1988 Fiero Formula 3.4L $3000 by Bill00
Started on: 06-01-2020 08:26 PM
Replies: 9 (878 views)
Last post by: Bill00 on 06-27-2020 08:54 AM
Bill00

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill00Send a Private Message to Bill00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 Fiero Formula 101668 miles. All the work was done by me in 2004-2005 on this car. It was last on the road in the spring of 2006. It has been sitting in my garage since 2007. 3.4 Camaro V6 was overhauled with new rings and bearings, new oil pump, new Crane Compucam camshaft and double roller timing chain. Heads had valve job done. About 1500 miles on the overhaul. New fuel gauge sender and fuel pump. New clutch with resurfaced flywheel and rebuilt master and slave cylinders. Polyurethane bushings in the rear suspension. I have poly bushings and 1 inch drop ball joints for the front not installed. New brake calipers and rotors. The Interior needs to be cleaned. New headliner. The plastic that holds the hvac and radio is broken. Again all of this work was done in 2004-2005 so it's showing its age. I have some extra body panels that go with the car if the buyer wants them. $3000.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2020 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bill00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2020 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill00Send a Private Message to Bill00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it does. It was last started about three years ago when I put some fresh gas in it and some fuel stabilizer. I just started it again a couple of hours ago. The fuel pump wouldn't turn on at first, so I was going to jump it at the diagnostic port. When I went to jump the fuel pump I saw it already had a switch under the ashtray. I remember doing that when I first got the car because sometimes the pump wouldn't turn on. I had to turn the pump on and off a few times to free it up because it was stuck. The fuel gauge doesn't seem to be working now. After the car warmed up and the radiator fan turned on. The oil pressure was 40 psi at idle. I made a video of the start.
https://youtu.be/C3Tj3nbUZW4

[This message has been edited by Bill00 (edited 06-03-2020).]

Bill00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill00Send a Private Message to Bill00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed the transaxle has a pretty bad leak. Looks like it needs axle seals. I'm going to lower the price to $2000 firm.
jw3

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2020 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jw3Send a Private Message to jw3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the car located?
Bill00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2020 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill00Send a Private Message to Bill00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saint Albans, West Virginia.
The Art Doctor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2020 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Art DoctorClick Here to visit The Art Doctor's HomePageSend a Private Message to The Art DoctorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has it been sitting up on those jack stands all these years?
Bill00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2020 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill00Send a Private Message to Bill00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been on the jack stands for about six years. It needs new tires. the front ones are dry rotted, but they will hold air to move it around. The rear tires don't look too bad, but I would change them too. It was my intention to keep this car and restore it, but I've realized that I'm not going to get around to it for a long time. I have a large list of projects and this one is at the bottom.
Bill00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2020 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill00Send a Private Message to Bill00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For someone asking about this area.
Bill00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill00Send a Private Message to Bill00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some more information on the car that I was telling someone in a private message. I thought I would share it here. The brackets that hold the coolant pipes are crusty, but not completely rusted away. The only major rust I've seen is some rust through under the battery tray. The paint was originally white, but it looks like to me it has been resprayed. The paint is dull and has spider cracking around the edges. It could probably be polished and would look decent. The horn does not work. I can hear the relay working. The air conditioning does not work. It worked before I changed the engine. It is the R12 system, so I was going to convert it over to R134A.
I just remembered I installed new parking brake cables and one of the shift cables.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock