Need 1985 or 86 ECM/ECU 2.5L w/Manual Trans by SteveMushynsky
Started on: 05-12-2020 11:52 PM
Replies: 2 (123 views)
Last post by: SteveMushynsky on 06-10-2020 11:52 PM
SteveMushynsky

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveMushynskySend a Private Message to SteveMushynskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a 1985 or 86 ECM/ECU for 2.5L 4 cyl with Manual Transmission:

85 ECM 1226864 with PROM HFL1104 or DYU6910

or

86 ECM 1226864 with PROM FAU2975

Thank you.

Plz reply to email steve@sbmcrafters.com or via DM here.

Thanks muchly.

------------------
Steve Mushynsky

1984 Fiero 2M4
34K miles

1986 Fiero SE I4 (donor now)
Lots of good miles. One very bad mile.

1987 Fiero
Tried to kill me (gone to a 'better place')
Prior owner failed to tighten a bolt. Trailing arm separated at 70 mph

[This message has been edited by SteveMushynsky (edited 05-13-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
arbakken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arbakkenSend a Private Message to arbakkenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 manual 2.5 car, and it came with 3 ecus. I think 2 were correct, and either way I'm doing an ecotec swap. That said:

1. I'm pretty sure I left them at work and am stuck working from home for at least a couple weeks.
2. The engine wiring harness melted and the fuel injector quit. I don't think the ecu got fried, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

I'll have a look around if you're interested. Maybe a you pay shipping and if it works send a few more bucks and if it doesn't you're only out shipping sort of deal?
SteveMushynsky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2020 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveMushynskySend a Private Message to SteveMushynskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arbakken:

I have an 85 manual 2.5 car, and it came with 3 ecus. I think 2 were correct, and either way I'm doing an ecotec swap. That said:

1. I'm pretty sure I left them at work and am stuck working from home for at least a couple weeks.
2. The engine wiring harness melted and the fuel injector quit. I don't think the ecu got fried, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

I'll have a look around if you're interested. Maybe a you pay shipping and if it works send a few more bucks and if it doesn't you're only out shipping sort of deal?

Sorry about the delay in responding - I was side-tracked by a health issue and an unexpected operation

Under the screw on plate on the ECU, the chip should show a code beginning with "HFL" or "DYU" for an 85 manual or "FAU" for an 86 manual.
I could use any of these three ECUs.

As I'm nowhere near getting my car put together yet, please advise how much you might want (price plus shipping) for a hopefully working 85 or 86 ECU with one of these three chips in it? I'll take the chance on if it works with no repercussions, so long as it doesn't show signs of having been scorched. Obviously no hurry on this.

------------------
Steve Mushynsky

1984 Fiero 2M4
34K miles

1986 Fiero SE I4 (donor now)
Lots of good miles. One very bad mile.

1987 Fiero
Tried to kill me (gone to a 'better place')
Prior owner failed to tighten a bolt. Trailing arm separated at 70 mph

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock