Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Ha! Check out what I just found for sale guys!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ha! Check out what I just found for sale guys! by SpaceLion
Started on: 06-27-2020 10:11 PM
Replies: 17 (1324 views)
Last post by: Saxman on 09-28-2020 01:32 AM
SpaceLion

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaceLionSend a Private Message to SpaceLionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Saxman's Fino.

Bob
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Fiero rebody with a carbureted iron block V8 engine may not generate a lot of interest but the owner has probably invested quite heavily in this car. May have been an Archie creation.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

SpaceLion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaceLionSend a Private Message to SpaceLionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah but I mean the rarity of that interior kit alone. It's just cool to see them out in the wild still.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is not a bad looking car. I like everything about it except the headlights. Looks to be a great deal honestly.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'd rebody it as a Fiero.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like a deformed Gremlin to me....
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried to post up a pic but its not working for me. Can someone post some up before they get lost?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-11-2020).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Per John's request, here are some of the Fino photos from the ad.

Nelson
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

I think I'd rebody it as a Fiero.

LOL. My thoughts exactly. Looks like a Hyundai Tiburon suffering from elephantitits. ....

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 07-11-2020).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Looks like Saxman's Fino.

Bob

It actually WAS his car. I reached out to Andrew and just got an email from him regarding this. This is what the car looked like when he had it.

He may join in and post more pictures.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-11-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before the Enzo, there was....

Sorry to anyone who feels slighted by that comment.
The Art Doctor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Art DoctorClick Here to visit The Art Doctor's HomePageSend a Private Message to The Art DoctorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks much better with the headlight covers, the black eye treatment is not flattering.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was never a fan of rebodies, I think the Fiero looks unique enough anyway.
But if you throw in the interior, the engine swap as well as the body swap, that's a darn good deal at that price, considering people seem to want 5k for junk these days.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

fst100

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fst100Send a Private Message to fst100Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Art Doctor:

Looks much better with the headlight covers, the black eye treatment is not flattering.

with the headlight covers it looks like someone smashed the hood of a 3rd gen Mitsubishi eclipse. interesting and unique design nonetheless but not for me.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2020 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to imagine that this much fender wheel well height was intended as part of the original design. Was it built from a concept sketch but the physical car platform forced proportion changes?

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

It's hard to imagine that this much fender wheel well height was intended as part of the original design. Was it built from a concept sketch but the physical car platform forced proportion changes?

A lot of work and money was put into this kit car to arrive at something far less attractive than a stock Fiero. It looks like an inflated old Miata. IMO, this is what happens when you draw a car and then try to squeeze it on a Fiero frame. To my eyes the Pontiac Fiero is almost a timeless design, I just made minor changes to the taillight panel and am very happy with the stock look.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Saxman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2020 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi! Yes, that's my old Finiero, but she sure looks different now! Miss you guys! Wish I could find the right car down here in FL now. Still have an attic full of old parts!

------------------
Saxman

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock