4T60E by treborerellim
Started on: 07-03-2020 06:20 PM
Replies: 8 (279 views)
Last post by: cmechmann on 07-16-2020 10:51 PM
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WTB Hoping somebody out there has a 4T 60 E transmission that they would like to sell. Looking for a 333 Final Drive if I can get. Please let me know if you do.

Thanks, Bob

[This message has been edited by treborerellim (edited 07-04-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wireburn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wireburnSend a Private Message to wireburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: I'm an idiot

[This message has been edited by wireburn (edited 07-07-2020).]

GPickardt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GPickardtSend a Private Message to GPickardtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4t60e in Maryland. I am not sure of the final gearing but if you tell me how to find out I can get you the information.

Gary
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2020 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These transmissions are getting harder to find in good running shape as they were discontinued somewhere around 1998. You can find them on Car-Part.com in used unknown condition for about $300 but its a crap shoot. Buying off someone that you know is a better idea.
It looks like the one on my 4.9L project may need a rebuild but we've decided to do the rebuild here. You can restore these boxes to better than new performance for about $500-$600 in parts. The rebuild process is lengthy but nothing more than carefully replacing the internal parts like clutch plates, bands and maybe a sprocket in the correct order. A remanufactured 4T60e will cost you about $1600 so they can be costly.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

treborerellim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1st part of my reply is to Gary. Do you have any idea where the transmission came from. In any case I am definitely interested.

To Dennis, one of these days when I run over to club mate Fierro Jon's I am just going to have to stop by and meet you if possible.

Bob
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2020 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by treborerellim:

The 1st part of my reply is to Gary. Do you have any idea where the transmission came from. In any case I am definitely interested.

To Dennis, one of these days when I run over to club mate Fierro Jon's I am just going to have to stop by and meet you if possible.

Bob

Didn't mean to take this post off course but Gary has a good reputation and probably has a good working 4T60e for you. If you wish to come over and talk Fieros, I always welcome Fiero friends on short or long notice. PM for phone number. Located about 20 minutes drive from the PA line, not far off Rt 202.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2020 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FWIW... the 3.33s mostly came in Eldorados and (I think) Sevilles. Most of the Devilles ended up with 2.97s.
Hope that helps.
treborerellim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've managed to find a 93 El Dorado with both the engine and the transmission at a u-pull not too far away from me. Will try to check it out tomorrow. Wish me luck. But, I may still have to talk to Gary if the El Dorado doesn't pan out.

Bob
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock