them), and the other came from some Canadian outfit. Fieroshop, maybe? (It's where I learned about brokerage fees. )
On both of them, the "side rails" extended all the way to the pillars/engine grills. The sides on yours are obviously shorter. (Not that that's not what Sage has. Just that I've never seen it.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-19-2020).]

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2020 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have an interest in one of those spoilers.
Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2020 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by da.slyboy:

I would have an interest in one of those spoilers.

Pm me
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

You are right. A guy by the name of Dan supplied Fiero Fiberglass (Jimmy) and when Dan had a heart attack he retired and the parts stopped being made. I remember Jimmy was on this forum for quite a few years. That guy really had a "short fuse" when you asked him a question.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock